Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What, me worry?

Started by Piglet, January 05, 2018, 10:59:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet

I knew this season would be a series of ups and downs for every team in the league including Kentucky.  Too much talent, too much good coaching, and too much home court refereeing advantage for any team to expect a road game to be an easy victory.  The good news it will help at tournament time in both seeding and tough game experience.

I don't like losing games, but it is a reality you have to deal with in basketball.  The Hogs have the talent and experience to play with any team this year.  It is not going to be a long year, but we will see several more losses - hopefully just road losses. 

My desire for this team is to be at least in position to win every road game at the end.  I do not want any more Houston blowouts.  I actually think the Razorbacks will play well at Auburn and I am hopeful for a victory.  But a loss will not be the end to a good season.  We will still win our share of the games assuming no key players have a year-ending injury.
Treasure your ignorance.  Once it is lost you can never get it back.

Hawg Red

Tuesday's loss should be both disappointing and encouraging.

Disappointing to lose a close road game that you really gave away/easily could have won (poor FT shooting; poor shooting by Barford; key late mistakes).

Encouraging that the Hogs really beat themselves in the end despite a 40-12 free throw disparity. The Hogs are that much better than MSU that MSU got 28 more FT attempts and still only won by 3 points because Hogs just couldn't seal the deal.

I can handle a competitive road defeat regardless of how the game was lost. You don't want to see the Houston type of loss, as mentioned. We have a legitimate chance to beat Auburn this weekend and then we'll be back on track. If we learned anything from last season's road loss to Missouri and home defeated to a short-handed Vanderbilt, it's to be patient. This is a good team. We all know that (or should). The MSU loss stings but I think they'll make up for it.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 05, 2018, 11:05:29 am
Tuesday's loss should be both disappointing and encouraging.

Disappointing to lose a close road game that you really gave away/easily could have won (poor FT shooting; poor shooting by Barford; key late mistakes).

Encouraging that the Hogs really beat themselves in the end despite a 40-12 free throw disparity. The Hogs are that much better than MSU that MSU got 28 more FT attempts and still only won by 3 points because Hogs just couldn't seal the deal.

I can handle a competitive road defeat regardless of how the game was lost. You don't want to see the Houston type of loss, as mentioned. We have a legitimate chance to beat Auburn this weekend and then we'll be back on track. If we learned anything from last season's road loss to Missouri and home defeated to a short-handed Vanderbilt, it's to be patient. This is a good team. We all know that (or should). The MSU loss stings but I think they'll make up for it.

Solid post. Thanks, Hawg Red!
#NolanRichardsonCourt