Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CB target Eddie Smith talks Hogs, other schools

Started by Richard Davenport, January 04, 2018, 09:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

We will be his final visit. Has 3 SEC visits to go.

Tenn, MSU, Us.

WOOPIGDOOIE

I think we have a good shot at him, saving best for last

King Kong

I hate the last visit. Too many times those kids go and commit to another school and never make it

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: King Kong on January 10, 2018, 05:47:11 pm
I hate the last visit. Too many times those kids go and commit to another school and never make it
Yeah, but i dont think that will be the case this time. He talks very highly of Arkansas, lots of Arkansas stuff on his twitter. I think he will at least visit, but Tenn will be tough competition for him.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 10, 2018, 05:54:55 pm
Yeah, but i dont think that will be the case this time. He talks very highly of Arkansas, lots of Arkansas stuff on his twitter. I think he will at least visit, but Tenn will be tough competition for him.

He's a Louisiana kid and we have Chavis, who coached some of the players he undoubtedly grew up idolizing. I can't imagine that not helping us.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on January 10, 2018, 11:05:30 pm
He's a Louisiana kid and we have Chavis, who coached some of the players he undoubtedly grew up idolizing. I can't imagine that not helping us.
he's not a lock but he's close to it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

MAGA45

Just offered by Bama. We just can't compete when you are guaranteed to play in the playoff every year you are there. Too bad
Fake News

RaisinHog

TexasRazorback

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 11, 2018, 02:52:17 pm
Still think this after the bama offer?

Until he cancels his visit on the 26th to Fayetteville, We have a chance

31to6

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 11, 2018, 02:52:17 pm
Still think this after the bama offer?
Not all offers are equal.

You never know if he is a plan B for them, or someone they will try to slow play that we can be a sure thing for, etc.

TebowHater

He said he wanted a school where he could play as a freshman. If he truly wants this, he isn't going to Bama.

That said, I can see how all the other good things about Bama could make playing as a freshman less important. Also, to be fair, they played tons of freshmen this year.

SooieGeneris

The kid has picked up 3 crystal ball picks to 'Bama in the last 2 days. According to 24/7 he is visiting them on Jan. 26th. That is the date he was supposed to visit us. Not looking good for us according to that.

https://247sports.com/Player/Eddie-Smith-46038981

Any kid can get swayed by an offer from 'Bama, it is what it is..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 12, 2018, 12:47:13 pm
The kid has picked up 3 crystal ball picks to 'Bama in the last 2 days. According to 24/7 he is visiting them on Jan. 26th. That is the date he was supposed to visit us. Not looking good for us according to that.

https://247sports.com/Player/Eddie-Smith-46038981

Any kid can get swayed by an offer from 'Bama, it is what it is..
He is no longer visiting Arkansas..

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RaisinHog

I blame this on pokey because he said he was almost a lock ... Every stinking Time lol

31to6

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 12, 2018, 02:16:29 pm
I blame this on pokey because he said he was almost a lock ... Every stinking Time lol
Seems to be the kiss of death. :P

SooieGeneris

January 12, 2018, 02:45:22 pm #19 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:59:30 pm by SooieGeneris
Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 12, 2018, 12:56:35 pm
He is no longer visiting Arkansas..

That's what I was afraid of when I saw that. He only has 2 visits left since he already visited TCU, Mizzou and now TN. I was hoping maybe he would cancel the trip to MSU on the 19th and come here then.

We got in the game too late, 'Bama can do that and still get a visit..

That would also explain a couple of new names at CB: Shamaur McDowell of IMG in FL and Taiyon Palmer of GA. Another kid, Tony St. Julien of LA is taking a visit on Feb 2 according to 24/7. I'm not sure what position he is being considered for, he was a RB in HS, CB maybe?

https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-St-Julien-46038650

An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 12, 2018, 02:45:22 pm
That's what I was afraid of when I saw that. He only has 2 visits left since he already visited TCU, Mizzou and now TN. I was hoping maybe he would cancel the trip to MSU on the 19th and come here then.

We got in the game too late, 'Bama can do that and still get a visit..

That would also explain a couple of new names at CB: Shamaur McDowell of IMG in FL and Taiyon Palmer of GA. Another kid, Tony St. Julien of LA is taking a visit on Feb 2 according to 24/7. I'm not sure what position he is being considered for, he was a RB in HS, CB maybe?

https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-St-Julien-46038650

St.Julien is a RB.

Snout team

He will end up at Mizzou.  Bama is just jerking his chain and filling someone else's visit.  I would be shocked if he ends up at Bama.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

jackflash

mizzouman

Bama, MSST, Tenner and Mizzou his final 4. Really likes Tenner.