Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Walton

Started by Lady Razorback, January 04, 2018, 09:09:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Razorback

Watching Arizona/Utah basketball game and Bill Walton is announcing.  He was just talking about the potato famine in Ireland.  I pray we do not get him again.  He is now arguing with the other announcer. 

beachhog

Can you imagine Walton and Vitale in the same game?

Lady Razorback

Quote from: beachhog on January 04, 2018, 09:12:21 pm

Oh wow, that would be unwatchable.  I will have bad dreams about that tonight. 

Wild Bill Hog

They might both stroke out.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 05, 2018, 12:45:56 am
They might both stroke out.

Vitale would stroke out. Walton would stoke out.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Walton was once again awesome last night. My favorite was Walton: " Steve, you ever call a game with Justin Bieber " Steve: " No, he's a singer not an announcer "
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

I can't tell if ESPN encourages Walton's behavior for entertainment/exposure purposes (here we are talking about it once again) or if he truly is that annoying. Hell I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead but surely don't care to hear Walton rant about them in the middle of a basketball game. 

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 05, 2018, 08:33:17 am
I can't tell if ESPN encourages Walton's behavior for entertainment/exposure purposes (here we are talking about it once again) or if he truly is that annoying. Hell I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead but surely don't care to hear Walton rant about them in the middle of a basketball game. 

For a while I thought it was an act, but his comments are too random to be anything but genuine improv.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bkjbearcat

I remember when Walton was a good NBA color man. Now watching him I just wonder what happened? I guess being semi retired and never doing a game east of Colorado can do that.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogsanity

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 05, 2018, 08:42:20 am
I remember when Walton was a good NBA color man. Now watching him I just wonder what happened? I guess being semi retired and never doing a game east of Colorado can do that.

Or, perhaps he knows that he could sound like every other analyst or he could do what he does.  Or maybe he is permanently toasted.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 05, 2018, 08:36:06 am
For a while I thought it was an act, but his comments are too random to be anything but genuine improv.

Yeah, I agree.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 05, 2018, 08:42:20 am

He's simply jumped the shark.  It happens.  He's gone from being a decent color man with an interesting perspective to Bill Walton, Hippie-Dippie Hoops Guy.

Smalltownhog95

Good Lord hogville would crash so hard it woukd cease to exist.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!