Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC road wins

Started by razorpimp, January 04, 2018, 03:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorpimp

I've seen many on here say we will end up 5-4 or 4-5 on the road this year....where in the world will these come from if we can't win at MSU.....

@msu - L
@ auburn
@florida
@geogia
@a&m
@lsu
@miss
@bama
@missou

I just see only 1 or 2 wins, if we played A&M now it would be another win.....

BannerMountainMan

If the officiating is normal and we both have the same foul counts then I see 3-4 wins, and 8 wins at home which is 11-7 or 12-6, 11-7 would be good and and 12-6 would be top 3 in the SEC
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Randohoggie

Quote from: razorpimp on January 04, 2018, 03:55:59 pm
I've seen many on here say we will end up 5-4 or 4-5 on the road this year....where in the world will these come from if we can't win at MSU.....

@msu - L
@ auburn
@florida
@geogia
@a&m
@lsu
@miss
@bama
@missou

It's one game, one match up.  Games are match ups.   

Razorod

Based on what I've seen so far, to get to four or more road wins, Hogs need to beat AU. If we drop the game this Saturday, hard to see more than three road wins.

A&M should be close to full strength by the time we go there, Bama and UF will be tough in their place.

That leaves UGA, LSU, OM, and Mizzou. Odds of winning all four are not good. Could take three of four.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

razorhead94

Quote from: razorpimp on January 04, 2018, 03:55:59 pm

@msu - L
@ auburn
@florida
@geogia
@a&m
@lsu
@miss
@bama
@missou

Warren Nolan...which historically has some of the best projection models has us winning 4 away games

@Georgia
@LSU
@Ole Miss
@Alabama

Losses at:
Auburn
Florida
Texas A&M
Missouri

I think that is a very reasonable prediction based on the whole body of work.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Atlhogfan1

I had us at 5 BEFORE the MSU game.  Not going to panic after one loss where we didn't play particularly well especially Barford, closed horribly and went 5-12 from the line.  I thought a split this week would leave us in fine shape to win the SEC. 

If A&M gets everyone back, I would guess in difficulty it would go something like this from least likely to win to most likely:

Florida
A&M
Mizzou
Bama
AU
UGa
LSU
Ole Miss

I'm giving respect to Mizzou and Bama because of when those games are.  Two of the last 3 of the season and both may be in a position where they need wins for the NCAAT.  Porter may be back as well.  But we may have some good momentum going into those having just played A&M and UK at home. 

Season has a long way to go. Mike usually doesn't work his rotations out for a few more weeks.  Some of our success may depend on how worn down Barford, Macon and Gafford get playing over 30 mpg carrying the load.  It's too early for me to go from thinking 5 road wins to gloom and doom even though we let a very winnable one slip by. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgsPolo

How many did you see last season around this time??
Go Cubs Go!!!!!