ShadowHawg

Quote from: razorpimp on January 04, 2018, 11:52:44 am
Against Auburn....

Arkansas shoots too many jump shots
Auburn attacks and gets fouled a ton
Hogs lose
Joe gets on here complaining about the refs sucking

Auburn 84 - Hogs 74

Barford was off against State. I wouldn't count on that very often. If he hits two more shots we would have won.

hog golf

sadly I see it playing out much like you state. that explains the free throw discrepancy- hogs shoot jumpers, other team drives the lane. this scenario will play out many times this year. maybe not to the 40-12 tune, but certainly will favor the other (good) teams all year long and into the NCAA tourney where the hogs win first round matchup simply on their athleticism and get pushed hard in round 2- losing a close one.

maybe i'm wrong but we have seen this movie a bunch of times.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

alohawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 04, 2018, 12:07:06 pm
Barford was off against State. I wouldn't count on that very often. If he hits two more shots we would have won.

If Mike left Gafford in longer.
If Mike doesn't switch to zone D.
If Mike utilizes the press more.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PygmalionEffect2

Mississippi State was very aggressive driving the lane and just seemed to have better athletes but not better basketball players.

But when your athleticism is getting you a rebound over two opponents with position, and you're getting every lose ball, and when your forwards jump, their feet leave the ground,

athleticism can make up for not being a great basketball player.

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

lynbug

I think it's reasonable to expect a lot of the same depending on our opponent.  Did anyone see LSU come a few inches short of sending KY into OT last night?  Several years ago (didn't research this....just depending on memory....the Big Twelve teams entered tournament time with anywhere from 3-7-8 conference losses, and a big chunk of them made the dance.  That's how evenly balanced their conference was that year.  I think this year will be similar in the SEC.

lstewart

I think we are going to have a tough year on the road, mainly due to our poor free throw shooting. I think we will have bunch of close games this year in SEC play, and lose most of them on the road. I'm thinking a 10-8 or maybe 11-7 SEC record, maybe an 8 seed in the NCAA's, and probably win one round there.

hogsanity

Quote from: lynbug on January 04, 2018, 01:18:08 pm
I think it's reasonable to expect a lot of the same depending on our opponent.  Did anyone see LSU come a few inches short of sending KY into OT last night?  Several years ago (didn't research this....just depending on memory....the Big Twelve teams entered tournament time with anywhere from 3-7-8 conference losses, and a big chunk of them made the dance.  That's how evenly balanced their conference was that year.  I think this year will be similar in the SEC.

And amazingly KY got whistled for more fouls, at home, than LSU. think the foul count was 14-10. Only 22 Ft's total in the game. Ky was 7-13 and LSU was 7-9.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3of5-2

Against Auburn....

Hogs lose

Auburn 84 - Hogs 74
I agree with everything except i think the Hogs come away a victory.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 04, 2018, 12:56:41 pm
Mississippi State was very aggressive driving the lane and just seemed to have better athletes but not better basketball players.

But when your athleticism is getting you a rebound over two opponents with position, and you're getting every lose ball, and when your forwards jump, their feet leave the ground,

athleticism can make up for not being a great basketball player.
Ms St wasn't more athletic and those rebounds came from long rebounds off of missed 3's. I also disagree they were more aggressive on drives because they shot the 3 just as much as we did. I never complain about refs but I don't think that we got any calls.

Paul

half court defense & half court offensive execution wins close games

beachhog

Against Auburn....

Hogs lose

Auburn 84 - Hogs 74
I agree with the first point - but I think these guards get rollin' and we win.

bigred223

MaconBacon

I expect MA's head has been boiling a bit this week.  I see the guys coming out on a mission and very aggressive AND  possible foul trouble early.  As long as we are on with shooting, we win this one by 8 or 10.

Lanny

Arkansas doesn't guard the 3 point shot
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jbigs77

Quote from: Lanny on January 05, 2018, 07:30:55 pm
Yea this has been one of my gripes. Also letting them drive the baseline, while trapping in the back court. Teams today, can handle the ball better the in the 90s.

hawgdavis

We still play down to the competition at times. I kept saying if we would just put 4 solid possessions together in the second half against MSU we would win by 10 . We clearly had a better team just played down. Don't understand why it happens. It seems to happen 2-3 times a year. I do think we will be fine though.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Lanny on January 05, 2018, 07:30:55 pm

Man, with all we don't do and all the mistakes Mike makes, it's amazing that we win at all... we have got to be the luckiest team in the NCAA and Mike definitely has a golden horseshoe up his A$$... just amazing...