Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Wally take a shot at Long's self inscribed integrity?

Started by Con el Cerdos, January 04, 2018, 11:42:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 02:40:51 pm
After finishing 4-8 this past season, Bret would have had to have won more than 8 games this year to keep from being fired anyway. 8 or less wins in his 6th year at Arkansas would have been totally unacceptable.

Which is why I said he could have been fired next year and saved a boatload of cash. 8 wins and a bowl would have NOT ended Razorback football. We would have been in a much better position. But Gus wanted to come back home!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:43:35 pm
Which is why I said he could have been fired next year and saved a boatload of cash. 8 wins and a bowl would have NOT ended Razorback football. We would have been in a much better position. But Gus wanted to come back home!

The only way Bert could find 8 wins would be if someone wrote it on a buffet plate.

GuvHog

Actually the U of A football program is in a much better situation now than it would be if Bret had been given another year. Chad Morris inherits a program with 73 players returning with 16 of them being starters so he won't have to rebuild the program.

For the record, I do not want Gus Malzahn anywhere near the U of A Football Program..
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 02:48:03 pm
The only way Bert could find 8 wins would be if someone wrote it on a buffet plate.
Because he's never won 8 games before?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogsanity

actually it was just the idiots who worship Gus really thought he wanted to come back home, so they were willing to pay BB his 15mil, Long his whatever mil, AND pay Gus like 40Mil.

Those people have more $ than brains apparently.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 02:49:03 pm
Actually the U of A football program is in a much better situation now than it would be if Bret had been given another year. Chad Morris inherits a program with 73 players returning with 16 of them being starters so he won't have to rebuild the program.

For the record, I wanted no part of Gus Malzahn.
What happens if CCM only wins 5 games next year?

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:50:32 pm

It's his first year so no one would be shocked if that happens.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on January 04, 2018, 02:41:32 pm
This idiotic crap about wasting buyouts show how stupid some people are.

Fact, Long's unprecedented continually rolling over contract with a buyout that guaranteed the remainder of his salary under contract meant that his buyout would NEVER diminish.

Fact, if we go by the personal services contract prepared by the Foundation for Bert's buyout, then his buyout only went down to $12.8 million this year and for several years thereafter. 

Gearhart signed off on Long's contract, he didn't get to write them for himself. You need to read the personal services contract for Bielema again. It was for $11.7m in 2018,  $7.9m in 2019, and $4m in 2020. Basically, a smidgen less than his contract salary for each year.

hogsanity

For the record, I do not want Gus Malzahn anywhere near the U of A Football Program..

73 players returning from a team that was literally 2 plays away from being 2-10. Pardon me if I am not optimistic that those players, having to learn a new scheme on offense, and likely on defense too, are going to do more than maybe get to 6-6. They do have a more favorable schedule, which will help.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 02:49:39 pm
Because he's never won 8 games before?

1 time in 6 years.  He's also lost at least 8 games twice as many times as he's won 8.

Wild Bill Hog

Given the dumpster fire Bert left him, it wouldn't be surprising perhaps.  One thing for sure, if Morris wins 5 then Bert would have been lucky to win 3.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 02:53:58 pm
73 players returning from a team that was literally 2 plays away from being 2-10. Pardon me if I am not optimistic that those players, having to learn a new scheme on offense, and likely on defense too, are going to do more than maybe get to 6-6. They do have a more favorable schedule, which will help.

Those offensive players were running the spread in High School so switching to it won't be that big of an issue. I will be interested in seeing what Chavis does with the defense though. The majority of the problems last year were caused by poor coaching, not lack of talent.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 02:59:22 pm
Those offensive players were running the spread in High School so switching to it won't be that big of an issue. I will be interested in seeing what Chavis does with the defense though. The majority of the problems last year were caused by poor coaching, not lack of talent.

Umm, either you are saying that the HS spreads they were in were as complex as what CM runs or you are saying he runs a simplistic HS offense. Either way, they were not running it against SE defenses.

seasonhog

If he only wins 5 games next season........then we hired the wrong coach.

rhames

This thread makes me laugh

The same people who can't stop talking about Nutt or Petrino will add Long and Bielema to the list of pointless discussions.

These people are gone. Lets move on with our lives!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HawgWild

Actually the U of A football program is in a much better situation now than it would be if Bret had been given another year. Chad Morris inherits a program with 73 players returning with 16 of them being starters so he won't have to rebuild the program

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 02:51:47 pm
It's his first year so no one would be shocked if that happens.

My head is spinning.  ;D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 02:59:22 pm

Nice of you to know what each player we have was running in high school.....no wait you don't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rhames

Quote from: HawgWild on January 04, 2018, 03:05:58 pm
My head is spinning.  ;D

Guv will do that.  And be the first person on here next season saying we need to fire Morris and the AD and go on about how he once knew a bot member. And Petrino didn't need to be fired and so on and so forth.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hogsanity

Quote from: rhames on January 04, 2018, 03:05:48 pm

The same people who can't stop talking about Nutt or Petrino will add Long and Bielema to the list of pointless discussions.

They will be talking about those people until they can not post or talk anymore. It is what still gets responses.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 03:01:45 pm
Umm, either you are saying that the HS spreads they were in were as complex as what CM runs or you are saying he runs a simplistic HS offense. Either way, they were not running it against SE defenses.

Say what you want but late in the season when Bret finally let Enos go to the hurry up offense, the improvement was very noticeable. Cole Kelly looked much better running the no huddle than he did running Bret's antiquated Big 10 offense.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rhames on January 04, 2018, 03:05:48 pm

Agreed on moving on. Contracts were signed and the UofA is living up to it's responsibility of said contracts. The important people knew what the cost would be and they decided they could live with it, why can't fans?

rhames

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 03:09:57 pm
They will be talking about those people until they can not post or talk anymore. It is what still gets responses.

Fair. I would be lying if I didn't get a kick out of all of it 

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 03:12:04 pm
Say what you want but late in the season when Bret finally let Enos go to the hurry up offense, the improvement was very noticeable. Cole Kelly looked much better running the no huddle than he did running Bret's antiquated Big 10 offense.

Could that have had to do with the opponents? Mizzu was terrible on defense all season, and MSU held the Hogs to 21, LSu held them to even fewer so I am not sure where this looked better is you are talking about.

rhames

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 04, 2018, 03:13:03 pm
Agreed on moving on. Contracts were signed and the UofA is living up to it's responsibility of said contracts. The important people knew what the cost would be and they decided they could live with it, why can't fans?

Exactly. Were the contracts dumb? Sure.

The people responsible are gone and my life hasn't been impacted either way other than I'm excited about football again.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: rhames on January 04, 2018, 03:13:43 pm

Fair. I would be lying if I didn't get a kick out of all of it 

LOL.  Problem is nothing is going on FB wise, Hoops took it on the chin the other night, Baseball is still too far away, and it's too dang cold to go outside.

rhames

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 03:19:22 pm
LOL.  Problem is nothing is going on FB wise, Hoops took it on the chin the other night, Baseball is still too far away, and it's too dang cold to go outside.

I just love when posters say "from my understanding of the situation"

AKA what I read on hogville

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 03:14:22 pm
Could that have had to do with the opponents? Mizzu was terrible on defense all season, and MSU held the Hogs to 21, LSu held them to even fewer so I am not sure where this looked better is you are talking about.

They didn't run the hurry up against LSU or Mizzou. They ran it a bit while Kelly was the starter at QB.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 02:53:19 pm
Gearhart signed off on Long's contract, he didn't get to write them for himself. You need to read the personal services contract for Bielema again. It was for $11.7m in 2018,  $7.9m in 2019, and $4m in 2020. Basically, a smidgen less than his contract salary for each year.

Oh, I'm well aware that pretty much as his last act after himself having been forced out, Gearhart gave Long that unprecedented contract.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 04, 2018, 02:36:05 pm
Here we go. You love you some Long don't you. LMAO..
I like the truth.  And Irwin lied through his teeth about misdeeds concerning the stadium construction and the bonds.  And even if there were issues with the construction and/or the bonds every member of the BOT voted for it, except Bumpers.  And now he again throwing out these shaded accusations of wrongdoing that he has no basis for.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 04, 2018, 04:02:03 pm
I like the truth.  And Irwin lied through his teeth about misdeeds concerning the stadium construction and the bonds.  And even if there were issues with the construction and/or the bonds every member of the BOT voted for it, except Bumpers.  And now he again throwing out these shaded accusations of wrongdoing that he has no basis for.

Bumpers is deceased. I'd say he abstained, at best.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Boog41

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 04, 2018, 04:02:03 pm

Where did Mike Irwin mention anything about the construction and/or bonds? I'm not seeing it, at least not in this thread.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Boog41 on January 04, 2018, 04:17:28 pm
Where did Mike Irwin mention anything about the construction and/or bonds? I'm not seeing it, at least not in this thread.

Didn't Mike mention something on Bo's show one day that wasn't accurate regarding the bond issue?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: Boog41 on January 04, 2018, 04:17:28 pm

Previous thread, weeks ago. I think he is just taking a shot at the "doesn't run with anything until it's verified" comments from above.

Boog41

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 04:19:50 pm
Previous thread, weeks ago. I think he is just taking a shot at the "doesn't run with anything until it's verified" comments from above.

Ah, thanks.... didn't understand what I was missing.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 02:53:58 pm

Aren't you a stars guy?  We have more 4-stars on this roster than I can ever remember.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Boog41

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgon on January 04, 2018, 03:40:14 pm
Oh, I'm well aware that pretty much as his last act after himself having been forced out, Gearhart gave Long that unprecedented contract.

IIRC Gerhart was not forced out. He was mentioned in the issue with a budget shortfall in a department but not implicated. White may have been "forced out" so to speak but I can't remember. I know he is still at the UA.

Inhogswetrust

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 04:44:32 pm

IIRC Gerhart was not forced out. He was mentioned in the issue with a budget shortfall in a department but not implicated. White may have been "forced out" so to speak but I can't remember. I know he is still at the UA.

No, Gerhart wasn't forced out. He saw the writing on the wall and resigned before it came to that.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgon on January 04, 2018, 01:00:00 pm
Inwas going to say something like this.  I don’t know all the details as to exactly why, but it was pretty much accepted that Long got Dicus pushed out at the Foundation and replaced with one of his guys.  To believe that Long had nothing to do with the contract at the Foundation is extremely naive.

Of course it would be naïve.  It would also be foolish.  There is no way the Razorback Foundation is negotiating its own separate contract and paying a coach without the university and the athletic director being aware of the terms.  That would make about as much sense at the Foundation hiring and firing Razorback coaches on its own.

The whole situation is a ruse.  These types of organizations exist for the sole purpose of skirting state and federal laws.  They are attempts to avoid audits, FOI requests, competitive bid requirements, state laws regarding salaries, etc.  "We didn't do it, the XYZ Foundation did."

Try buying good tickets or getting a parking pass through the university without a contribution to the Razorback Foundation.  You will be reminded that you need to answer the call.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 05:06:04 pm
No, Gerhart wasn't forced out. He saw the writing on the wall and resigned before it came to that.

Guv if there is one thing we all can give you credit for it's your tenacity...............................or is it temerity. Maybe both.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 05:50:28 pm
Guv if there is one thing we all can give you credit for it's your tenacity...............................or is it temerity. Maybe both.

I think both.  Dude can hang in better than most anyone else.  Anyway, I enjoy his posts.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 05:53:08 pm
I think both.  Dude can hang in better than most anyone else.  Anyway, I enjoy his posts.

I love his posts. They would make a great show on the Comedy channel!

Ex-Trumpet

Guv has a yuge roll in what makes Hogville Hogville!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2018, 12:13:24 pm
I'd also like to know how often a guarantor guarantees more than the original contract.
So, Ponderin (or anyone), with the "super secret" agreement that was found, has Bielema's buyout gone up to $15.4M and not the $11.8M or whatever was reported at first?   Heck, at one point, it was thought that the buyout would be $5.9M but that has shown to be wrong.  Is it now back to $15.4M?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 04, 2018, 06:16:34 pm
So, Ponderin (or anyone), with the "super secret" agreement that was found, has Bielema's buyout gone up to $15.4M and not the $11.8M or whatever was reported at first?   Heck, at one point, it was thought that the buyout would be $5.9M but that has shown to be wrong.  Is it now back to $15.4M?

Lol, we many never know!!  If the buyout is routed through the RF then it can remain unknown with a nondisclosure statute attached.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 04, 2018, 06:18:31 pm
Lol, we many never know!!  If the buyout is routed through the RF then it can remain unknown with a nondisclosure statute attached.
Good point.  Suffice it to say BB will be getting a nice chunk of change for the next 5 years one way or the other.

Tim Harris

January 04, 2018, 06:30:54 pm #149 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:43:49 am by Tim Harris
I find it humorous how many people think Long alone could make that type of financial commitment. There are several people who have to sign off on contracts.