Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else excited watching...

Started by ChopSooie, January 01, 2018, 05:41:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 04, 2018, 07:48:44 am
It was interesting seeing Auburn look slow compared to UCF. UCF seemed faster on both sides of the ball. With a bunch of 2's and 3's faster then Auburns 4's and 5's. Don't tell me this conference can't be had. BB seemed like he didn't believe in speed. CM speed is the name of the game. Should be interesting to see who we can recruit in the following years.
this exactly. the rpo is unstoppable.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hogsanity, seeing those posters for me will be better than having the TV scan the sideline and seeing our team looking like a little sisters of the poor group, down 3 TDs and a HC peering off into the sunset with a bewildered frown on his face.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 01:13:38 pm

really, the rpo is unstoppable? Auburn got stopped 4 times, Clemson, Ga, LSu and UCF
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 01:13:38 pm

Tell that to Clemson. They didn't know that or else they would have best Bama with it. Oh wait...
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hogsanity

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 04, 2018, 02:30:49 pm
Tell that to Clemson. They didn't know that or else they would have best Bama with it. Oh wait...

If the defense has better players than your offense then no offense is unstoppable.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Making statements like the RPO is unstoppable is immature at best.  We have an entire team of college players that haven't been in a RPO for at least a year and some 4 years if ever.  These players, I suspect, haven't been conditioned correctly, given a mental approach to win games, likely most haven't played in a real formation that gives them the best chance to be successful since coming to college.  We have a recipe for disaster.  I am not sure we have a QB, period, that can properly operate the Chad Morris offense.  I am not sure we have a group of RBs that know and understand all the things they need to do to.  Its no longer just take the ball and run into the line and get clobbered, or make a halfhearted attempt to stop the DE from running right past you to kill the QB.  We got a group of players who haven't been exposed to what is about to happen.  Will they put up with the pain and suffering long enough to finally get to the point of having more points on the board at the end of the game than the competition. I hope so but I don't expect it to be easy.

Things that will help this team is getting ahead in the OOC games enough to put in subs for quality time and expect them to actually go play and not just run down the clock.  Damn, getting n a real game would be fun.  Demand desire from these players and I hope they respond in kind. 

Its going to be fun watching this.  We will laugh, cry, bitch and moan.  Being an armchair QB next season should be real fun.  We are going to watch effort win games and watch that same effort get us into crap storms.  Playing on the edge can and will blow up on occasion.  But at least we will see effort, energy and desire, I believe.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2018, 02:47:52 pm
If the defense has better players than your offense then no offense is unstoppable.

Wrong. According to Hogville all you need is a dual-threat QB and you'll never lose a game.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.