Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Gus ....

Started by Rod6275, January 01, 2018, 03:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

HAWG MAFIA

rhog1

4 straight years with 4 losses, all with top 10 recruiting classes. He is totally worth 7 million. lol So glad he isn't here.

lamont7906

No keep Gus at Auburn, we get a smart DC we can count that as a win. His offenses don't do one thing well without the gimmicks. If his gimmicks not working he cannot fall back to a bread and butter rather it's just straight man on man running or passing and try to win.

Snout team

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 01, 2018, 03:53:18 pm
No keep Gus at Auburn, we get a smart DC we can count that as a win. His offenses don't do one thing well without the gimmicks. If his gimmicks not working he cannot fall back to a bread and butter rather it's just straight man on man running or passing and try to win.

The thing that amazes me is the announcers pointed out the "tell" of the spacing on offense.  UCF knew it and blew up the backfield all week because of it.

I would have expected that out of CBB.  I thought Gus was smarter than that.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Ragnar Hogbrok

But, he's an elite coach...
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

runich

Cue 100% of Barn fans wanting him fired - 30 minutes ago ... lol

rhog1

Some of my favorite quotes from the Auburn forum. It seems they have the buyers remorse.

"Gus is what he is.. a mediocre coach who comes around and does something good every 4 years like the Olympics just in time not to get fired, then goes back into trash mode.

We overpaid. Plain and simple."

"-4. Beat your rivals but still four losses. Got beat twice in Atlanta. Offensive line and defensive line got pushed around by Central Florida. And Scott Frost is going places, we're stuck with Gus.  Pathetic.  "

"Pathetic disgusting freaking joke of a coaching staff. It's still worth firing all of them. Has Gus signed the new contract yet?  If so he owes us atleast 5 mil a year back. Man it is going to suck not enjoying AU football for the next 5-10 years. I'm officially pulling for 0-12 next year so everyone gets fired and MAYBE we get a real coach for once. "

hoghappy

Hahahaha, glad we didn't get him and made Auburn pay to keep him.

KlubhouseKonnected

Gus has always been butt
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.