Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would the concession stand serve if we were playing today?

Started by twistitup, January 01, 2018, 11:12:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Just curious what Levy would pull out of the hat if we were playing today in this brutal cold.

Large cups of hot choc and coffee always available? Hot Tea?

Hot Philly? Steaming Frito Pie? Tantalizing bowls of Chili?

Black Eye Peas?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2018, 11:13:11 am
Ice cream!

but out of coffee....whoever ordered accidentally hit the key for 1,000 cs. of coffee flavored ice cream instead of ground coffee.

Oooops - sorry folks. But, we do have hot water and lipton tea bags available.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 11:16:10 am
but out of coffee....whoever ordered accidentally hit the key for 1,000 cs. of coffee flavored ice cream instead of ground coffee.

Oooops - sorry folks. But, we do have hot water and lipton tea bags available.

Well, that's nice, and crumpets?

PonderinHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 11:12:33 am
Just curious what Levy would pull out of the hat if we were playing today in this brutal cold.

You are kinda into this concession stand stuff. That's 3 or 4 posts now by you that have involved this discussion. I'll play along, but in a different way.

I said in another thread today that I felt like the University needed to conduct a public survey of what those Hog fans that attend games in any sport, want to see served at the concession stands.

Now that Long is gone it might be a good time for the University to not focus on which suppliers are going to pay the most to be on the menu, but instead focus on that which fans want to have in their concession stands. The people who buy tickets and attend games are the Customers of the University and it might be high time that the University viewed it from that perspective. Who knows, maybe sales would increase if people actually had things in the concessions that they really wanted to purchase?

And for goodness sakes, they know how much they need to get through 4 quarters of a game, make sure you have enough to get through 4 quarters.

Asking folks what they want to have in a public survey, studying those results and then supplying enough of that to get through games, might be a great way of mending fences with the fan base as we start over with a new coaching staff and a new AD.

Maybe you could lead the charge on this? Not on Hogville, but in a public poll? You might be just the guy for that job. Seriously, I mean it.

JMO
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2018, 11:20:04 am
Well, that's nice, and crumpets?

nope - you get biscuits (tough, day old sent down from the dining hall) - they call them scones at the concession stand - 2.00 each.

k.c.hawg

At Arrowhead it is a Large Hot Chocolate add $4 for Peppermint Schnapps. Large coffee add $4 for Rum Chada. Cold days also call for a heavy Fireball presence.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 11:26:21 am
nope - you get biscuits (tough, day old sent down from the dining hall) - they call them scones at the concession stand - 2.00 each.

That, and no Earl Grey tea is inexcusable, hopefully Jerry sends his concessionaire up to the Hill along with the AD and HC.

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 11:24:12 am
You are kinda into this concession stand stuff. That's 3 or 4 posts now by you that have involved this discussion. I'll play along, but in a different way.

I said in another thread today that I felt like the University needed to conduct a public survey of what those Hog fans that attend games in any sport, want to see served at the concession stands.

Now that Long is gone it might be a good time for the University to not focus on which suppliers are going to pay the most to be on the menu, but instead focus on that which fans want to have in their concession stands. The people who buy tickets and attend games are the Customers of the University and it might be high time that the University viewed it from that perspective. Who knows, maybe sales would increase if people actually had things in the concessions that they really wanted to purchase?

And for goodness sakes, they know how much they need to get through 4 quarters of a game, make sure you have enough to get through 4 quarters.

Asking folks what they want to have in a public survey, studying those results and then supplying enough of that to get through games, might be a great way of mending fences with the fan base as we start over with a new coaching staff and a new AD.

Maybe you could lead the charge on this? Not on Hogville, but in a public poll? You might be just the guy for that job. Seriously, I mean it.

JMO

That's my kind of post right there M. We, the customer, deserve more respect when it comes to concessions. Don't go high end on coaches and stadium but low end on concessions - it's all about the gameday experience in all sports...concessions either add to or detract from the overall experience.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 11:30:41 am
That's my kind of post right there M. We, the customer, deserve more respect when it comes to concessions. Don't go high end on coaches and stadium but low end on concessions - it's all about the gameday experience in all sports...concessions either add to or detract from the experience.

Well get the poll started and make sure it is as scientific in nature as possible so that the results cannot be debunked.

While you are it, ask Fans if they would like to have Chik-fil-A in their concession stands. Who doesn't like that?
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 11:36:38 am
Well get the poll started and make sure it is as scientific in nature as possible so that the results cannot be debunked.

While you are it, ask Fans if they would like to have Chik-fil-A in their concession stands. Who doesn't like that?

Poll is needed.

Agreed on Chick Fil A....hopefully they develop a partnership and add it to the new menu - it's liked by most everybody it seems. Even their pickles taste better for some reason, crazy.

Jerry might need to step in and help on this one.

ShadowTheHedgehog

LOL you are obsessed with concession bro. :)

twistitup

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 01, 2018, 11:42:36 am
LOL you are obsessed with concession bro. :)

It's a passion...obsession is such a strong word

A shared passion for the Razorbacks and an improved concessions experience. Why should a fan have to leave and get quality grub after a game?

Have quality options AT the game.

Lanlord

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 11:49:58 am

A shared passion for the Razorbacks and an improved concessions experience. Why should a fan have to leave and get quality grub after a game?

Have "enough" quality options to get through a game. Who runs out of coffee on a cold day at halftime? I've seen that happen. Or, "I'm sorry, we are out of hot dogs, how about some Nacho's with cheese that tastes like it has been baking off for 8 hours?".

I want to win more games like everyone else but it would also be great if we could be known as having the best concessions and best band in the SEC as well. Let's just go quality at everything that we do.
Go Hogs Go!

pigbacon

Smoked turkey legs, fried Twinkies and Mellow Yellows. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 12:03:38 pm
Have "enough" quality options to get through a game. Who runs out of coffee on a cold day at halftime? I've seen that happen. Or, "I'm sorry, we are out of hot dogs, how about some Nacho's with cheese that tastes like it has been baking off for 8 hours?".

I want to win more games like everyone else but it would also be great if we could be known as having the best concessions and best band in the SEC as well. Let's just go quality at everything that we do.

Agreed. We may not be National Champions...but we could have champion level concessions and the best band. Those are obtainable. Winning at high level is possible some of the time....good food / atmosphere is possible all of the time.

Porkys Revenge

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 12:08:37 pm
Agreed. We may not be National Champions...but we could have champion level concessions and the best band. Those are obtainable. Winning at high level is possible some of the time....good food / atmosphere is possible all of the time.

Wouldn't it be kinda unique if the food was good enough that some people wanted to stop at the end of the game on their way out of stadium to buy some of the things we sell to take it back to their tailgate while they wait for traffic to die down? Of course I'm sure that would clog the flow of people out of the stadium so the administration might not want that. I don't think I have ever seen concessions open at the end of a game, let alone anyone wanting to purchase any of that food to go back to their tailgate.
Go Hogs Go!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Agreed, but, for some reason everything tastes better at the game. There is no way any of my kids would ever eat those nachos if we made them at home :)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 01, 2018, 12:23:25 pm
Agreed, but, for some reason everything tastes better at the game. There is no way any of my kids would ever eat those nachos if we made them at home :)

But wouldn't it be nice if the food was good enough that they did want it? I have to agree with twistitup, there isn't any reason that we can't get this done. It is just a matter of deciding to do it.
Go Hogs Go!

rtr

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 12:28:22 pm
But wouldn't it be nice if the food was good enough that they did want it? I have to agree with twistitup, there isn't any reason that we can't get this done. It is just a matter of deciding to do it.
Truth
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jmark

make the experience more fun.  Have Hooters girls as stadium drink and popcorn vendors.

WPS!
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

twistitup

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on January 01, 2018, 12:20:10 pm
Hot Chocolate Soldier w marshmallows

I would try it. Served warm in the sam bottle with an empty cup 1/4 filled w marshmallows (just keep it in a warming cabinet, great little glass bottles). They pour it in front of you like a true tender of the concession stand

...or you can pour it yourself

Pig Worshipper

Well, if we were playing today, we wouldn't be in Fayetteville, we'd be at a bowl game, which means Bielema would still be our head coach. Peanut butter and jelly, anyone?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jmark on January 01, 2018, 12:50:21 pm
make the experience more fun.  Have Hooters girls as stadium drink and popcorn vendors.

WPS!

That's another way to do it but this is supposed to be a family friendly experience so that might be stretching the bounds of that which is acceptable.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 12:50:21 pm
I would try it. Served warm in the sam bottle with an empty cup 1/4 filled w marshmallows (just keep it in a warming cabinet, great little glass bottles). They pour it in front of you like a true tender of the concession stand

...or you can pour it yourself

Sorry, no glass containers allowed in the general stadium areas. You are just asking for potential trouble with glass receptacles.
Go Hogs Go!

JS22

I agree with quality options at the game, but there is just something about stopping at the Catfish Hole for dinner on the way home (if it's an early enough game).

jmark

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 12:55:43 pm
That's another way to do it but this is supposed to be a family friendly experience so that might be stretching the bounds of that which is acceptable.

well, maybe only in the student section, ...
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

twistitup

Quote from: JS22 on January 01, 2018, 01:01:58 pm
I agree with quality options at the game, but there is just something about stopping at the Catfish Hole for dinner on the way home (if it's an early enough game).

I completely understand. For me...the Catfish Hole doesn't serve beer, I like beer (just one or two). It's good fish....but I like a cold brew w salty, fried food.

...maybe 3 if we win a big game.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on January 01, 2018, 01:08:35 pm
I completely understand. For me...the Catfish Hole doesn't serve beer, I like beer (just one or two). It's good fish....but I like a cold brew w salty, fried food.

...maybe 3 if we win a big game.

You need to be the person that conducts this Arkansas-wide poll. You could become a legend. The person who changed the quality of food served at Arkansas Athletic events.
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 12:57:29 pm
Sorry, no glass containers allowed in the general stadium areas. You are just asking for potential trouble with glass receptacles.

True. Choc Soldier might bottle plastic for us - I mean, we are The UofA - or...we will have to go w regular hot chocolate w marshmallows and call it the Razorback Soldier.

Us fans, we are all soldiers for showing up to support this shiite they have called football for the past several years - but, change gonna come.

Go Hogs

rljjr

Black Eye Peas?

If they had anything hot they'd run out before the half.

Torqued pork

What taste good and can be eaten while you're cheering your @$$ off without the fan in front of you getting your game day experience on their back?

theFlyingHog

We need Bloody marys. Bloody marys so good people would come to the game just for that

twistitup

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 01, 2018, 01:16:05 pm
What taste good and can be eaten while you're cheering your @$$ off without the fan in front of you getting your game day experience on their back?

Smoked Jalepeno & Cheddar Sausage on a stick

Boardon Hamsay

I figure a day like today would bring out the fresh owl salad at concession stands.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PonderinHog

tusksincolorado

January 01, 2018, 02:40:18 pm #42 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:51:19 pm by tusksincolorado
Grilled hot brat with peppers/onion and spicy mustard, or hot pastrami with grilled kraut on toasted rye,

with and ice cold Laughing Lab...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

pigbacon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2018, 12:55:43 pm

Who doesn't take their family to Hooters at least once a month? They give kids crayons and a coloring sheet and everything.

Should've built a Twin Peaks in the NEZ expansion. They could have put the bar in NW corner and restaurant in the NE corner.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: pigbacon on January 01, 2018, 02:43:40 pm
Who doesn’t take their family to Hooters at least once a month? They give kids crayons and a coloring sheet and everything.

Should’ve built a Twin Peaks in the NEZ expansion. They could have put the bar in NW corner and restaurant in the NE corner.

Hell's yeah!!! Or a Tilted Kilt!!!

pigbacon

tusksincolorado

Quote from: pigbacon on January 01, 2018, 02:54:29 pm
Or...a Tight Ends sports bar like the one in Plano,TX?

Heck at my age a Golden Corral is all my tinker can handle...during Senior Citizens Happy Hour!

PonderinHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 01, 2018, 03:11:16 pm
Heck at my age a Golden Corral is all my tinker can handle...during Senior Citizens Happy Hour!
If a hottie knocked on your door and offered you super sex, you'd take the soup ???

Torqued pork

Summer Sausage with crackers
Fried egg sammiches
Milk and cornbread

twistitup

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 01, 2018, 03:30:06 pm
Summer Sausage with crackers
Fried egg sammiches
Milk and cornbread

Not a damn thing wrong w that list.