Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs in the NFL

Started by bennyl08, December 31, 2017, 10:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

2017 regular season stats, bolded are players on teams going to the playoffs.

Brandon Allen: Seems to have spent the season on the actual roster for the Rams this year though never appeared in any games and was often if not always a healthy scratch, though given Mannion's start today, I'm guessing he was on the active roster this week.

Alex Collins: ravens,  212 carries, 973 yards, 4.6 ypc, 56td's, 2 fumbles, 2 lost. 23 receptions on 36 targets, 187 yards, 8.1 ypc,  0td's, 2 fumbles, 0 lost. 2 KO returns, total of 50 yards. Total of 1160 offensive yards, 6 td's, 4 fumbles, 2 lost on 235 total touches and 59 first downs gained.

Toby Baker: Cut by the Chargers in pre-season. To my knowledge, was not signed by anybody after.

Knile Davis: Same but by the Steelers.

AJ Derby: Played for Denver and Miami. In denver, 19 receptions off of 32 targets, 224 yards, 11.8 ypc, 76 YAC, 2 td's, 1 fumble, 1 lost. At Miami, he had 2 receptions off of 9 targets, for 20 yards and 1 KR for 11 yards. Total of 21 receptions, 40 targets (stats don't quite add up there), 244 yards 12.2 ypc, and 2 td's. He was still the leading receiver among the TE's for Denver, though with Jake Butt being drafted as early as he was, Derby was not likely to be the future of TE's in Denver.

Brooks Ellis: Waived pre-season by patriots, no signings to my knowledge.

Trey Flowers: Started and played in 14 games this season. 45 Solo tackles, 17 assisted, 6.5 sacks, 3 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles, and 3 non-sack TFL's. Leading sacker for NE.

Brett Goode: Made his presence felt this year at LS by missing several weeks with a hamstring injury. In his absence, the snaps on special teams were inconsistent. This was Goode's 10th season with the Packers.

Chris Gragg: Spent the season with the Jets but never appeared in any games. He hasn't appeared in any games since 2015.

Cobi Hamilton: Was signed to the Texan's practice squad in the pre-season and activated to the regular roster in late November. He appeared in the final 3 games of the season, where he had 1 rec, for 8 yards, and 5 targets.

Keon Hatcher: Still on Raiders practice squad

Hunter Henry: chargers, 45 receptions, 63 targets, 579 yards, 12.9 ypc, 4 td's, 32 first downs. Missed the last two games from a lacerated kidney resulting from a hit on him that drew a penalty.

Zach Hocker: Waived in preseason by TB, wasn't signed to my knowledge.

Cody Hollister: Still on Patriots practice squad

Sam Irwin-Hill: waived by dallas in preseason, not signed again to my knowledge

Cameron Jefferson: Waived by Bills, not signed again

Denver Kirkland: Didn't appear in any games for the Raiders after being carted off the field in the first preaseason game with a leg injury.

Jeremiah Ledbetter: lions, Appeared in all 16 games, 6 solo tackles, 8 assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks, and a blocked kick.

Mitchell Loewen: Appeared in first two games before suffering an injury that placed him on IR. He didn't record any statistics though, saints

Ryan Mallett: Appeared in two games backing up Flacco with the ravens, completing 9 of 16 pass attempts for 56 yards, 2 td's, and 0 int's. 0 sacks, 4 carries for -3 yards, and 1 fumble but 0 lost.

Darren McFadden: Appeared in only 1 game this year for the cowboys, getting a carry for -2 yards. Retired mid-season. Career stats of 1302 carries, 5421 yards, 4.2 ypc, 28 td's. 46 carries of 20+ yards, 11 of 40+ yards, and 17 fumbles. Completed 1 of 4 passing for 16 yards and a td, 254 receptions, 2114 yards, 8.3 ypc, 5 td's, 16 receptions of 20+ yards, 3 of 40+ yards, and 3 fumbles.

Tevin Mitchel: Started the season on the Colts IR, ended the season on the Raiders practice squad.

Drew Morgan: Still on the Miami practice squad

Jason Peters: Started 7 games at LT before an injury put him on IR with the eagles.

Otha Peters*: Was on the washington practice squad mid-season and activated to active roster, registering 2 solo tackles and 1 assist over 3 games.

Darius Philon: chargers, Appeared in all 16 games, started 4, including both of the last 2. 16 solo tackles, 15 assisted, 4.5 sacks, 1 pass defended, 1 forced fumble, 2 tfls (non-sack).

Dan Skipper: Started on the cowboy's practice squad, signed to the Lions, being on the main roster for 2 games, appearing in one game and finishing the season on the lion's practice squad.

Chris Smith: bengals, Played in all 16 games, 17 solo tackles, 9 assisted, 3 sacks, 1 ff, 2 pd, and 3 tfl non-sack.

Martrell Spaight: Appeared in 15 games, started 6 including the final 3 for washington. 45 solo tackles, 30 assisted, 1 fr, 2 pd, 4 tfl non-sack.

Jeremy Sprinkle: Appeared in 11 games, 5 starts. 2 receptions, 3 targets, 13 yards, 1 td. 1 fd for washington.

Travis Swanson: 11 games and 11 starts for the lions, ending the season on IR and missing some time with a concussion.

Robert Thomas: Appeared in 15 games for the giants but no starts. 5 solo tackles, 10 assists, and 3 tfl this season.

Sebastian Tretola: Listed on ESPN's page of arkansas players in the NFL which doesn't even show practice squad, but the latest news I can find of him is still that he was waived by the titans after his incident this summer.

Jonathan Williams: Made the initial 53 man roster for Bills, then surprisingly cut and landed on Denver practice squad. That was the last I heard. Turns out, was signed to saints practice squad after, then activated to their active roster for the final 7 games. No stats though.

Deatrich Wise Jr: pats, Appeared in all 16 games, started 3. 16 solo tackles, 10 assists, 5 sacks, 1 tfl non-sack, 1 pass defended.

Jarius Wright: Still hanging on in the NFL, appeared in all 16 games. Registered 18 recpetions on 25 targets for 198 yards, 11.0 ypc, 2 td's, 13 first downs. 88 YAC. 5th leading receiver and 3rd best among the actual receivers.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Pretty well aligns with what one would expect based on the draft. Fewer big time players, but a lot more players overall.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

alohawg

Appreciate your efforts as always. The biggest head scratcher to me is Jonathan Williams.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Razorbacker79

Thanks for your Hogs in the NFL posts, bennyl08.  I, for one, appreciate the info and all the hard work that goes into posting it.  Here is just a bit more info that I am aware of.

Brandon Allen went on IR 12/20/17.  Don't know what his injury was, may have just needed the roster spot.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/rams-brandon-allen-sent-to-ir/
http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/transactions?team=LA

Denver Kirkland went on IR not long after his preseason injury.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/05/raiders-place-obi-melifonwu-denver-kirkland-on-injured-reserve/
http://www.raiders.com/team/roster.html
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

hogfan14

Wise had a really good rookie year. Wish we could have seen more of that here.

I thought Williams would be the better pro between him and Collins but (so far) shows how much I know lol

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogfan14 on January 01, 2018, 09:13:41 pm
Wise had a really good rookie year. Wish we could have seen more of that here.

I thought Williams would be the better pro between him and Collins but (so far) shows how much I know lol
I think it's all about fit and the OL.  Williams might have done just as well in Baltimore as Collins.  You just don't know.

Overall it's pretty sad that only 5 or 6 of our former players are actually contributors and/or important players on their pro team.  Shows a definite lack of talent on our team the last 5 years or even more.   

davril98

Man, McFadden was so electric!  Too bad he couldn't have strung together several uninjured years.

paul hog

Dan Skipper recently signed a 2 year contract with Detroit.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: davril98 on January 02, 2018, 11:11:35 am
Man, McFadden was so electric!  Too bad he couldn't have strung together several uninjured years.

I still believe he would have been a better college and NFL safety.

And that isn't even addressing the fact that we would have been better as a team if he had played safety for us rather than RB.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: davril98 on January 02, 2018, 11:11:35 am

It's a shame he couldn't have gone ANYWHERE but the Raiders...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

bennyl08

Quote from: paul hog on January 02, 2018, 11:57:48 am

While no guarantee that he makes the roster next year, that is definitely a good sign. He showed them enough for them to put at least some financial investment into him. We've had a disproportionately high amount of undrafted OL players catching on in the NFL it seems. Starting with Alvin Bailey who had a pretty good career with the seahawks and ending with the browns, to Kirkland getting some playing time his first year before being injured his second year, and now Skipper starting to catch on in the NFL too.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: paul hog on January 02, 2018, 11:57:48 am

Cowboys could have used him in Atl where their backup left tackle gave up 6 sacks
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

nesjunk

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 31, 2017, 10:47:28 pm
2017 regular season stats, bolded are players on teams going to the playoffs.

Brooks Ellis: Waived pre-season by patriots, no signings to my knowledge.

Brooks Ellis was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad in November.

https://scout.com/nfl/jaguars/Article/Jaguars-Add-Two-To-Practice-Squad-110952284

bennyl08

bennyl08

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Gallery/Ranking-former-Arkansas-Razorbacks-in-the-NFL-based-on-Pro-Football-Focus-grades-113159736/GallerySlides/815215

Here's how the hogs did based on PFF grading.

Swanson: 43.1, ranked 33rd among centers. Played 709 offensive snaps and 53 special teams starting 11/11 games played.
AJ Derby: 47.2, 46th best grade among TE's. 337 offensive snaps. 62 special teams
Spaight: 47.4, 59th best LB. 414 defensive snaps, and 205 special teams.
Skipper: 48.1, N/a ranking as only played 10 offensive snaps and 5 ST.
Wise Jr: 49.0, 100th edge defender. 545 defensive snaps and 33 ST.
Sprinkle: 49.2, n/a ranking with 126 offensive snaps and 125 on special teams.
Mallett: 52.1, n/a ranking with only 59 offensive snaps.
Loewen: 52.4, n/a ranking 7 defensive snaps and 30 ST.
Hamilton: 53.0, n/a with 54 offensive snaps and 15 ST.
Thomas: 56.8, 101st best interior defender. 235 defensive snaps, 52 ST and 7 offensive snaps.
Ledbetter: 56.8, 101st best interior defender, 348 defensive snaps and 120 ST
Smith: 67.1, 82nd best edge defender, 403 defensive snaps and 88 ST.
Wright: 74.4, n/a ranking 256 offensive snaps.
Philon: 75.1, 77th best interior defender. 510 defensive snaps and 62 ST.
Flowers: 84.3, 24th best edge defender, 804 defensive snaps
Peters: 86.4, 3rd best OT, 422 offensive snaps,
Collins: 87.6, 5th best RB, 378 offensive snaps and 28 ST
Henry: 88.0, 2nd best TE, 598 offensive snaps, 23 ST