Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hmm no announcement

Started by checkraiser88, December 30, 2017, 03:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Is Venables still in play?? Maybe he liked that hog call at the Broyles Awards

SooieGeneris

I was kind of expecting one today, but it's Saturday and the BB team had a home game. Announcements of this type are usually on a weekday unless it's a firing at the the end of the season. Maybe Monday?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hogcards

No news is good news.

Ven is what we want.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Vantage 8 dude

We obviously don't know what exactly's going on behind the scenes. Negotiations, still awaiting a game (or two) to be played, etc. Since there's only been speculation and innuendos thrown around we're just going to have to wait until the REAL issues and folks involved are gotten into their proper places.

jgphillips3

Didn't that clause in Chavis' contract run through December 31st?  If so, seems like Monday would be right unless they terminate him first.

greenie

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 03:51:50 pm

I won't start thinking things like this unless Chavis is not named by next Friday.  I see no reason that we would need to wait that long, but waiting until after Jan 1 seems like a logical, contract-related situation.  All supposition on my part...hell, for all I know, they plan to hire Willie Robinson, but need to wait until after Feb 7 so that defensive recruits aren't scared off.  :-)

grayhawg

HogFanOSU

My guess is there will be no official announcement until after Jan 9, when the 10th coach is allowed, then Coach Morris will hold a press conference and introduce his entire staff.  I would think he would want as much publicity about this as possible for recruits to see.  Especially if he has hired some big names.

Danimal

I have a hard time believing that Ven was EVER in play.

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Hog Waller

Quote from: Danimal on December 30, 2017, 04:51:47 pm

He wasn't...the chatter was just HV trying to add 2 & 2.

Justagp

It is my understanding that his son recently signed with Clemson. I would be surprised if he left now.

Mjs84

Quote from: hogcards on December 30, 2017, 04:09:19 pm
No news is good news.

Ven is what we want.

My sentiments exactly!   If this thing continues to roll, Venebles will be our man!

IBleedRazorbackRed

They haven't announced any hires yet. Probably waiting until they get all of the coaches wrapped up and then they'll announce all of them together.

Sivad

Letting the disappointment of his bowl fiasco lessen.

Danimal

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: HogFanOSU on December 30, 2017, 04:37:18 pm
My guess is there will be no official announcement until after Jan 9, when the 10th coach is allowed, then Coach Morris will hold a press conference and introduce his entire staff.  I would think he would want as much publicity about this as possible for recruits to see.  Especially if he has hired some big names.

Clearly this.

It has never made any kind of sense to me why BV would leave the situation he has to come here as a DC. Add onto it that his son has already signed to Clemson and I would think that ship has clearly sailed. But we're all still waiting at the dock saying, "But Chad told us that we'd get the best DC in the country..."

jgphillips3

If it is Chavis, there is no good reason to delay the announcement beyond New Year's Day.

King Kong

It has to be Chavis or Caldwell wouldn't have resigned

forrest city joe

Nope. coach Morris stated he would officially announced his entire coaching staff all at once. so that could be the reason for the delay.

twistitup

Sure would be nice if they would announce something tonight. We need a DC~
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DuckTalesLOL

It's a holiday weekend, I'm sure we will know something by the 2nd. It isn't going to hurt us to wait a few more days.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I agree. Not having a DC has caused me an undue amount of stress, angst, and anxiety. The sooner we name one the sooner I can focus on important stuff like replacing forward facing hog.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

theFlyingHog

Clickbait title. The continued silence can only mean that our new DC is Venables

JusJim

Quote from: twistitup on December 30, 2017, 07:04:58 pm
Sure would be nice if they would announce something tonight. We need a DC~
Not having a DC is not harming "the program" in any way at all at this point in time. 

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Justagp on December 30, 2017, 05:07:38 pm
It is my understanding that his son recently signed with Clemson. I would be surprised if he left now.
I wouldn't play for my father and he would want me to get out and be my own man

Smashmouth2004

I suspect Chavis is waiting on A&M to tell him if they are letting him go or not. They might screw this whole up by keeping him for another year!

hogcards

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 30, 2017, 07:41:01 pm
I suspect Chavis is waiting on A&M to tell him if they are letting him go or not. They might screw this whole up by keeping him for another year!

Please be true.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HogPharmer

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 30, 2017, 07:41:01 pm

It's not slave labor. If he wants to come here, we can afford to make it happen. We will have to pay wether they fire him or not.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 30, 2017, 07:38:36 pm
I wouldn't play for my father and he would want me to get out and be my own man

Don't get me wrong, I don't know how good the kid truly is, but if I had any possible advantage over other players of getting in the spotlight to possibly get into the NFL to make millions of dollars, I'd do it. Even if it meant playing for my dad.

Also, on the flip side, if the kid flipped and committed to Arkansas, what would you think about that? Would you think Venables would be coming here if that happened?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

tee1up2par

Maybe CM is gonna wait a couple of days in hoes the fans will forget about the 55 points his new DC just gave up.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

ricepig

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 30, 2017, 07:43:52 pm
It's not slave labor. If he wants to come here, we can afford to make it happen. We will have to pay wether they fire him or not.

Yes, but if they don't want to pay his buyout for firing him, and he/we don't want to pay his buyout for leaving, then there is a negotiated time for this to happen.

HogPharmer

Quote from: tee1up2par on December 30, 2017, 07:47:16 pm
Maybe CM is gonna wait a couple of days in hoes the fans will forget about the 55 points his new DC just gave up.

Petrino waited in hoes and it cost him his job....

Or should I say, "he waded in hoes"

opineonswine

Mjs84

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 30, 2017, 07:22:48 pm
I agree. Not having a DC has caused me an undue amount of stress, angst, and anxiety. The sooner we name one the sooner I can focus on important stuff like replacing forward facing hog.

I like this post.  Looking forward to more!  Digging the profile name too

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 30, 2017, 08:16:58 pm
I like this post.  Looking forward to more!  Digging the profile name too

Don't take any candy from him. IJS...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

texas tush hog

He wasn't.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 30, 2017, 07:43:52 pm
Yes we can pay unless there is a no compete clause in his contract if he is not fired.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

onebadrubi

He was, as a HC.  We've turned him down now more than once for our head coaching job

pigture perfect

All previous contracts need to be fulfilled. Then announcements.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 30, 2017, 07:22:48 pm

I'm intrigued but being stressed, anxious, and having anxiety? Fiji is nice this time of year.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 30, 2017, 04:09:54 pm
Didn’t that clause in Chavis’ contract run through December 31st?  If so, seems like Monday would be right unless they terminate him first.

Contract runs through 31 Dec 2018.  He will have to be fired by A&M for him to come to Arkansas which what everyone is expecting to happen.