Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iowa State

Started by ArkansasI, December 30, 2017, 02:54:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasI

Just watched a few plays of the Liberty Bowl. Iowa State's DC is doing a fair job of slowing down Memphis.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2017, 02:55:54 pm
Fire Mike Norvell   8)
I'm behind on the news. Is Norvell going to be announced as our head coach now that Memphis' bowl game is over?

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Karma on December 30, 2017, 02:59:57 pm
I'm behind on the news. Is Norvell going to be announced as our head coach now that Memphis' bowl game is over?
Lol.

Hawg Life

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 30, 2017, 02:54:35 pm
Just watched a few plays of the Liberty Bowl. Iowa State's DC is doing a fair job of slowing down Memphis.

Memphis couldn't block them. Amazing what winning in the trenches does for a team.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Pa-Paw

The Iowa State victory in the Liberty Bowl just goes to show that anything is possible if you have the will and the patience. If it can happen at Iowa State it can happen at Arkansas. Not so long ago the knock on the B12 teams was that they couldn't play defense, but that has seemly changed big time. By my count that conference now has a 6-2 bowl record with one game to go. If Coach Morris can put together the right pieces then the winning will happen within a couple of years. Just have patience.  :)

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

factchecker

It's amazing what a winning culture can do for a team.

Look at Mississippi State.

They had an interim HC (running-back coach) and a true freshman at QB (backup to an injured Fitzgerald) and they beat Bobby Petrino with a Heisman winner at QB.

I hope Morris turns our program around.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ArkansasI

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 30, 2017, 03:45:38 pm
Memphis couldn't block them. Amazing what winning in the trenches does for a team.

Yes, they also brought 6 a few times - made the QB throw fast and out of rhythm. Allows the DBs to defend smaller space.

jgphillips3

Campbell is a dang good coach.  He had the more talented team.  Usually between a battle of two very good coaches, the one with more talent on the field wins. 

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hogwild

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 30, 2017, 04:12:11 pm
Campbell is a dang good coach.  He had the more talented team.  Usually between a battle of two very good coaches, the one with more talent on the field wins.

his AD was smart to lock him up

Johnny Bobo

Johnny Bobo

NotSoFastMyFriend

P5 teams are supposed to beat non-P5 teams though.

clutch

Even though they were at home, a team like Memphis would have greatly benefited from playing in a warmer environment.

901king

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 30, 2017, 03:45:38 pm

Amazing that Memphis was playing without their 1,000 yard rusher and Offensive Coordinator. Amazing that the Memphis backup RB actually outgained the Montgomery, #2 RB in the Big 12.  Amazing that a Memphis team not known for defense held ISU to 21.  The same ISU that hung 38 on OU and 42 on OSU.  Amazing that Memphis held Montgomery to 2.2 yards/carry vs  his average of 4.4. 

Amazing that 2 interceptions in the end zone were overturned for "not completing the catch" or nullified by a phantom roughing the passer call that resulted in 14 Cyclone points.

But yea, ISU "dominated" the trenches.  Not sure what game you were watching.

HiggiePiggy

Yes. They held the # 5 offense and #2 scoring in the country to 20 points and only 339 yards total offense. Yep. That is pretty amazing.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 901king on December 31, 2017, 10:11:37 am
Amazing that Memphis was playing without their 1,000 yard rusher and Offensive Coordinator. Amazing that the Memphis backup RB actually outgained the Montgomery, #2 RB in the Big 12.  Amazing that a Memphis team not known for defense held ISU to 21.  The same ISU that hung 38 on OU and 42 on OSU.  Amazing that Memphis held Montgomery to 2.2 yards/carry vs  his average of 4.4. 

Amazing that 2 interceptions in the end zone were overturned for "not completing the catch" or nullified by a phantom roughing the passer call that resulted in 14 Cyclone points.

Take your tears to a Mfs. St. board - if there is one.

cardinalandwhite

I watched a QB in a blue uniform running for his life, and unless I got the uniform colors wrong, he played for Memphis. They may have run more successfully, but the pass rush affected the passing game, and that kept Memphis from mounting a comeback.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Dirty

And they still lost!