Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst call I've ever seen...ref kicks out Snell

Started by Ugly Uncle, December 29, 2017, 04:46:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

The makeup targeting call is the only penalty against NW in the first half.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 05:23:56 pm
You don't kick a kid out for language in football.  Flag him...probably yes.  Maybe if he does it again...then sure.  It should be hard to kick a kid out of a football game.

I thought that targeting call against Northwestern was bogus too.  The kid jumped in the air.  The crown of the helmet went in because the kid was above the tackler.

Refs having a bad day.

A bad day is letting an obvious PI go in the A&M game and costing them a chance at a field goal. This cluster should end this moron's calling bowl games.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Boarcephus

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 05:23:56 pm
I thought that targeting call against Northwestern was bogus too.  The kid jumped in the air.  The crown of the helmet went in because the kid was above the tackler.

Make up call
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 29, 2017, 05:01:14 pm
Worst call you've ever seen?  Come on. Not even close to worst.
Yes, easily the worst.

Cracker Jack

Quote from: Nafunu32 on December 29, 2017, 05:21:53 pm
Would that be an ejection for something over than "contact with an official?"
No.  The official specifically said during the announcement of the penalty that it was for "contact with an official".  NO WAY there should have been an ejection!!  The guy should be suspended or fired.......you can't have a "hair trigger" and be a referee!

FANONTHEHILL

Second worse call I've seen -  the targeting on Northwestern defensive back.  Awful job by the PAC-10 crew. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 29, 2017, 05:30:14 pm
A bad day is letting an obvious PI go in the A&M game and costing them a chance at a field goal. This cluster should end this moron's calling bowl games.

It should.  Like I've said, never seen its equal in egregiousness.

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 29, 2017, 05:30:39 pm
Make up call

Quote from: HamIAm on December 29, 2017, 05:30:04 pm
The makeup targeting call is the only penalty against NW in the first half.

Pitiful on both accounts.
Retired Radio Host

Razorback_Mack

Throwing him out was worse than the Russians putting time back on the clock like 3 times in that gold medal basketball game.

Inhogswetrust

December 29, 2017, 05:44:08 pm #58 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:54:50 pm by Inhogswetrust
Bad call BUT players are NEVER put their hands on a Ref period unless it is obvious the Ref is helping him up off the field. Also I couldn't hear what he said to him either. Must have been bad.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogPharmer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:44:08 pm
Bad call BUT players are too NEVER put their hands on a Ref period.

The ref initiated the contact
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 29, 2017, 05:44:30 pm
The ref initiated the contact

I didn't see it that way but to each his own. Like I said bad call. We do have to wonder what was said also.

O. K. I went back and looked at it again and you could be right. However Refs can initiate contact IF they think the play or result afterwards might "get out of hand". We see Refs holding back players all the time when they think a fight or even words might be exchanged. But like I said, bad call.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dark Helmet Hog

Terrible call. Right up there with the time we got ripped at Florida.

Boarcephus

Just interviewed Stoops and he handled it well
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:44:08 pm
Bad call BUT players are too NEVER put their hands on a Ref period. Also I couldn't hear what he said to him either. Must have been bad.
So, if he'd allowed the ref to help him up and grabbed his arms at the same time, he should have been ejected?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Tuskarilla

There should be a system in place where a referee can be ejected from the game!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:45:31 pm
I didn't see it that way but to each his own. Like I said bad call. We do have to wonder what was said also.
Some people just like to argue.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:45:31 pm
I'd watch it again.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 05:49:18 pm
I'd watch it again.

I did and updated my post. Either way IF a penalty is called then still no reason to eject in that instance and I never thought that there was reason to.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 29, 2017, 05:48:53 pm
Some people just like to argue.
Yep. Statements like that just go to show you how ridiculous people can be.

hogcards

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 29, 2017, 05:47:37 pm
Just interviewed Stoops and he handled it well

He should have pulled his team off the field until they corrected the issue. Holtz did that when he was at Dame.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on December 29, 2017, 05:47:48 pm
So, if he'd allowed the ref to help him up and grabbed his arms at the same time, he should have been ejected?

We aren't certain that's what was happening but it could have been. As I said I'm curious as to what was said. That could have made a difference perhaps.

Atlhogfan1

The no call on the hit on Johnson then flagging UK for complaining was complete darn as well. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:52:46 pm
We aren't certain that's what was happening but it could have been. As I said I'm curious as to what was said. That could have made a difference perhaps.
Whhuuuutt?

Inhogswetrust

Razorback_Mack

"What was said," IF anything,  would only amount to a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct foul. The player was ejected. I don't care if he called him worthless piece of s***. That doesn't warrant an ejection. Anybody that's been near a sideline or out there on the sanctuary knows how it gets.

Ugly Uncle

As an official you have to take the emotion of the game into consideration.

There wasn't any reason for the player to be upset with the ref.  Any emotion would have been focused at someone/something else.  You don't need to be thinned skinned.

Give the kid a warning.  That would have handled any problem that existed at the moment.

It was obvious the kid did not touch him with malice. 
Retired Radio Host

rude1

Now that is completely unacceptable, the ref gets his feelings hurt because the player refuses his hand up and throws him out? This guy should never work a game again at any level down to and including pee wee level!!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 05:55:57 pm
"What was said," IF anything,  would only amount to a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct foul. The player was ejected. I don't care if he called him worthless piece of s***. That doesn't warrant an ejection. Anybody that's been near a sideline or out there on the sanctuary knows how it gets.

Hearing someone say that on the sideline is one thing. Looking directly at the Ref and saying it is another. If he did indeed say that directly to the Ref right in front of his face to him then yes he deserved ejection. Without knowing what was said and only going by what we see then no he did not deserve ejection.

TeufelHog

Makes me wonder what "audio" accompanied that "video."  Wonder if that Kentucky player was running his mouth at the Referee in addition to the hand issue?

rude1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:59:07 pm
Hearing someone say that on the sideline is one thing. Looking directly at the Ref and saying it is another. If he did indeed say that directly to the Ref right in front of his face to him then yes he deserved ejection. Without knowing what was said and only going by what we see then no he did not deserve ejection.
As others have stated, some people just want to argue. The ref interjected himself into that, not the other way around. If you approach a player for no reason and he tells you to F.....off, that doesn't give you the right to toss him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rude1 on December 29, 2017, 06:01:10 pm
As others have stated, some people just want to argue. The ref interjected himself into that, not the other way around. If you approach a player for no reason and he tells you to F.....off, that doesn't give you the right to toss him.

Ask some of the Refs on here if true or not if that is said to them if they might eject a player or not.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 06:02:44 pm
Ask some of the Refs on here if true or not if that is said to them if they might eject a player or not.

I'm telling you I wouldn't never eject a player for that.

Now, if he was up in my face bumping me and cussing...then yes.

The kid was walking away from him.

I certainly would flag a kid for cussing.  Flag him every single time he cussed after that.  Wouldn't kick him out and claim it was for him touching me.

The touch was without malice.  The player was walking away.  There is zero reason to kick a kid out right there.
Retired Radio Host

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 05:56:48 pm
As an official you have to take the emotion of the game into consideration.

There wasn't any reason for the player to be upset with the ref.  Any emotion would have been focused at someone/something else.  You don't need to be thinned skinned.

Give the kid a warning.  That would have handled any problem that existed at the moment.

It was obvious the kid did not touch him with malice. 

Emotions can go too far even for some Refs both physically and verbally. Agree it appears he didn't touch him with malice. That's why I wonder what was said. As you know there is a lot of subjectivity in being a Ref with some calls. That's why fans can get so upset over calls.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:59:07 pm
There is no "deserve." Rules are there for a reason. The first thing any good official is gonna do is tell the coaches  "hey you better talk to #10." If it happens again he'll throw a flag and back them up 15 and tell the coach to get him out of there. I don't even know if it happens a 3rd time if you throw a player out for talking. Trash talking  and cussing are so common even in high school that officials just let it go.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 06:07:01 pm
There is no "deserve." Rules are there for a reason. The first thing any good official is gonna do is tell the coaches  "hey you better talk to #10." If it happens again he'll throw a flag and back them up 15 and tell the coach to get him out of there. I don't even know if it happens a 3rd time if you throw a player out for talking. Trash talking  and cussing are so common even in high school that officials just let it go.

Oh bull. Rules are interpreted all the time. Yes cussing occurs. It's not like someone getting shot. The difference in assault with a deadly weapon and murder is VERY clear and obvious.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 05:55:52 pm
Did you hear what he said to the Ref? I didn't.
I did not. Yet, that had nothing to do with your assertion about touching refs or about my hypothetical in response.

rude1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 06:05:40 pm
Emotions can go too far even for some Refs both physically and verbally. Agree it appears he didn't touch him with malice. That's why I wonder what was said. As you know there is a lot of subjectivity in being a Ref with some calls. That's why fans can get so upset over calls.
Why can't you understand that it was said "HE WAS KICKED OUT FOR TOUCHING THE REF"!!!! So your constant deflecting speculation to what was said has no merit.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 06:07:01 pm

There was one crew that I worked with when I started that the white hat wouldn't let any cussing go.  He would flag for any cuss word.  I like that.

When I became a white hat I let some of it go.  I didn't allow the F word at all.  If a player got hit or something happen and I heard the S word I would say..."Hey, be careful with your language number 10" or say something like "easy now..." 

Never would I kick a player out for cussing though.

In what I just saw, I might have thrown a flag if the player just cussed me.  I would have felt guilty about it though.  I would have thought, "well, I should have known better than to get up on him like that in that situation."

Retired Radio Host

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 06:16:11 pm
Oh bull. Rules are interpreted all the time. Yes cussing occurs. It's not like someone getting shot. The difference in assault with a deadly weapon and murder is VERY clear and obvious.
There must be precedent then. Show me anything remotely similar to what we saw and a player was immediately ejected. Good luck on your search. We've been playing football for over 100 years with millions of games. Should be easy.

This entire conversation is stupid anyway. It doesn't matter what he said. He was ejected for contact with an official when the official initiated the contact. He wasn't ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Atlhogfan1

Obvious incomplete pass and of course ref missed it and now wasting time on a review. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ironhawg

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 29, 2017, 05:19:01 pm
Looked like the ref got his feelings hurt because Snell didn't want any help getting up. The ref definitely initiated contact first.

What the heck was the official doing?  It looked to me like he initiated contact with Snell.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 06:23:17 pm
There must be precedent then. Show me anything remotely similar to what we saw and a player was immediately ejected. Good luck on your search. We've been playing football for over 100 years with millions of games. Should be easy.

This entire conversation is stupid anyway. It doesn't matter what he said. He was ejected for contact with an official when the official initiated the contact. He wasn't ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct.

If being a Ref was easy everyone would do it.................Besides there have been MILLIONS of questionable calls in football. What part of humans not being perfect do you not understand.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 06:25:30 pm
If being a Ref was easy everyone would do it.................Besides there have been MILLIONS of questionable calls in football. What part of humans not being perfect do you not understand.
The guy that made that call doesn't have the right temperament for the trade. No knock on him. Some people can't perform certain professions. Do you want a surgeon operating on you that's afraid of blood? A teacher that hates kids? A cabby that gets car sick? If he gets that butt hurt over something like that and he's a major college football official then the job isn't for him.

rude1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2017, 06:31:35 pm
The guy that made that call doesn't have the right temperament for the trade. No knock on him. Some people can't perform certain professions. Do you want a surgeon operating on you that's afraid of blood? A teacher that hates kids? A cabby that gets car sick? If he gets that butt hurt over something like that and he's a major college football official then the job isn't for him.
This is how I feel. That one act tells me that guy has no business wearing a ref uniform at any level. His ego is way to big for the position, because it was clearly his bruised ego that caused him to lash out with his authority to show the kid who was in charge.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

PossumFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 06:25:30 pm

Why are you so hellbent on defending this putz?

Atlhogfan1

HogBreath

SMH.  Obviously a horrible call, yet we have a goof on here wanting to argue about it.  Classic.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: HogBreath on December 29, 2017, 07:24:10 pm
SMH.  Obviously a horrible call, yet we have a goof on here wanting to argue about it.  Classic.

Yep, like I said earlier, some people just want to argue no matter how obvious something is.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Member #3568