Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst call I've ever seen...ref kicks out Snell

Started by Ugly Uncle, December 29, 2017, 04:46:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

In the Kentucky game...

Did you guys just see that?

I officiated a lot of football in my life.  How do you kick a kid out of a game for that?

Retired Radio Host

Ex-Trumpet

Awful call.  That ref should be watching on tv.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 04:46:43 pm
In the Kentucky game...

I officiated a lot of football in my life.  How do you kick a kid out of a game for that?

Just saw that. What a joke of a call. He is the one who reached for the kid. Snell is a beast of a RB. Kentucky will struggle to win.

Atlhogfan1

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/05/rocky-mountain-showdown-officiating/

This ref and crew started the season crappy.  We criticize SEC refs but PAC 12 refs are the worst IMO. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PossumFan

HamIAm

The_Iceman

The NCAA needs to call in and reverse the call and reinstate the player.

HogFansReunited

Ref got his feelings hurt so he kicks a kid out of the game. Unbelievable.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

davril98

While they're at it, They need to call and reverse that call in the Florida game several years ago that screwed us!

kodiakisland

In the Kentucky game...

Worst call you've ever seen?  Come on. Not even close to worst.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Freebrd

I missed it too.  But a no-call on a touchdown pass probably cost atm their game.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 29, 2017, 05:01:14 pm
Worst call you've ever seen?  Come on. Not even close to worst.

From the mindset of a ref that kicks a kid out of a game for something?  Yeah...that is the worst I've seen.
Retired Radio Host

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

hogcards

Quote from: Freebrd on December 29, 2017, 05:02:57 pm
I missed it too.  But a no-call on a touchdown pass probably cost atm their game.

Never mind the fact that A & Ms left tackle held on every other play.   ;)
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HamIAm

Now Northwestern tackles the QB 5 yards out of bound after he's thrown the ball.  No call.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

HamIAm

I'd be booing so much I wouldn't be able to talk for 2 weeks.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: HamIAm on December 29, 2017, 05:06:05 pm
Now Northwestern tackles the QB 5 yards out of bound after he's thrown the ball.  No call.

Yep, this entire crew needs to find a new job.

Member #3568

PossumFan

These officials are trash. Oughta be an investigation.

hogcards

I have A feeling that will be corrected.  That is horrible  for a referee  to pull something like this.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Nafunu32

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/watch-kentucky-benny-snell-ejected-from-music-city-bowl-for-contact-with-official/k6VQHHE7Q6IQ2HGzX8gs4N/

One post I saw on twitter said people should ask for their money back. Wonder how this would go over? Another was that the NCAA should overturn the ejection and reinstate Snell. haha

HamIAm

There will be a fight before this game is over.

HamIAm

Quote from: hogcards on December 29, 2017, 05:09:48 pm
I have A feeling that will be corrected.  That is horrible  for a referee  to pull something like this.

How are you going to correct it. You can't.  Now the ref may get reprimanded, but that won't correct the call

hogcards

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

rhog1

cardinalandwhite

I hope this crew has good security after the game because they should be dragged into the parking lot and whipped for the first half.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hogcards

Quote from: HamIAm on December 29, 2017, 05:11:02 pm
How are you going to correct it. You can't.  Now the ref may get reprimanded, but that won't correct the call

I don't know but Stoops needs to put the game under protest right away and pull his team.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

hogcards

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

birmingHAMette

Looked like the Mark Curles school of officiating.
Go Hogs

HogFansReunited

Replayed that 3 times and I never saw hands to the face, they were on the shoulder pads the entire time.

Member #3568

hoghevn

WORST REFERRING EVER  -  DEAR GOD!!  EVERY CALL / NO CALL IS ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HamIAm

wait, was there a flag before the review?  you can't go back and call hands to the face from a review

Boarcephus

In the Kentucky game...

Wonder if he said something to the ref?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

cardinalandwhite

Then the personal foul after the play. Someone should have decked the ref just to get their money's worth.

And now that targeting call? Wow. Talk about inserting yourself into the game in a bad way.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Buff

They called a phony unsportsmanlike penalty against KY to take them out of FG range.  These refs have money on N'Western.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HamIAm on December 29, 2017, 05:17:30 pm
wait, was there a flag before the review?  you can't go back and call hands to the face from a review

No, they threw the flag and called it, then went to review the targeting as a separate issue.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HogPharmer

Looked like the ref got his feelings hurt because Snell didn't want any help getting up. The ref definitely initiated contact first.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawginbigd1

Is it possible he said one of the magic phrases that get you an early shower?

HamIAm

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2017, 05:18:46 pm
No, they threw the flag and called it, then went to review the targeting.
Ok, I missed the flag

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 29, 2017, 05:19:17 pm

That's what I'm wondering.

Nafunu32

Would that be an ejection for something over than "contact with an official?"

apcapri

I just wouldn't have left if I was Snell. I'd make them forcefully remove me.

hogcards

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 29, 2017, 05:18:02 pm
Then the personal foul after the play. Someone should have decked the ref just to get their money's worth.

And now that targeting call? Wow. Talk about inserting yourself into the game in a bad way.

Holy shnikeys,  this is horrendous officiating.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 29, 2017, 05:19:17 pm

You don't kick a kid out for language in football.  Flag him...probably yes.  Maybe if he does it again...then sure.  It should be hard to kick a kid out of a football game.

I thought that targeting call against Northwestern was bogus too.  The kid jumped in the air.  The crown of the helmet went in because the kid was above the tackler.

Refs having a bad day.
Retired Radio Host

hogcards

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

elksnort

I just witnessed the Benny Snell ejection. The call was egregious