Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis and the Aggies have given up 55 to wake forest

Started by Con el Cerdos, December 29, 2017, 04:10:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

A&M probably will lose with only 43 seconds to play from their own 44.

Is Wake that good or is A&M that bad?

ricepig

Dominicanhog

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hogtimes

We are going to hire the best Defensive Coordinator in the nation???   I am starting to get worried.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The Pulse

Maybe everyone is getting swerved and it's gonna be Todd Graham.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 04:10:39 pm
Yes....

I've always respected Chavis, especially when he was at Tn.  He did an OK job at LSU but at A&M he seems to have lost something.

Now, saying that, I don't have a good feeling about this hire.  Mostly, because we are going to expect too much too soon, IMO, and I'm not sure we have anywhere near the defensive talent needed to be competitive even with Chavis calling the shots.

If we can be patient and recruit well for a couple more years he might do well here.

cityhog

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 29, 2017, 04:20:03 pm
Best Defensive Coordinator in the nation???   I am starting to get worried.

hahhahaah!  But, but, but. 'We're gonna get the best DC out there'. Lord. The kool aid that some of y'all drank on this whole mess of a hire is laughable.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

311Hog

Smashmouth2004

How many snaps did Chavis play? Their defense is young and I'm not going to disregard the many years he had badass defenses in the SEC on just one year with a young defense! Some of y'all need to chill.

Hogman2

Cannot read anything in to a game with an interim staff!  Where is Texas A&M incentive? Wake was fired up to play and A&M went through the motions!  The Aggie secondary has three true freshmen starting! Who cares about this game?

Razorback de Nosferatu

Dude has been coaching football longer than most of us have been alive and y'all are panicking because of an Aggie bowl game with an interim head coach.

Furthermore, there's been smoke billowing out of the Aggie dumpster for at least two straight years.  How about we give him a chance?

Back when we hired Smile, some members of this board wanted Fulmer just cause he might bring this guy along. Now he's not good enough for us because he couldn't single-handedly salvage Sumlin's dumpster inferno.  Good God.

010HogFan

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 29, 2017, 04:26:28 pm
Dude has been coaching football longer than most of us have been alive and y'all are panicking because of an Aggie bowl game with an interim head coach.

Furthermore, there's been smoke billowing out of the Aggie dumpster for at least two straight years.  How about we give him a chance?

Back when we hired Smile, some members of this board wanted Fulmer just cause he might bring this guy along. Now he's not good enough for us because he couldn't salvage Sumlin's dumpster inferno.  Good God.

Thank You.

grayhawg

Syracuse the team that beat #1 Clemson, Wake Forest hung 64 on them. Not trying to excuse that loss but stuff happens.

King Kong

McKdaddy

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 29, 2017, 04:21:43 pm
I've always respected Chavis, especially when he was at Tn.  He did an OK job at LSU but at A&M he seems to have lost something.

Now, saying that, I don't have a good feeling about this hire.  Mostly, because we are going to expect too much too soon, IMO, and I'm not sure we have anywhere near the defensive talent needed to be competitive even with Chavis calling the shots.

If we can be patient and recruit well for a couple more years he might do well here.

My "hard pass" was more of a joking comment based on the stats WF compiled today.

The first paragraph quoted above sums up my thoughts. Has he lost something? IDK, but it seems like it. Having said that, he'll be the best DC we've ever hired. I'm not sure I'm excited about him or not, but am open-minded to him being at the UA.

Kevin

that game did not instill a lot of confidence in chavis.

I have been saying this since all this spread has come in, the offensive coaches are way ahead of the defensive coaches in creating new schemes.

the defensive coaches need to start doing different stuff, this 4-2-5 or 3-3-5. is not getting it done.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 29, 2017, 04:26:28 pm

Back when we hired Smile, some members of this board wanted Fulmer just cause he might bring this guy along. Now he's not good enough for us because he couldn't single-handedly salvage Sumlin's dumpster inferno.  Good God.

A throwaway game with a temporary coaching staff in front of an empty stadium and nothing on the line. People freaking out over this game need to get a grip.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 29, 2017, 04:36:51 pm
A throwaway game with a temporary coaching staff in front of an empty stadium and nothing on the line. People freaking out over this game need to get a grip.
Cough Cough FCJ

hoglady

And Grinch's Washington St defense (a DC many are salivating over) gave up 41 and 42 points in their last 2 games.
So I guess that means he sucks as a DC, too.

When you're talking about interim coaches and the staff on their way out (A&M) and coaches flirting with other jobs (Leach and Grinch) - it usually has a negative impact on your team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boarcephus

Quote from: McKdaddy on December 29, 2017, 04:33:17 pm
My "hard pass" was more of a joking comment based on the stats WF compiled today.

The first paragraph quoted above sums up my thoughts. Has he lost something? IDK, but it seems like it. Having said that, he'll be the best DC we've ever hired. I'm not sure I'm excited about him or not, but am open-minded to him being at the UA.

Regardless of what happened today, his name alone brings instant credibility to the staff. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pork Ranger

I've never been a fan of DC's that coach from the box in college.

Hugo Bezdek

ishankem

cityhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 29, 2017, 04:43:19 pm
Regardless of what happened today, his name alone brings instant credibility to the staff. 

So did Coach Bret B

bigred223

Game was meaningless. He's not the best I the country, but he is better than anyone we've had in a long time.

Boarcephus

HogRockCafe

I'm just chalking it up to Wake Forest being fired up at the chance to beat an SEC team.  Makes me feel a little better.

Redhogs

Quote from: bigred223 on December 29, 2017, 05:08:22 pm
Game was meaningless. He's not the best I the country, but he is better than anyone we've had in a long time.
Based on what....his performance 10 freaking years ago. :o :o
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

shshark00

This is hilarious. It's not just about "one game" it's called a "trend", and for the last three (at least) years, Chavis' trend has been consistently down. He's taken top 15 recruiting classes and in the last three years finished with the scoring defenses of 28th, 40th, and now 81st.
But please, don't let facts (recent ones, not 15 year old Tennessee ones) get in the way of the spinners and sunshine pumpers that want to believe this would be some home run hire. Because it's simply not. Maybe 5+ years ago, but not now.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 29, 2017, 04:43:19 pm

Granny fan

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: cityhog on December 29, 2017, 04:22:22 pm
hahhahaah!  But, but, but. 'We're gonna get the best DC out there'. Lord. The kool aid that some of y'all drank on this whole mess of a hire is laughable.
I'm fine with everything Morris has said since he was hired, but this was the one line that I thought was over the top. 'We're going to hire the best defensive coordinator in the country'.

I know much of the initial wave of interviews is trying to sell yourself and excite the fans, but this went a little too far.

Very hard to get the BEST D-coordinator. Whoever that is, and wherever, they're probably not leaving their job and coming to Arkansas.

Bring Chavis in for $700K. If we pay A&M money, we will get robbed. In my opinion, no assistant is worth over a million $$$.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: shshark00 on December 29, 2017, 05:36:38 pm
This is hilarious. It's not just about "one game" it's called a "trend", and for the last three (at least) years, Chavis' trend has been consistently down. He's taken top 15 recruiting classes and in the last three years finished with the scoring defenses of 28th, 40th, and now 81st.
But please, don't let facts (recent ones, not 15 year old Tennessee ones) get in the way of the spinners and sunshine pumpers that want to believe this would be some home run hire. Because it's simply not. Maybe 5+ years ago, but not now.

Bash

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 29, 2017, 04:10:14 pm
Is Wake that good or is A&M that bad?

You think Chavis gives a crap about the Aggies at this point?  I hope he purposely put together a bad game plan on his way out.  I'd offer him an additional $500K a year just for shafting A&M on his way out.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

atekido

Snout team

Did Chavis get to choose his position coaches at A&M?  I assume he didn't since he was hired to an existing staff.

FOTH has pointed out the problems with our staff under BB getting their pieces of the puzzle but everyone trying to put together a different puzzle.

We will get to see what Chavis can do with his chosen position coaches.  That will prove one way or the other how good of a coach he still is.

I personally believe that will make a big difference.  This is especially true if CCM can develop a stable and committed atmosphere with players who buy in to what is being coached.

It appeared to me that the players in year 4 of B.B. Lost confidence in the system and coaching. 
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

247Hog

Maybe Chavis or some on the staff gave A&M a big F U after they've treated them like darn for 2 years.

Same people bitching and moaning about Chavis are the same ones that called for us to hire every coach that pulled out an upset this season.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Pork Twain

No team has ever checked out after a coaching change
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ambien_sky

Texas AM's defense did bad against wake forest,  and not only are the Chad Morris haters present,  but they are actually giddy to come on here and post their comments, bragging about how right they are,  as if this game as anything to do with how things will turn out here.

Again, as I have already posted,   Chad Morris and his incoming staff have not even coached one down of football at Arkansas,  and 'some' people are circling him like buzzards.  It makes no sense.

I think the gig is up.  These are Houston Nutt or Petrino flunkies,  still mad because they have lost access to the little bit of power they had under these coaches.  I would be willing to bet these are the same people who were tearing down Bielema before he even had a chance (and ended up doing pretty well for a little while) 

Come clean.  You all will feel better.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 29, 2017, 04:21:43 pm

Did he lose something, or did he just look better when his defense was made up of 4 and 5 star players?  That's what I'm worried about.  Is he good, or did he just coach good teams?  I don't know, but it sounds like we will find out.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 29, 2017, 10:02:55 pm
Did he lose something, or did he just look better when his defense was made up of 4 and 5 star players?  That's what I'm worried about.  Is he good, or did he just coach good teams?  I don't know, but it sounds like we will find out.

You may be on to something here.  I checked the three classes prior to his arrival and the three signed while he was there to see how many elite defensive players were available while he was there. 

More than we've ever had but still not as many elite players as I thought.  Because some of those never contributed.

The 2012, 2013, and 2014 classes, combined had 19 four star players. 

The 2015, 2016, and 2017 classes, combined had 12 four star and 1 five star players.