Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It struck me as... odd

Started by ambien_sky, December 29, 2017, 12:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Haters gonna hate

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 29, 2017, 08:49:13 am
I'm about the quickest to turn to the darkside.

But people glorifying him as the next bear Bryant AND the ones pushing gloom and doom are baffling to even myself. I'm already planning an April pilgrimage and hitting up the local Club meetings.  Something I haven't done in years.

Give him a chance.

I just wish he'd quit all the cutesie stuff.

Cutsie stuff? What exactly are you referring to?

Hogindasticks

Optimistc....one who hopes for optimism or wants to see positive results......Realist....one who waits for someone to fail....critical of the person who had yet to fail...but at some point will because no one is perfect.  The realistic person will be the first to tell you i told you so......sometimes because of the negativity that the realist conveyed....also known as a "hater"

jkstock04

Quote from: blu on December 29, 2017, 05:18:17 am
When all that is ever posted by some "realists" is negativity, no matter what, it tends to bring up the question of "why are you even a "fan"?". It just gets old after a while.
Check in on the last 6 years of the Razorback football program and get back to us. The people that have constantly tried to spin it into a positive are living in a fantasy land.

If something sucks, acknowledging that it does indeed suck doesn't make one less of a fan. It's really amazing to me that considering what this program has gone through during the integrity years...there are still many people like yourself that are mindboggled there are actually fans who don't like what has transpired.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogindasticks

Too bad only certain people on here get an opinion.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 29, 2017, 12:40:38 pm
I have this much figured out, yes.  Absolutely.  I've built two successful programs and I had to deal with this at both.  It's amazing how much better things get when you get rid of the people that have this mentality.  I've seen it in countless other places, advised friends dealing with it at their programs, you name it.  It's real, it's a problem, and the symptoms are literally ALL OVER this message board.

well we should just all shut up then.  The "programs you built"  were those SEC, Big 10, ACC?   or do you mean you appeased Norbert and Cletus at the coffee shop at the intersection of nowhere.
Let's make some waves.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: clew on December 29, 2017, 09:05:06 am
A realist lives in a very narrow band between an optimist and a pessimist. There are very few realists on this board.
I'll go further and say there are no realists on this board. We are all huge fans who live in a "fan"tasyland known as Hogville.

Justagp

Quote from: Mike_e on December 29, 2017, 05:35:08 am
Aaaaaand a good one.

Reality as far as we humans go is simply seeing something for what it is as opposed to projecting expectations onto it.

The reality of the Chad Morris Razorback era is that we do not yet know how it will turn out.
True

VBMark

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 29, 2017, 06:11:54 am
Well, in case you haven't been paying attention, unless a decent coach had a gun held to his head we haven't gotten the best coaching candidates available , anyway. And neither of these two hires (HC, DC) have given me reason to think that will be changing in the near future.

Sorry others decrying the use of "haters" on this thread, but saying Morris isn't a decent coach-not a great one or even a good one, but just decent-is the sign of a hater. IMHO, Morris was one of the top three or four available, if you include Chip Kelly and Jimbo Fisher.

Now, that said, the Hogs are likely to be 5-7 or 6-6 next year due to the change in playing style. It will be a dramatic change like it was when Petrino got here.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

SPAL

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 10:55:51 am
Working in profession like that doesn't mean one has to be that way off the job.

I worked in hotel/restaurants for thirty years. They have to be kept spotless and sanitized. My house and kitchen are not that way all the time.

Absolutely. I work in the same field he does. I'm not sure what his title is, but if I had my guess, it's the same or similar to mine. And we probably work in the same setting.

And I'm a very positive person who enjoys life and loves being around other people. I don't crap on people who aspire for greatness, I try to help them cultivate it . I spend less time here than before because it's hard to be a positive person when you're around negativity so much. I had noticed myself getting angry just by reading this board. It's just not worth it.

jkstock04

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 29, 2017, 10:35:38 am
To the realists,

Why do anything?  You're just going to die and it isn't going to matter.  That is the truth.  We are here a short, what, 80 years?  Keeping in mind how long the earth and even universe has been here,  that is like a flash of lightning in a summer storm cloud.  It doesn't matter one bit.  Even your loved ones that remember and miss you,  they will also die in a short few years,  and then that will even be lost. 

Expanding outside earth's orbit, into the universe,   we have the vastness of space -  infinity.   We are one of billions of planets, inside one of billions of galaxies (that mathematically must have other life)   out in the unknown universe.  Our entire Galaxy is but a grain of sand on a beach.  It doesn't matter in the least to anything.   

Eventually,  the sun is going to become a red giant,  go supernova,  and explode -  destroying the earth and galaxy.  The light will be a tiny flash in space,  as everything humans have ever done here is erased.   

So,  to the realists,   why even live at all?
So your overall point is...what is the point of living if you are going to view negative situations as negative?

You wanna talk about negativity...go back the past few years and look at posts of the homers/optimists towards those who didn't think Bielema was the guy. Extremely vile and hate filled rhetoric. If you could go back and listen to Bo Mattingly on the radio during his "Being Bret Bielema" days it would be the same ****** thing. That's what breeds a lot of this negativity...people taking shots at each other in an "I told you so" way. These people know who they are...I see a few in this thread. Now of course whining about the negativity....in truth they probably hate the reminder about how dead wrong they were much more so than the perceived negativity.

You wanna get down to it...those that view the past 6 years of the Razorback football program in a positive manner don't have a real good grasp at actual reality. But according to your logic, to call a spade a spade and acknowledge that Jeff Long and in turn Bret Bielema did in fact do serious damage to the football program...one shouldn't even want to go on with life lol. What kind of logic is that?

Sometimes I wonder how in the holy hell some of you people get through life with your careers/jobs. If I took on a career and for 5 years straight completely failed...epic proportions wise in comparison to my competition and peers, went under/bankrupt etc. that would not be a positive thing. But, according to your logic (and many others on here) something like that should be viewed as a positive thing. I could point the finger right back at you and say "why would you want to go through life like that?"

Now, with all that said...Jeff Long and Bret Bielema are no longer here to continue wrecking the program. In my opinion, that is reason to rejoice...clean slate!! We will see what happens from here. Thing is, you will always have a certain % or people who are going to be unhappy. There are some people (some of them homers mind you) who to this day lament years like 2010 and 2011.

But for you to basically have the attitude everyone should be positive about the last 6 years or otherwise why want to live? I just don't get that line of thinking.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

racinghog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 29, 2017, 12:18:54 pm
I will tell you what it is.  Exactly what it is.  I've been around it a lot and had a heck of a time cutting it out at the root.

It's loser mentality.

These people know the most likely outcome is that it won't work out and they will be disappointed in the end.  They know this because it's the way it's always been in their life.  Things didn't work out for them, so they gave up in every future thing they did, leading to it never working out in any of those things either.  Meaning everything in their life has mysteriously not worked out.  They develop the defense mechanism (also simultaneously ensuring their own failure) of complaining and criticizing everything constantly from the outset.  That way, when it inevitably doesn't work out in the end, they are there to say "I told you so."  It's the only source of pride they can generate in their lives and the only way they've figured out that will make them feel a little bit better.

It's loser mentality.  If you want to win, you have to get rid of it.  Plain and simple.
Didn't you post another thread where you talked to someone close to the Clemson program. And half of that report was negatives about our new coach? If so you deal in negatives also.

ambien_sky

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 30, 2017, 09:14:08 am
So your overall point is...what is the point of living if you are going to view negative situations as negative?

You wanna talk about negativity...go back the past few years and look at posts of the homers/optimists towards those who didn't think Bielema was the guy. Extremely vile and hate filled rhetoric. If you could go back and listen to Bo Mattingly on the radio during his "Being Bret Bielema" days it would be the same ****** thing. That's what breeds a lot of this negativity...people taking shots at each other in an "I told you so" way. These people know who they are...I see a few in this thread. Now of course whining about the negativity....in truth they probably hate the reminder about how dead wrong they were much more so than the perceived negativity.

You wanna get down to it...those that view the past 6 years of the Razorback football program in a positive manner don't have a real good grasp at actual reality. But according to your logic, to call a spade a spade and acknowledge that Jeff Long and in turn Bret Bielema did in fact do serious damage to the football program...one shouldn't even want to go on with life lol. What kind of logic is that?

Sometimes I wonder how in the holy hell some of you people get through life with your careers/jobs. If I took on a career and for 5 years straight completely failed...epic proportions wise in comparison to my competition and peers, went under/bankrupt etc. that would not be a positive thing. But, according to your logic (and many others on here) something like that should be viewed as a positive thing. I could point the finger right back at you and say "why would you want to go through life like that?"

Now, with all that said...Jeff Long and Bret Bielema are no longer here to continue wrecking the program. In my opinion, that is reason to rejoice...clean slate!! We will see what happens from here. Thing is, you will always have a certain % or people who are going to be unhappy. There are some people (some of them homers mind you) who to this day lament years like 2010 and 2011.

But for you to basically have the attitude everyone should be positive about the last 6 years or otherwise why want to live? I just don't get that line of thinking.

First off,  Bielema was a great hire on paper.  He was a very successful coach at Wisconsin,  and many experts even called him the best hire of any college football team at the time.  Also,  in the beginning,  the first 3 years,  he was building the team well.  He assembled a great staff,  built a great offensive line,  and was recruiting at a pretty high level.  There was every reason to be optimistic.

The reason some of the negative Bielema people were scolded was because,  well,  they deserved it.  They didn't give him a chance.  They were ready eat him alive the day he started,  and he took a lot of crap from people that he didn't deserve.  He did well in the beginning, and represented the University well -  and I still think without all the injuries this last season, things would have been different.  Arkansas is not deep enough to handle that many injuries.

My argument was not against the entire existence of the Razorback football team.  My argument was against the people 'already' being negative before Chad Morris has even coached one game at Arkansas.  It's almost as if they are hoping he fails.  It's these kind of 'realists' that are getting very old,  and it's growing tiresome. 

racinghog

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 30, 2017, 05:02:55 pm

First off,  Bielema was a great hire on paper.  He was a very successful coach at Wisconsin,  and many experts even called him the best hire of any college football team at the time.  Also,  in the beginning,  the first 3 years,  he was building the team well.  He assembled a great staff,  built a great offensive line,  and was recruiting at a pretty high level.  There was every reason to be optimistic.

The reason some of the negative Bielema people were scolded was because,  well,  they deserved it.  They didn't give him a chance.  They were ready eat him alive the day he started,  and he took a lot of crap from people that he didn't deserve.  He did well in the beginning, and represented the University well -  and I still think without all the injuries this last season, things would have been different.  Arkansas is not deep enough to handle that many injuries.

My argument was not against the entire existence of the Razorback football team.  My argument was against the people 'already' being negative before Chad Morris has even coached one game at Arkansas.  It's almost as if they are hoping he fails.  It's these kind of 'realists' that are getting very old,  and it's growing tiresome. 
I do not remember anyone being negative toward CBB when he was hired. There were those then, as they are now, that wanted someone else (Gruden?) and may have voiced some displeasure. But no one could argue with his record or his history or his demeanor.

There are some parallels to this hire in that many here thought it was a sure thing that Gus (a proven winner in the SEC) was coming home. When that didn't happen some then didn't know how to voice their disappointment. So the new object was and is the "other guy" to which they spew their vitriol.

There are also some things that do not run parallel. Experience (both as a player and coach), record, philosophy, and on and on. There just wasn't much to complain about the hiring of CBB. Now after 5 years, wellllll......

The short of this is I think you may have been told some things that are not entirely accurate.   

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: racinghog on December 30, 2017, 02:12:00 pm
Didn't you post another thread where you talked to someone close to the Clemson program. And half of that report was negatives about our new coach? If so you deal in negatives also.

woosh
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PonderinHog

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2017, 09:22:21 am
So when a heart surgeon tells you that you have severe left main disease and three other blockages that you're only option for survival is bypass surgery? Him being a realist is being a negative nanny?

Or an oncologist telling you that you have a cancer that has a 50% chance of living. Him being a realist is being a negative nanny?

Guess physicians diagnosing people with up front realism on a daily basis are just negative nanny's.

Some people live in a rose colored world. Other's choose to see what they want. You're a non believer correct? You should understand all of this perfectly.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder. Neither is right or wrong.
Here's a friendly word of advice.  If your doctor tells you that you only have a year to live, tell him you can't pay him.  He'll give you another year to live.