Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching Mizzou vs Texas

Started by checkraiser88, December 27, 2017, 10:37:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Is it a safe bet that Morris will bring in something as good or better than the Tigers offensive scheme?

factchecker

Coach Morris vs. tom herman (with Orlando at DC) when herman was at Houston and they were ranked #11 in the nation:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

PorkSoda

Mizzou is their own worst enemy in this game
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

King Kong

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 27, 2017, 10:56:06 pm
Mizzou is their own worst enemy in this game

Is just hope Drew Lock goes pro

tennesseehogwild

The real Missouri Tigers showed up tonight!

onebadrubi

Did mizzou beat any P5 team this year with a .500 or better record. 

Jborohog09

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 27, 2017, 11:30:49 pm

0-6 against bowl teams.

bphi11ips

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 10:59:31 pm
Is just hope Drew Lock goes pro

He'll be back.  He can't wind up like that in the NFL. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 27, 2017, 11:30:49 pm

No. 7-0 vs teams with losing records,
0-6 vs teams with winning records.
Their wins came over teams with a combined record of 27-55.
Their best win was vs 5-7 Vandy,
they had 4 wins vs 4-7 or 4-8 teams and 2 vs 3-8 or 3-9 teams.
Two of their foes only played 11 games, Mo. St. and UF.

I hope the obnoxious, drunken jack@ss Mizzou fan who sat in the outdoor SE endzone seats against us made the trip to Houston to watch..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

LRRandy

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 27, 2017, 11:49:34 pm
No. 7-0 vs teams with losing records,
0-6 vs teams with winning records.
Their wins came over teams with a combined record of 27-55.
Their best win was vs 5-7 Vandy,
they had 4 wins vs 4-7 or 4-8 teams and 2 vs 3-8 or 3-9 teams.
Two of their foes only played 11 games, Mo. St. and UF.

I hope the obnoxious, drunken jack@ss Mizzou fan who sat in the outdoor SE endzone seats against us made the trip to Houston to watch..
exactly right. Their bowl eligibility is a mirage.
This is fun, isn't it.

King Kong

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 27, 2017, 11:41:19 pm

You may want to do more research. NFL scouts love him.

Also his throwing motion is much faster than say Carson Weintz and we see how high he was drafted

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/watch-dan-patrick-reveals-conversation-nfl-scout-loves-drew-lock/

HogCzar1

I have a feeling that Lock will be back. I am not so sure about the receiver, Moore.

Mizzou looked totally out of synch, especially in the first half. Poor field position, but some conservative play calling also.

bphi11ips

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 11:55:39 pm

Also his throwing motion is much faster than say Carson Weintz and we see how high he was drafted

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/watch-dan-patrick-reveals-conversation-nfl-scout-loves-drew-lock/

We'll see I guess, won't we?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BR

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 11:55:39 pm

He got his grades back from the NFL, told him he needed another year in College...  Now does he listen.. I think it all depends on who MU hires as new OC..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Snout team

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 27, 2017, 11:59:59 pm
I have a feeling that Lock will be back. I am not so sure about the receiver, Moore.

Mizzou looked totally out of synch, especially in the first half. Poor field position, but some conservative play calling also.

Moore has the worst hands on the team.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

BigSexyHog

Mizzou coaches and players had some serious money on Texass last night.  That was the biggest F'in give up in a bowl game as I have ever seen.  They threw that game from the start. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

LRRandy

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 28, 2017, 07:38:50 am
Mizzou coaches and players had some serious money on Texass last night.  That was the biggest F'in give up in a bowl game as I have ever seen.  They threw that game from the start.
oh, I wouldn't say that. It was a bad sec team starting bowl season 0-1 for the conference.
This is fun, isn't it.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Biggest?  I didn't watch it but that's gotta be bad if it was worse than us at the Belk bowl.

JethroB.

I don't know how the Mizzou QB put up the yards he did this year.....those receivers couldn't catch a cold.

hogsanity

Quote from: LRRandy on December 27, 2017, 11:52:42 pm
exactly right. Their bowl eligibility is a mirage.

Which is why some have correctly pointed out how the schedule is maybe the most overlooked item when trying to compare programs. Mizzu may have been the worst bowl team in the entire bowl season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

clew

Not even close.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Cotton_Bowl_Classic

38-7

I HATE missouri (and Nutt, and Herring...)
Pure as the dawn

onebadrubi

Quote from: JethroB. on December 28, 2017, 08:24:53 am
I don't know how the Mizzou QB put up the yards he did this year.....those receivers couldn't catch a cold.

You see this more often than you'd expect in bowl games.  The time off sets timing offenses off and sometime skill players lose a touch.

jackflash

I hope Lock goes pro he's that good

rtr

If they played again, Mizzou would win.  Mizzou shot themselves in the foot all night.  I will say these Longhorns are different than the ones we played 3 years ago.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rtr on December 28, 2017, 10:23:36 am
If they played again, Mizzou would win.  Mizzou shot themselves in the foot all night.  I will say these Longhorns are different than the ones we played 3 years ago.

Yep 4 turnovers will do that.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRRandy

this is always an interesting narrative. Easy to say, hard to prove. I think Texas would beat them by more if they played again. The results from a season of losing to anyone with a pulse and only beating weak/no bowl teams points to my thought being more accurate than yours.
This is fun, isn't it.

Pa-Paw

My understanding is that Texas played without 6 or 7 of their first teamers. At full strength it would have been an even worse beating. That and Missouri has a long history of losing to Texas. It was pretty obvious that Missouri was mentally defeated when they took the field.

BigE_23

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 27, 2017, 11:41:19 pm

Blaine Gabbert did.

ChicoHog

I think they are pretty evenly matched teams.  Turnovers and WRs dropping passes killed Mizzou.  Texas is better defensively than most of the teams the Tigers played.  Longhorns offense still not very good.

SemperHawg

With the changing of the landscape as far as draft prospects sitting out these lower tier bowl games (and by the way, who could blame them for sitting these games out) it is really hard to get an accurate read on who is the better team.   Texas had all kinds of dudes "forego" the bowl game last night.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think you will see much more of Texas being in lower tier bowls going forward with Herman.

LRRandy

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 28, 2017, 02:32:19 pm
I think they are pretty evenly matched teams.  Turnovers and WRs dropping passes killed Mizzou.  Texas is better defensively than most of the teams the Tigers played.  Longhorns offense still not very good.
agree. It was a middle of the pack sec team being outclassed by a middle of the pack big 12 team without many of its starters.
This is fun, isn't it.

rude1

Lucky for Mo. they didn't win that game or they would have to extend Odom's contract to 6 years at 4 million a season with a 15 million dollar buy out.

Snout team

Quote from: rude1 on December 28, 2017, 04:45:02 pm
Lucky for Mo. they didn't win that game or they would have to extend Odom's contract to 6 years at 4 million a season with a 15 million dollar buy out.

Only if he was flirting with Nebraska  ::)
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

rude1

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 28, 2017, 04:48:01 pm
Only if he was flirting with Nebraska  ::)
Oh yeah, and have the greatest AD in the country to proclaim "we are ahead of schedule" as he inks him to that much earned long term deal!!!!!

Dr. Starcs

And Tom Herman acting like a jackass on the sideline.

LRRandy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 28, 2017, 05:23:17 pm
And Tom Herman acting like a jackass on the sideline.
he was mocking what Lock had done earlier in the game. He was clowning around to get a laugh from his players. Be careful what you say about Herman. You know he invented MENSA
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LRRandy on December 28, 2017, 05:38:01 pm
he was mocking what Lock had done earlier in the game. He was clowning around to get a laugh from his players. Be careful what you say about Herman. You know he invented MENSA
Man, I hope that ain't contagious!   :o

LRRandy

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 28, 2017, 06:22:05 pm
Man, I hope that ain't contagious!   :o
as much as I studied I was never able to catch it
This is fun, isn't it.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: LRRandy on December 28, 2017, 05:38:01 pm

Drew Lock is 20. Tom Herman is a millionaire 40 something year old jackass.

kp72204

Quote from: RazorbackToTheFuture on December 28, 2017, 07:53:30 am
Biggest?  I didn't watch it but that's gotta be bad if it was worse than us at the Belk bowl.
My thoughts exactly

kp72204

We seem to be discussing Mizzou more these days. A rivalry between us is growing. How sad this is where we rank at the moment!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 28, 2017, 06:53:26 pm
Drew Lock is 20. Tom Herman is a millionaire 40 something year old jackass.

Wow, just watched that.  Herman is a joke.  So is the whole state of Texas though (where the Longhorns are concerned).  There is a reason no one else likes them and everyone laughs at them. 
Retired Radio Host