Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herbert to Michigan?

Started by checkraiser88, December 27, 2017, 05:11:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Did I hear that on the radio correct? Have they lost their minds?

ricepig

It's Harbaugh, he lost his mind years ago.

checkraiser88

Yep according to Biddy he's taking the same position at Michigan

BOAR_N2BWILD

Now Harbaugh will whine and complain about every call AND every player will have a broken foot.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

King Kong

Herb was never the problem here

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

checkraiser88

HogPharmer

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 05:28:12 pm

He may not have been the main problem here. But he was definitely part of the problem.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 247Hog on December 27, 2017, 05:30:09 pm
FIFY  :)

I think you are wrong. Herbert did what Bielema wanted done.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2017, 05:33:27 pm
He may not have been the main problem here. But he was definitely part of the problem.

He may have came with the problem but he wasn't the problem. You recruit slow kids you get slow kids

elksnort

It's interesting when he first became the strength and conditioning coach at Arkansas, he was like the greatest thing since sliced bread according to hogville.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on December 27, 2017, 05:39:37 pm
It's interesting when he first became the strength and conditioning coach at Arkansas, he was like the greatest thing since sliced bread according to hogville.

So will the new guy!

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2017, 05:42:27 pm
So will the new guy!
Lol! I'm sure the new guy will be a combination of Jack LaLanne Arnold Schwarzenegger and some Navy SEAL

King Kong

Correct

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 27, 2017, 05:34:04 pm

Make people slower and fat?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Boog41

With each S/C coach that has been hired since hogville was born, each has been the greatest and became the worst by the time they left. Would be pretty easy to find all of the old threads.

checkraiser88

IronHog

Quote from: Boog41 on December 27, 2017, 05:52:21 pm
With each S/C coach that has been hired since hogville was born, each has been the greatest and became the worst by the time they left. Would be pretty easy to find all of the old threads.

Petrino's guy was very, very good

cardinalandwhite

As is tradition.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Peter Porker

Facts. Every. Single. Time.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

SamBuckhart

I sort of liked it when the freaks came out.  Maybe more better this new feller. WPS!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

870hogfan

East Clintwood

Before sliced bread, what was the greatest thing?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

onebadrubi

IronHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 27, 2017, 06:07:14 pm
You would say that.

His teams were in great football shape.  Major Reason they won the close games B.B. seemed to lose.

Just call it like I see it.

Mjs84

Gonzo

That's pretty much any coach for any sport, and I suspect HV is not out of the mainstream in that regard. Such is the nature of fandom in the internet age.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 27, 2017, 06:09:51 pm

Bread, duh.    Or beer.

I vote beer

Go Hogs!

SultanofSwine

I believe the correct answer may be next to your question.

AirWarren

Yes. His quality of work is irreplaceable.

King Kong

Quote from: IronHog on December 27, 2017, 05:54:11 pm

Petrino's guy was very, very good

Must have Missed the Hogville threads kicking him out the way out

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 27, 2017, 05:34:04 pm

He will be a good fit back in the Big Ten.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

IronHog

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 06:56:05 pm
Must have Missed the Hogville threads kicking him out the way out

Probably

They were wrong though

Herb has been bad for whatever reason. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

thebignasty

Veltcamp, right?

We weren't a super physical team under Petrino, but we were fast.  It worked.  Hard to criticize.

hog.goblin

This.  He accomplished exactly what his boss wanted.  His players achieved better results when better assistant coaches were on the staff.

twistitup

Has it not been announced? From what I read, the old guy was fired but a new hire hasn't been made yet. Looks like the S&C coach from Stanford turned down Mich in 2015...nobody wants to work for Harbaugh -
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

King Kong

Quote from: twistitup on December 27, 2017, 08:28:35 pm
Has it not been announced? From what I read, the old guy was fired but a new hire hasn't been made yet. Looks like the S&C coach from Stanford turned down Mich in 2015...nobody wants to work for Harbaugh -

Lol, well the Stanford S&C coach was hired at Stanford by Harbaugh.

Maybe he just didn't want to leave California for Michigan. I know I wouldn't

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 08:36:34 pm
Lol, well the Stanford S&C coach was hired at Stanford by Harbaugh.

Maybe he just didn't want to leave California for Michigan. I know I wouldn't

My son lives only about 30 miles south of the Stanford campus. I'd consider living in Ann Arbor over Palo Alto.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 27, 2017, 08:39:28 pm
My son lives only about 30 miles south of the Stanford campus. I'd consider living in Ann Arbor over Palo Alto.

You been to Ann Arbor in the winter?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on December 27, 2017, 08:44:38 pm
You been to Ann Arbor in the winter?

Yes I have. Been on the campus there. I worked in Romulus in the middle of winter. I admit that year it was a mild winter. Winter doesn't bother me too much. We used to ski a lot. Actually did so while working up there.

Have you ever tried to pay for a decent house in Palo Alto or for that matter anywhere else in the Bay area. 

Hog N Bama

A whole loaf with a knife

Hoggish1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 27, 2017, 05:11:39 pm
Did I hear that on the radio correct? Have they lost their minds?

After he gets through with them, it will have been confirmed.

Hoggish1

SooieGeneris

Herbert was good at making some guys look like body builders. Ever seen a body builder win a footrace? Me neither. I nearly got whiplash watching SEC WRs, RBs and QBs running right by our DBs and LBs who weren't slow when they got here..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

King Kong

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 27, 2017, 08:55:18 pm
Yes I have. Been on the campus there. I worked in Romulus in the middle of winter. I admit that year it was a mild winter. Winter doesn't bother me too much. We used to ski a lot. Actually did so while working up there.

Have you ever tried to pay for a decent house in Palo Alto or for that matter anywhere else in the Bay area.

Stronger man than I. It's sucked when I was there

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 27, 2017, 09:08:22 pm
The freaks with come out... LMAO

I half way expected someone to splice Richard Simmons onto the end of that.  "OK now that we have that out of the way lets work on flexibility!"

Scott7703

May not deserve all the blame but he deserves some for sure. Guys got heavier and slower under Herbert.