Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Steven Jones

Started by Caribhog, December 15, 2017, 11:56:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkerpower

He is a born leader. His will to win rubs off on his teammates.

DNA is the truth.

Highway Hog Sign

Has he been offered a scholarship or would he blue shirt?
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

texas tush hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 23, 2017, 10:59:07 am
After what i saw last night i hope coach Morris gives this kid a full ride. he was flat out unreal in this game. yes he is small.but Doug Flutie,Drew Brees and Manziel were small. this kid has something you can not teach.smarts,talent,and he is a winner.the talent is there. the only question is the size. i say let's take a chance on him.he could turn out not so good. but he also could turn out to be the next Baker Mayfield. it's worth the chance in my opinion.the kid plays 5A ball in texas.he passed for 564 yards and 4 touchdowns. i watched that game last night and was amazed at how good he is.i hope this kid picks Arkansas. let him come here and compete for the job.

Been knowing this for two years. Ya'll are late to the party. Just call him John Stephen Football. Morris son is his backup so he knows what I know.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 23, 2017, 11:55:58 am
Has he been offered a scholarship or would he blue shirt?

I'm not sure whether his daddy and grandpa can afford for him to walk on or not. LOL

pignparadise

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 23, 2017, 11:44:21 am
How is the Saustad kid not being recruited? He really stood out to me. 6-5 Sr TE with over 1500 yds receiving and 22 TDs.
He is an elite lacrosse player going to Virginia.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: YoMama on December 23, 2017, 09:19:51 am
JSJ made front page of ESPN today

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21851853/grandson-dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-leads-highland-park-another-state-title-texas
well, Im sure its been mentioned but just imagine the publicity Ark would get if Jerrah Jones's grandson were to be the QB at his alma mater and run Chad Morris's offense and be something like a JManziel or BMayfield (not saying he would be as good as those Heisman Trophy winners).  Ark would be on ESPN all the time with Jerrah in attendance at many of our games.  Just think of how it could effect recruiting if he were to come and the buzz it could create.

Now he would have to perform cause CCM is trying to build something and he cannot get the QB role just because of his last name, but man oh man it would have Arkansas being talked about and highlights being shown much more if JSJ were to be able to run CCM's offense and win some games. 

I know he seems small, but Highland Park football is not 2A Earle Arkansas football.  Manvel had several D1 (I know we dont call them that anymore) players on their team and JSJ put up over 550 yards on them by himself.   That shows heart and smarts.  We need that at UA

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 23, 2017, 11:56:10 am

Been knowing this for two years. Ya'll are late to the party. Just call him John Stephen Football. Morris son is his backup so he knows what I know.
hey TTH, do you think JSJ could play in the SEC with the speed that he would face?  I like that John Stephen Football moniker you give him.  I hope that means he has that kind of skills.  Since you have been on him for a couple of years, you really think he is legit?

I lived in Austin for a couple years back in the late 80s and I know about Tex high school FB.  Highland Park is no slouch.   Manvel has talent. This is somewhat bigtime Tex high school ball, right?  HPark is 5A???  What does Tex go up to 6A or 7A?

Hogfan46

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 23, 2017, 12:13:59 pm
hey TTH, do you think JSJ could play in the SEC with the speed that he would face?  I like that John Stephen Football moniker you give him.  I hope that means he has that kind of skills.  Since you have been on him for a couple of years, you really think he is legit?

I lived in Austin for a couple years back in the late 80s and I know about Tex high school FB.  Highland Park is no slouch.   Manvel has talent. This is somewhat bigtime Tex high school ball, right?  HPark is 5A???  What does Tex go up to 6A or 7A?

Texas goes up to 6A. There are 2 divisions in both 5A and 6A based on school enrollment.
Highland Park is the 5A div 1 champ.
The 5A div 2 and both 6A div championship games are being played today at Jerry World.
Fox Sports Southwest is televising them all.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Hogfan46 on December 23, 2017, 12:19:38 pm
Texas goes up to 6A. There are 2 divisions in both 5A and 6A based on school enrollment.
Highland Park is the 5A div 1 champ.
The 5A div 2 and both 6A div championship games are being played today at Jerry World.
Fox Sports Southwest is televising them all.
cool.  Thank you sir.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 23, 2017, 11:58:39 am
I'm not sure whether his daddy and grandpa can afford for him to walk on or not. LOL
Well I'm kinda thinking between the family connection, their obvious ability to pay, and the fact he's not highly rated...maybe he can blue shirt? I want him but we are light on scholarships so maybe he can take one for the team
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

pignparadise

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 23, 2017, 12:22:37 pm
Well I'm kinda thinking between the family connection, their obvious ability to pay, and the fact he's not highly rated...maybe he can blue shirt? I want him but we are light on scholarships so maybe he can take one for the team
Give the boy a full ride. He has a greater upside in life than any three star  recruit we will offer. If he makes it great if not we have cemented the family relationship for another generation
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 23, 2017, 12:22:37 pm

I believe Texas Tech has offered him a scholarship. Do we really want him to be a Texas Tech alum?

imtad16

"My family supports me, but I'm out here working hard and when I get the label of 'grandson of this, grandson of that, he's given everything,' that's not true." -John Stephen Jones.

It seems weird to say about a kid from such a privileged background , but because of lack of scholarships and what has been said about him his whole life he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder his whole career.

Think about this he had a 61 TD to 4 INT TD-INT ratio this season. That is crazy. He plays in Texas against top programs and talent all the time. Just last night Manvel has three going to A&M and one each to Penn State, Missouri, Navy and North Texas. I really hope he ends up in Fayetteville. There is a chance he could be special in CM's offense. I'd love to see him at least have the shot to compete at QB. He is just a playmaker so i could see him as an asset on the team at another position as well.

Pudgepork

Not predicting either to end up at arkansas but wondered if JSJ becomes a hog how it would impact Grunnels decision.  AR has had several stretches where they were thin at the qb position.  Now they find themselves with numerous options and possibly a couple more.

Since CM offered another qb, I'm wondering if he already knows JSJ will go elsewhere to make a name outside his grand pa and dad's shadow. 

imtad16

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 23, 2017, 12:53:26 pm
Not predicting either to end up at arkansas but wondered if JSJ becomes a hog how it would impact Grunnels decision.  AR has had several stretches where they were thin at the qb position.  Now they find themselves with numerous options and possibly a couple more.

Since CM offered another qb, I'm wondering if he already knows JSJ will go elsewhere to make a name outside his grand pa and dad's shadow. 

John Stephen on Arkansas...

"Yeah, that's my school, for sure," he said. "I'd like to end up there. If I ever get a chance to play at Arkansas, that's for sure where I'd be going."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-offers-qb-john-stephen-jones-grandson-jerry-jones

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2017, 09:22:37 am
By like 4 inches and 40 lbs
lol wut?? Since when is Brees 6'2"?

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 23, 2017, 12:37:26 pm
I believe Texas Tech has offered him a scholarship. Do we really want him to be a Texas Tech alum?
I said I wanted him so maybe you already know the answer

Dominicanhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 12:20:02 am
JSJ's numbers for the year are off the chart video game numbers.  He's just not very big.  Bigger than Doug Flutie.

That's who he reminds me of... just bigger...

TebowHater

Quote from: imtad16 on December 23, 2017, 01:14:04 pm
John Stephen on Arkansas...

"Yeah, that's my school, for sure," he said. "I'd like to end up there. If I ever get a chance to play at Arkansas, that's for sure where I'd be going."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-offers-qb-john-stephen-jones-grandson-jerry-jones

FWIW, it was 10 months ago when he said that. The article above was recent but the quote was from a while ago before he had this awesome season. Not saying it changes anything, but it might.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-jerry-jones-john-stephen-jones

hawgbawb

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 08:56:34 am
Pretty cool that Stephen Jones' son goes to public school.  Highland Park is nice, but it's still public.
Except you gotta be a millionaire to live there.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Soooie21

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 23, 2017, 01:21:32 pm
lol wut?? Since when is Brees 6'2"?
I would think Jones still has some growing to do...

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Soooie21 on December 23, 2017, 02:51:26 pm
I would think Jones still has some growing to do...
Me too,  Point is the other dude was saying that Jones is 4 inches shorter than Brees.

Brees is at best 5'11", so unless jones' is 5'7" his comment is ludicrous...

woodrow hog call

The pass he completed on 4th and 15 during the final drive was crazy, 28 yard gain but he threw it from the left hash to the right boundary. His vision is uncanny.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Soooie21

5'10",,,165 is what he is listed...

texas tush hog

Quote from: Soooie21 on December 23, 2017, 05:12:31 pm
5'10",,,165 is what he is listed...

5'11" 175 actually; the above was his junior year. I am six foot even and he looks me in the eye. Incidentally last night was the second sraight year he carried the team on his back to the state championship. When you watch him in person you will be impressed.

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 23, 2017, 08:45:29 am
Johnny football without the baggage...

All you need now is two NFL OTs and a go up and get it WR to throw up lame ducks to.....

Thank goodness aTm didn't have a good QB on that offense

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 23, 2017, 12:09:35 pm

I know he seems small, but Highland Park football is not 2A Earle Arkansas football. 

Because everyone in rural Arkansas is 5-2 and runs a 6.0 flat 🙄

hawgon

In 5A and 6A there aren't divisions until the playoffs are seeded.  The top four teams in each district get in the playoffs.  The two teams with the highest enrollment go into Division 1 and the two with the lowest in Division II.  It has happened before that the Division II champion will have a larger enrollment than the Division I champion.  Tonight they were talking about one of these teams going into Division II by one student.

In all the other classifications the districts are realigned every two years and they are assigned divisions at that time.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: pignparadise on December 23, 2017, 12:35:50 pm
Give the boy a full ride. He has a greater upside in life than any three star  recruit we will offer. If he makes it great if not we have cemented the family relationship for another generation

Why..!? For pride's sake? I don't get it. If it were your kid and you could throw around MILLIONS of dollars would you not be happy to pay to send him to your alma mater?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

searkhogfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2017, 09:22:37 am
By like 4 inches and 40 lbs

According to their measurables.  It's 2" & 30lbs

IronHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 23, 2017, 09:39:02 pm
Why..!? For pride's sake? I don't get it. If it were your kid and you could throw around MILLIONS of dollars would you not be happy to pay to send him to your alma mater?

Not the way it works

Walk ons are second class citizens

Tortfeasor

247 show him as a 3 star now. Wasn't he a 2 star a few days ago?

RedyorNot

Just get him on campus IMO. That fire and refusal to lay down he showed last night will pay off in spades on the field and the locker room

Albert Einswine

I was impressed with his game. Especially his ability to escape. Defenders in his grill throughout and he still put up obscene numbers.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hview

Wow, I watched the 2nd half.  That young man is dynamite. He competed and won against top talent in Texas week after week. Back to back state championship. He's an amazing QB. I don't care if some think he is undersized, he's a warrior and leader on the field.  He's earned the right to get a scholarship and shouldn't feel at all that it's because of his Grandpa.

EastTNHog

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 23, 2017, 02:17:22 pm
Except you gotta be a millionaire to live there.
Yeah Highland Park is filthy. "Public school" where the median family income is 300k

blu

Reminds me a lot of 2X Heisman finalist Chase Daniel at Mizzou. Still a backup in the NFL and a heck of a college QB.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Soooie21

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 23, 2017, 06:39:15 pm

5'11" 175 actually; the above was his junior year. I am six foot even and he looks me in the eye. Incidentally last night was the second sraight year he carried the team on his back to the state championship. When you watch him in person you will be impressed.
Alright, even better....I live in Mckinney, I have been to a few games...he is the real deal...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 23, 2017, 10:09:02 pm
247 show him as a 3 star now. Wasn't he a 2 star a few days ago?
he went to three the day after we offered him . we have arrived? lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Science Fiction Greg

December 24, 2017, 09:16:29 am #139 Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:33:25 pm by Possible Oatmeal
He just got a lot better that day.  You know practiced outside with the old tire swing for a couple of hours.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Hoginsavga

I don't recall who said it but a well known coach once said "it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that matters most".  Get the young man on campus with a scholarship.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 23, 2017, 11:44:21 am
How is the Saustad kid not being recruited? He really stood out to me. 6-5 Sr TE with over 1500 yds receiving and 22 TDs.
he is an animal. He is the #8 player in the country in Lacrosse, though. So he's off to play lacrosse as a future star at Virginia.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 24, 2017, 09:16:29 am
He just got a lot better that day.  You now practiced outside with the old tire swing for a couple of hours.
ladders
@Slackaveli

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: IronHog on December 23, 2017, 07:02:38 pm

Because everyone in rural Arkansas is 5-2 and runs a 6.0 flat 🙄
went back and read my post that you responded to and what I said didnt make any sense.  What I meant was that even though JSJ seems small by SEC standards, he has been competing in a much better division of high school football than G Bohanon did at Earle.  I am from eastern Ark and know exactly where Earle is and without disrespecting Bohanon, 2A football in Ark compared to 5A high school football in Texas is just no comparison.  JSJ may be small, but what he has shown on the field for going on 2 years now is that he has smarts and has heart. 
Heck, why not give the kid a schollie?  Its not like he had ONE big game.  He has led his team to 2 straight 5A championships in Texas.  Thats pretty stout.

IronHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 24, 2017, 04:46:45 pm
went back and read my post that you responded to and what I said didnt make any sense.  What I meant was that even though JSJ seems small by SEC standards, he has been competing in a much better division of high school football than G Bohanon did at Earle.  I am from eastern Ark and know exactly where Earle is and without disrespecting Bohanon, 2A football in Ark compared to 5A high school football in Texas is just no comparison.  JSJ may be small, but what he has shown on the field for going on 2 years now is that he has smarts and has heart. 
Heck, why not give the kid a schollie?  Its not like he had ONE big game.  He has led his team to 2 straight 5A championships in Texas.  Thats pretty stout.

I have no issue with him getting a scholarship

Just don't think the kid from Earle and lots of others in 2A would outplay lots of Texas kids

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 24, 2017, 11:40:58 am
he is an animal. He is the #8 player in the country in Lacrosse, though. So he's off to play lacrosse as a future star at Virginia.

How much money can he make playing Lacrosse, as opposed to 5 years in the NFL. Top salary is $20,000 a year.

jbcarol

John Stephen Jones‏ @JohnSJones15

This isn't me @JohnSJones_15

Underscores that people are trying to assume the identity of high school football players on twitter
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: IronHog on December 24, 2017, 09:30:13 pm

I have no issue with him getting a scholarship

Just don't think the kid from Earle and lots of others in 2A would outplay lots of Texas kids
I agree 100%.  That's kinda the point I was trying to make.  JSJ may not be the physical specimen that GB is and I'm sure GB is smart and can run a spread system.  Baylor wouldn't want him if he couldn't, but JSJ seems to have some intangibles that not all kids have and that is what he has shown by leading his program to consecutive 5A titles in Texas

hawganatic

So many seem to be writing this kid off due to his height and lack of offers.  If he has the heart and passion for the game that a lot of people have said, he will do fine on the D1 level.

Think a lot have forgotten that Mayfield had to walk on at Texas Tech, and then just showed up at OK with no offer or guarantee he'd be on the team.  Seems like it worked out pretty good for him...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawganatic on December 28, 2017, 09:54:43 am
So many seem to be writing this kid off due to his height and lack of offers.  If he has the heart and passion for the game that a lot of people have said, he will do fine on the D1 level.

Think a lot have forgotten that Mayfield had to walk on at Texas Tech, and then just showed up at OK with no offer or guarantee he'd be on the team.  Seems like it worked out pretty good for him...
Easy to measure height, arm strength, weight and other physical attributes. However, when it comes to measuring "heart"/desire to win/succeed it's a far more inexact science. We've seen it with Mayfield and young Mr. Jones very well could be yet another such example.