Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Arkansas Razorback Football Coaches

Started by Cotton, December 06, 2017, 01:44:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 19, 2017, 06:32:02 pm
evidently Tanner Burns is our special teams coach

https://twitter.com/ChadStephens2/status/943247886053232645
He's listed as quality control which essentially means he can provide data and chart but cannot actually "instruct" players... (Which they do at every school in the country).
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: factchecker on December 20, 2017, 06:17:31 am
How have you not?

He's been on the staff for a while.

Tanner is Keith Burns' son.

Been under a rock I guess. I didnt even know we had a special teams coach under Berty boy

Tim Harris

Since SMU plays tonight and the early signing period ends Friday we should start getting some "official" announcements by this weekend.  At least I think we should....

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

The Space Age Hustler

nwahogs

Quote from: Laughing Hog on December 08, 2017, 09:40:08 am
Need to Add S&C to list. It will be interesting too see who that will be. One of the most important people on the staff.

It's trumain carrol

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

colbs

Steve Caldwell just resigned from Boise.  It looks like he is coming.

BR

Quote from: Lanlord on December 31, 2017, 02:57:38 pm
Where does Will Bryant fit in?

https://twitter.com/CoachWillBryant

Will Bryant is in his third season at SMU and second as a Graduate Assistant working with the offense. Bryant joined the staff as a volunteer offensive assistant in 2015 before being promoted.

In 2016, SMU won five games and came within one win of bowl eligibility. SMU produced a 1,000-yard rusher (Braeden West 1,036) and 1,000-yard receiver (Courtland Sutton 1,246) for the first time since 2011 and had three players with at least 1,000 all-purpose yards for the first time since 2011 (Courtland Sutton, Braeden West, James Proche).

As a volunteer assistant, Bryant assisted the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach with quarterback and receiver development.

In 2015, Bryant played with the Amarillo Venom professional Arena Football team. With the Amarillo Venom, he averaged 10 yards per catch and recorded two tackles. During high school, he was a two-year varsity football wide-receiver/tight end. He was named an All-District tight end in 2010.

Bryant received his B.S. in exercise sports science from Texas Tech.

Lanlord

I guess I should have asked what position does he have on the Arkansas staff?

porque

Quote from: Lanlord on December 31, 2017, 03:59:21 pm
I guess I should have asked what position does he have on the Arkansas staff?

He will be a GA or an analyst.

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BR

Justin Speros, a student assistant at Clemson the last four years, is joining Chad Morris' staff in an assistant recruiting / player personnel type role, per sources.

opineonswine

Rhett would have liked to been on Chad Morris' staff here but good land for a good guy:

SMU hires Rhett Lashlee as offensive coordinator
Billy Embody - 6 minutes ago 2

Sonny Dykes has made a splash hire with his first coordinator being hired as the school has hired Connecticut offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, a source told Pony Stampede on Wednesday. Lashlee spent one season with the Huskies after leaving Auburn to take over as the play caller at Connecticut.

Sources say SMU beat out multiple Power Five programs that were courting the Arkansas native.

In one season at Connecticut, the Huskies improved from 14.8 points per game to 23.6 points per game.

The 2013-14 seasons at Auburn were the best back-to-back offensively in school history, and the 2014 squad set an Auburn record for total offense. Lashlee has been nominated for the Broyle Award twice, including being a finalist in 2013, the award is presented to the nation's top assistant coach.

Auburn won the 2013 SEC Championship and earned a BCS Championship berth.

Stick with Pony Stampede for the latest on SMU's coaching staff and more on this developing story.

Like Pony Stampede on Facebook to follow the Mustangs including live postgame press conferences.

For all the latest SMU football recruiting news, sign up for Pony Stampede. We'll have the very latest on the newest crop of Mustangs, and who we could see on National Signing Day in February. Sign up here.

Captain Hogthrob

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

opineonswine

SportsTalkwBo
18h18 hours ago
McGee: My favorite hire of the offseason was Arkansas hiring Chad Morris. I'm a fan. I saw what he did at Clemson. What got that program turned around was Chad Morris.

@SportsTalkwBo
18h18 hours ago
McGee: I think Arkansas fans should be beyond thrilled (about John Chavis). ... I think he's going to be a huge hire. The A&M job was always going to be a little tough.

BR

.@RazorbackFB WR Coach Justin Stepp will be speaking tomorrow at the @WeAreAFCA convention after being named to the #AFCA 35 under 35 aimed to select the future leaders in coaching. #WPS #HammerDown

cookie52

http://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/razorback-nation/defensive-line-dominates-recruiting-report/905609131

Says Scott was the lead for a couple of kids and Bobby Allen took over their recruitment, so Scott isn't going to be DL coach.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Cotton on December 06, 2017, 01:44:40 pm
Head Coach - Chad Morris (SMU) - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/chad-morris/

Offensive Coordinator - Joe Craddock (SMU) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Craddock

Wide Receivers - Justin Stepp (SMU) - https://247sports.com/Coach/Justin-Stepp-1656

Offensive Line - Dustin Fry (SMU) -

Running Backs - Jeff Traylor (SMU) -

Tight Ends - Barry Lunney Jr. (ARK) -

Defensive Coordinator - John Chavis (Texas A&M) - *Unofficial*

DL

LB

Secondary

Support Staff:

Strength & Conditioning

Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Analyst - Mark Smith (SMU) -

Director of Ops - Randy Ross (SMU) -

I'll continue to edit and update this thread as the names come in. Figured it would be a good way to get to know the new staff.

Great job Cotton... +1

Another +1 if you change your Avatar pic to this:
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cotton

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 08, 2018, 12:07:12 pm
Great job Cotton... +1

Another +1 if you change your Avatar pic to this:

Just for you buddy.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tim Harris

Razorback Pastor

Tarheelhawg

Haters gonna hate

The Hawg Marshal

Hopefully this will ease the minds of some of our fans.

opineonswine

De'Jon Harris (@Scoooota8)
1/8/18, 9:06 PM
Met @coachchadmorris and the Defensive of staff today. Really ready to get to work now after them convos!😬🤕

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Randy Beaver

RME

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 10:18:18 am
Cool

Hope the rumors regarding Chavis being named are just that... rumors.

Can't read very well or?

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

AirWarren

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 09, 2018, 10:18:25 am
Solid hire i guess, but a little disappointing

This is a bridge to retirement job for him.

Good background....not much fire anymore.

Sigh.

a0ashle

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 10:20:04 am
This is a bridge to retirement job for him.

Good background....not much fire anymore.

Sigh.

How exactly do you know how much fire he has?

BR

Atlhogfan1

Rename the thread to something about coaching hire announcements.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 10:33:40 am
Rename the thread to something about coaching hire announcements.

You mean so 80 different threads with the same "breaking news" don't get started.  Yeah that would be nice.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

AirWarren

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Atlhogfan1

Underwhelming staff.  But Morris is not a very experienced college coach so connections aren't there.  Looking at it optimistically, he is bringing people he trusts and who has done well for him.  Hopefully they'll figure out what they are up against and adjust quickly reducing the learning curve.  At least Chavis and some of the rumored defensive hires are experienced including in the SEC.  Not too excited about Chavis either.

Hoping for the best.  Morris is going to be selling hard this week. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rljjr

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 10:47:26 am
Underwhelming staff.  But Morris is not a very experienced college coach so connections aren't there.  Looking at it optimistically, he is bringing people he trusts and who has done well for him.  Hopefully they'll figure out what they are up against and adjust quickly reducing the learning curve.  At least Chavis and some of the rumored defensive hires are experienced including in the SEC.  Not too excited about Chavis either.

So on the one hand you're underwhelmed because the coaching staff doesn't have a lot of experience and name recognition, but on the other hand you recognize Chavis' name recognition and experience, but you're not excited about it. At least you're hoping for the best.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 10:47:26 am

You probably told your kids Santa wasn't real