Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of big cat is this?

Started by ChromDome35, April 29, 2017, 05:52:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromDome35

Sorry for the poor quality...when the batteries get low, the night time pictures suck.

I think this is a Bobcat, but I am not 100% sure it isn't a mountain lion. 

I say Bobcat because we caught this picture of one, a week before two of the night shots.  The wife tells me I'm crazy and that the cat in the night pictures is much bigger.

Three and Snout

ChromDome35

I can't recall any reports of a Bobcat being dangerous...are any of you aware of any?

GolfNut57

To quote Jerry Clower...it is a Lynx! And in them days we called them souped up wildcats.  ;)

Bobcat, Wildcat, Lynx.........they are all the same aren't they?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ChromDome35 on April 29, 2017, 05:57:59 pm
I can't recall any reports of a Bobcat being dangerous...are any of you aware of any?

Bobcats are naturally afraid of humans - until they decide they want to kick your ass ... then one cat becomes 12 and there's no where you can get to that doesn't have claws, feet, or teeth. I have a healthy respect for Bobcats, and love to see them - preferably running away at high speed.

tophawg19

Bobcats have been known to attack Turkey hunters
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

theFlyingHog

BroyledNutts

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 30, 2017, 12:03:36 am
Bobcats are naturally afraid of humans - until they decide they want to kick your ass ... then one cat becomes 12 and there's no where you can get to that doesn't have claws, feet, or teeth. I have a healthy respect for Bobcats, and love to see them - preferably running away at high speed.
I bet you'll never pick up another suitcase by the road...

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 02, 2017, 06:53:19 pm
I bet you'll never pick up another suitcase by the road...

;D

Or turkey hunt clear cuts ...

DeltaBoy

Yep we saw one that was that big last fall driving back about dusk from Stephenville Texas
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

supersaint

Y'all should read the book
Bobcats In the Bush
By Claude Bawles
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

rickm1976

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 30, 2017, 02:05:39 pm

This.  It happened to my cousin.  He ended up with many, many stitches, and the Bobcat got away without a scratch.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 30, 2017, 02:05:39 pm

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bolo

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 04, 2017, 09:03:32 am
Yep we saw one that was that big last fall driving back about dusk from Stephenville Texas
i have never seen one drive Delta. sorry man, couldn't help it
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

PonderinHog

Quote from: bolo on June 29, 2018, 04:08:18 pm
i have never seen one drive Delta. sorry man, couldn't help it
They mostly stick to the back roads and fire trails, since most states won't issue them drivers licenses.

kodiakisland

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 29, 2018, 06:54:21 pm
They mostly stick to the back roads and fire trails, since most states won't issue them drivers licenses.

Dirt bikes mostly, preferably Honda Fat Cats.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/