Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Search for MH370

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, January 03, 2018, 10:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Ocean Infinity aims to cover the ground much faster than Fugro did. In prior cruises in the Atlantic, the firm has, according to Josh Broussard, its technical director, managed to scan 890 square kilometres a day using six autonomous submarines. With eight, Mr Broussard thinks that the new mission will be able to manage 1,200 a day—enough to have covered the original search area in just 100 days.

https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21733399-swarm-submarine-drones-will-scour-depths-plane-fantastical-ship
This is my non-signature signature.

theFlyingHog

Man i hope they find it. Anyone know if it's possible the orange boxes could still provide data?

Großer Kriegschwein

January 06, 2018, 11:08:04 am #2 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:25:47 am by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 04, 2018, 09:56:34 am
Man i hope they find it. Anyone know if it's possible the orange boxes could still provide data?

They should be able to. It's digital information on the new CVR & FDRs. The last 120 minutes of power to the recorders should, given no corruption of data, tell the tale of the glide into the ocean. Or at least what conditions existed before the engines were starved of fuel.

Not to mention, if they find them, they should also find large chunks of the actual plane. I'm sure given those two conditions would solve the mystery.
This is my non-signature signature.