Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

local wrestling

Started by husker71, March 15, 2016, 10:15:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

I attended a wrestling card in Harrison on Saturday   Maybe 120 people there   they had 7 matches including a 10 man battle royal   This was called Mid States wrestling     Do you guys know of other independent groups around the area or in your state??    We had a good time and would go again   How about some of your experiences at these local matches??

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: husker71 on March 15, 2016, 10:15:33 pm
I attended a wrestling card in Harrison on Saturday   Maybe 120 people there   they had 7 matches including a 10 man battle royal   This was called Mid States wrestling     Do you guys know of other independent groups around the area or in your state??    We had a good time and would go again   How about some of your experiences at these local matches??

PM me the next time the promotion comes to town.  If I can make it, I will do so.

Man oh man, the memories of Mid South in Barton Coliseum.

Hogwop

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on March 15, 2016, 11:18:33 pm
PM me the next time the promotion comes to town.  If I can make it, I will do so.

Same here, would love to go to an event like that
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

husker71

June 11th in Harrison   Cowboy Bob Orton and Bobby Eaton headline (not vs each other)  special guest referee  Tonya Harding  not kidding you guys    Try the website of Midstates Wrestling and see if it on there now   (was not earlier today)

spiritof92

Seems like by the time I find out about an indie promotion in my area it's already gone out of business. 

husker71

yea didnt Harley Race have a indie operation in Missouri for a long time??   We used to go to one in Grand Prairie Texas and they had  a TV taping every Saturday   it was kind of cool.

GuvHog

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on March 15, 2016, 11:18:33 pm

Definitely the good ole days.

Jerry "The King" Lawler, Superstar Billy Dundee, Handsome Jimmy Valiant, "The fabulous One" Jackie Fargo and his brother "Roughhouse", Eddie Marlin, Tommy Gilbert, Jerry Jarrett, Tojo Yamamoto..... I could go on and on.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

husker71

well these sure not stars like those    as I was saying mostly local guys  I think tickets are $10 or $15   but if you are starved for live wrestling it is ok   

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 06:53:58 pm
Definitely the good ole days.

Jerry "The King" Lawler, Superstar Billy Dundee, Handsome Jimmy Valiant, "The fabulous One" Jackie Fargo and his brother "Roughhouse", Eddie Marlin, Tommy Gilbert, Jerry Jarrett, Tojo Yamamoto..... I could go on and on.

FWIW, all the stars you just named were from the Memphis promotion.  I was speaking of the Leroy McGuirk and Bill Watts promotion.  Still great entertainment either way, though. 

husker71

Tonya Harding was a no show.  My gosh Bob Orton came out and actually wrestled and was counted out for the lose.  He actually moved around a couple of times pretty well.  For 66 years old he looked better than I thought.  Bobby Eaton looked and moved like he was 20 years older than Orton.  Eaton did not wrestled but was the ref in a arm wrestling contest.  He could hardly get through the ropes.  Putting your body out there for 350 days a year for several years and travel cannot be good for anybody.  Decent crowd with tickets at 15/20/25.  Next matches in August.