Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Moses Kingsley era?

Started by -Blu, November 13, 2015, 09:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Never thought I'd say that, and I know it's just one game, but he was a man on a mission tonight.  I like what I see.  He's improved every single aspect of his game.  If he can give us a double/double this year something like 12 pts / 10 rebounds I think that will be a real game changer for us.

I also like what I seen from Durham, he's really improved as well.  He had a few careless turnovers, but for the most part was very solid and really ran the team well and delivered when we needed him.  He had 10 assist, can't complain about that from your PG.

Also, Dusty Hannahs is going to really thrive in this system. Whitt had nerves at the beginning but was very solid to end the game.  I'll take a bad game from him ending in 12 points.

TomBigBeeHog

Kingsley had a monster stat line. That was awesome no matter who it was against. Only downside was the fouls and that will be a concern going forward. Need someone else to step up at that spot when Kingsley has to go to the bench with foul trouble.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

BigNasty

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 13, 2015, 09:32:26 pm
Kingsley had a monster stat line. That was awesome no matter who it was against. Only downside was the fouls and that will be a concern going forward. Need someone else to step up at that spot when Kingsley has to go to the bench with foul trouble.
If Kapita would have worked out, he would have been perfect for this.

BadHog

Hope to see a lot of this in 2015-16!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hawginbigd1

His movement without the ball tonight stood out to me, he made himself available at the right times!

JIHawg

Durham to Mosley was fun to watch.  These guards are looking for him, and he's available.  Need to see how he will do against quality bigs.

moses_007

Looks like it is Moses' era.  He really went on a tear with about 5 minutes left in the game.

Dugann

I feel like he is going to take ownership, and be a leader.  NO shadow this year he art da man.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

daBoar

Quote from: moses_007 on November 13, 2015, 11:50:06 pm
Looks like it is Moses' era.  He really went on a tear with about 5 minutes left in the game.
I'm worried about those 16 minutes he's not playing per game.

Hawg Red

Moses is going to be much-improved this year. I believe that after last night. Wasn't sure what to expect from him after last year, but he has a fire burning inside of him and a confidence to him. He won't average 20 and 10, but I think we can get around 12 and 8 from him. He doesn't have any moves in the paint, but he's active and long and aggressive. I also think that elbow jumper will be there for him all year because I don't think teams will respect his ability to make it due to how funky it looks. Only thing I worry about is foul trouble.

TomBigBeeHog

If he puts up the same stat line against Akron, CMA better start recruiting his replacement before Iceman starts going bonkers.  ;)
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: BigNasty on November 13, 2015, 09:36:05 pm
If Kapita would have worked out, he would have been perfect for this.

Yep, that was the plan. Got gut punched on that one. Thompson and Koussai didn't do much while Kingsley was out. Just one game but we need those two guys to do more than they showed last night.

-Blu

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 14, 2015, 09:26:05 am
If he puts up the same stat line against Akron, CMA better start recruiting his replacement before Iceman starts going bonkers.  ;)

Too true.  Also, people forget that before the season started last year, draftexpress had Kingsley as a second round pick.  I think they thought he would have had his jump last year rather than this year.  But, I still suspect even with a great year Kingsley will be back for his senior year, unless he's flirting with being a first rounder.  He's big on academics, he's won some academic awards, I would assume he would stay and get his degree.

hogwood

I was projecting Kingsley to AVG something around 10/8 this year but after that performance and what we have all been told about his practices - it could be a special season for him. 10/8 would be special regardless. But I don't think that whatever he will do this year, unless he is an absolute 20/10 monster against SEC competition, will put him into the first round. I think he stays with us and makes the team next year really good.

HawgnCorona

He was 4 star athlete coming out of high school. So, heck yeah let so let the MK era begin. He played behind BP for 2 yrs (hopefully he stays another yr) During which we saw flashes his ability. But demonstrating he came carry this team will be huge for us.

Great stat line last night for him, regardless of the opponent.

So bring it Moses. Continue to shine...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Dominicanhog

I'm reluctant to say anything about Moses, because I don't want o jinx him, but if what we saw is what we are getting, then we are going to be a good team.. I remember another African player we played many years ago that missed 4 of his 8 dunks against us, he was so bad on the offensive end that many stated he'd never make it.. he did have 20 rebounds and 10 blocks to go with those 4 dunks... not to compare but you never know about these guys that have only played BB for a few years.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 15, 2015, 07:18:02 pm
I'm reluctant to say anything about Moses, because I don't want o jinx him, but if what we saw is what we are getting, then we are going to be a good team.. I remember another African player we played many years ago that missed 4 of his 8 dunks against us, he was so bad on the offensive end that many stated he'd never make it.. he did have 20 rebounds and 10 blocks to go with those 4 dunks... not to compare but you never know about these guys that have only played BB for a few years.

It wasn't just the points and how he went 8-8 and swished some nice looking jumpers, it was everything else. The rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, running the court, going coast to coast and finishing strong on the break, etc. Moses wowed me.

hobhog

He can be the Man, but he is very prone to foul trouble. It limited his minutes last year, and will be only thing that limits him this year. If he improves there the sky is the limit.