Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Wofford

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 19, 2015, 08:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

Fans complaing we were not playing hard are freaking idiots.  We may not have played smart or fundamentally sound but we played hard that entire game if we did anything at all.

Those beaching about they are disciplined and smarter are freaking idiots and you sound racist.  Arkansas style is not fundamentally sound all the time and inherently has a lot of stupid mistakes at times.  Quit beaching about those things or go root for some all white team some where.  We are what we are.  If it isn't what you want or can get behind positively even if you don't like the style, go root for another team.

My gosh this thread is embarrassing.

dhizzle

Why do the Kentucky Wildcats get to play home games in every tournament?

PonderinHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 19, 2015, 11:27:39 pm
Yeah, but how any times did Portis have to shoot to get into double figures???
He's "usually" very efficient on the offensive end of the court, but that certainly was NOT the case in tonight's contest.
Hopefully that'll dumb it down enough for you to understand what I'm talking about.

My post.

Your head, genius.

dhizzle

sickboy

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 19, 2015, 11:25:45 pm
Thats RUN, singular.... Or are you not old enough to remember that there has only been one.

Over the years we've made multiple runs en route to Elite 8s, final fours and, yes, one championship. You don't have to win a championship to make a run.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Eber on March 19, 2015, 11:28:07 pm
That was too exciting!  We had a chance to go up by 7 with around 12 minutes left but only managed a 3-point lead due to missed shots/turnovers.  Add in a few more made free throws and Hogs win by 10.  This season is a big success in my book now.  Sweet 16 would be amazing. 
Why not comment on what they accomplished that same time frame?  Evidently it was less than us...

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on March 19, 2015, 11:28:42 pm
What's that? I couldn't hear you over the tinkling ice in my glass.

Did you say you were tinkling over the ice in your glass?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 19, 2015, 11:15:23 pm
We beat a good team on an off shooting night, especially at the line.  I'll bet everything goes in Saturday.

We shot 46%!  We've shot a lot worse and won.  We didn't get the turnovers we are accustomed to and when we did, we didn't score off of them.  We just stood around and allowed 16 offensive rebounds.  That is something we can totally control and didn't.  Cut those down to 5-6 and its a blow out because Wofford couldn't hit consistently from the outside.  They made some prayers and still shot 31.6%.  That offensive rebound at the end almost cost us the ball game.  3 Hogs just stood there flat footed and watched it come down. 

If Mike could get those guys to buy into getting defensive rebounds, his press conferences would be much more enjoyous.  Doing so would have us winning 56-43 and everybody would be much happier.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Laughing Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:31:34 pm

It's one of those foreign things.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Laughing Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:31:34 pm

Hey, sometimes you run out of the good stuff and you're still thirsty. It's the same color.

Amirite?

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:33:15 pm

Oh, OK, I guess I understand. I think I need some more whisky.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

averagefan

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 19, 2015, 11:29:03 pm
Fans complaing we were not playing hard are freaking idiots.  We may not have played smart or fundamentally sound but we played hard that entire game if we did anything at all.

Those beaching about they are disciplined and smarter are freaking idiots and you sound racist.  Arkansas style is not fundamentally sound all the time and inherently has a lot of stupid mistakes at times.  Quit beaching about those things or go root for some all white team some where.  We are what we are.  If it isn't what you want or can get behind positively even if you don't like the style, go root for another team.

My gosh this thread is embarrassing.

+1
I know it's just a game, but it sure is fun to watch!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: dhizzle on March 19, 2015, 11:29:15 pm

#1 Seed.
Same reason Duke gets to play in North Carolina, Zags get to play in Washington Nova in Penn.

OzarkRazor

anbody know where to see the post game presser?

Razor1997

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 19, 2015, 11:29:03 pm

Absolutely.  For all the things that went against us that game, the team played hard.  Playing hard was the only thing that saved us this game, because everything else was against us.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on March 19, 2015, 11:33:51 pm
Hey, sometimes you run out of the good stuff and you're still thirsty. It's the same color.

Amirite?

Ok I didn't need that visual after all I've had to drink tonight

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on March 19, 2015, 11:33:51 pm

Amirite?

Yes you are, but it still doesn't seem quite right.

dhornjr1

I'm gonna get my .22 and try to pick off whatever that is on Pete Gillen's head.

hoglady

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:27:02 pm
I'm not convinced SMU didn't get the screwing of the tournament, but that's their problem I guess.

I know - that just didn't look like goaltending to me. I'd hate to be an SMU fan tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgzinbowlz

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 19, 2015, 11:33:04 pm
We shot 46%!  We've shot a lot worse and won.  We didn't get the turnovers we are accustomed to and when we did, we didn't score off of them.  We just stood around and allowed 16 offensive rebounds.  That is something we can totally control and didn't.  Cut those down to 5-6 and its a blow out because Wofford couldn't hit consistently from the outside.  They made some prayers and still shot 31.6%.  That offensive rebound at the end almost cost us the ball game.  3 Hogs just stood there flat footed and watched it come down. 

If Mike could get those guys to buy into getting defensive rebounds, his press conferences would be much more enjoyous.  Doing so would have us winning 56-43 and everybody would be much happier.
Wofford actually shot fairly well from the three.  Their two point shooting was off, fortunately.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

dhornjr1

Quote from: Laughing Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:35:49 pm
Ok I didn't need that visual after all I've had to drink tonight
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:35:50 pm
Yes you are, but it still doesn't seem quite right.
;D

Hogfaniam

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 19, 2015, 11:38:15 pm
Wofford actually shot fairly well from the three.  Their two point shooting was off, fortunately.
29%.  The threes brought their avg down

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 19, 2015, 11:39:28 pm
29%.  The threes brought their avg down
It really fell off at the end.  Mea culpa.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 19, 2015, 11:42:40 pm
It really fell off at the end.  Mea culpa.

They lost their legs.  We wore them out.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 19, 2015, 11:46:02 pm
They lost their legs.  We wore them out.
You want me to feel sorry for them ???

XX

I'm still pissed Madden tried to throw in the shoe early...there was a lot more game to be played.  >:(
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Hogfaniam

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 19, 2015, 11:20:17 pm
Harvard is actually a good team. They've won NCAA games before. We just got out rebounded by the shortest team in the tourney.

Yea Wofford is actually pretty good also

PonderinHog

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on March 19, 2015, 11:48:22 pm
I'm still pissed Madden tried to throw in the shoe early...there was a lot more game to be played.  >:(

XX

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 19, 2015, 11:25:45 pm
Thats RUN, singular.... Or are you not old enough to remember that there has only been one.

6 final 4's is multiple as is back to back finals and other elite 8's and sweet 16's so RUNS is appropriate

Learn more post less

GatorHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 19, 2015, 11:33:15 pm

Which game you watching in Saturday's UNC slot since the Razorbacks aren't going to be there? (or if they were, you surely wouldn't want to be "embarrassed").

TomasPistola

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 19, 2015, 10:56:32 pm
Mike better get his darn together this offseason. This kind of crap coaching and play calling. Our guys just look lost, no sense of urgency whatsoever. We deserve to lose
Quote from: GatorHog on March 19, 2015, 10:58:07 pm
Literally zero thanks for your service.

Probably one of the worst responses I've seen on a messageboard. I know you were upset about the game, but you really suck for saying that.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TheRazorback500

AHHH! Like waking up to good news!* WPS!

*until I looked at the radar..  ::) (river rising)

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

RazorChuck

Big Daddy

I don't give d@mn how we won. After that crazy day i'm excited to be here.

GuvHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 19, 2015, 11:27:39 pm
Yeah, but how many times did Portis have to shoot to get into double figures???
He's "usually" very efficient on the offensive end of the court, but that certainly was NOT the case in tonight's contest.
Hopefully that'll dumb it down enough for you to understand what I'm talking about.

I can cut Bobby a little slack for last night's game because to be perfectly honest. he got MUGGED underneath the basket all night and Wofford very rarely got called for it. Good win though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LR_Matt

Quote from: dhizzle on March 19, 2015, 11:29:15 pm

They win more....

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: hoglady on March 19, 2015, 11:37:28 pm
I know - that just didn't look like goaltending to me. I'd hate to be an SMU fan tonight.

Didn't see that one. I did catch the end of LSU vs ncstate and that looked to be offensive basket interference.  Ball was still in cylinder and a ncst player tipped it in.

opineonswine

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on March 19, 2015, 11:50:12 pm
Yea Wofford is actually pretty good also

It's hard to have concluded that by looking at their resume.  30 point blowout losses to Duke and West Va. (granted it was in Dec).  But then a couple inexplicable losses to nobodies and close wins in their conference.

I think you can throw out records when it gets to the NCAAT except maybe the 16 seeds.  The higher seeded teams play tight, especially in the first game, and the lower seeded teams play out of their minds.

And, finally, as the tournament has shown over the last decade, in basketball you can be a small school and still be salty. 

I wish there was a better way of ranking conferences.  The Big 12, for example, looks highly over-rated (again) and the SEC appears to be under valued by those rankings. 

Now to NC.  I have to say I'm not as impressed with them as past teams.  They obviously have talent (superior to us) but they play brain dead for stretches.  Hoping that continues and we get our late season efficiency back.