Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Auburn

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 10, 2015, 07:28:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Cresthog

arkfan81

they shot from the line a whopping 40 times...
Have faith...

Atlhogfan1

I'm with Dino.  Why was Qualls and Madden in against their walk ons?  Qualls has played enough minutes this SEC season with the 7 games we have left. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hawgrunner

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

latrops

BadHog

53 fouls, 4 technicals in one game. Someone needs to retire!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hog1952

"Hurry Up No Huddle" basketball.......take that Gus! Hope he enjoyed the game.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

micali

Quote from: BadHog on February 10, 2015, 10:25:34 pm
53 fouls, 4 technicals in one game. Someone needs to retire!
This is dumb. 4 T's?!

TheHAWGfather

GoHogs40

latrops

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 10, 2015, 10:22:13 pm
The SEC should be ashamed of the officiating in this league.

Yes they should. I don't bitch about officiating that only affects us. I want better officiating for every game, for every team. It looks like amatuer hour sometimes. We deserve better.

hog.goblin

micali

jfred59

Boardon Hamsay

Total PF update: Hogs 31 Auburn 23 

This PF update was brought to you by Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie, the official liberally and amply slathered Frito Pie of the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Atlhogfan1

Jim Burr is a veteran official who has worked F4's and NCG's.  This was Pearl ball tonight - not the officials. 

jesterzzn

Quote from: micali on February 10, 2015, 10:28:09 pm
We would have if not for the refs. 

If that game were officiated properly, they would have been down 20 by half time.

dhizzle

TheRazorback500

Great win! Century mark. WPS!

Crash time.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

micali

ArmyOfnobunaga

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Hogpkins

Hogfaniam

40 fricken ft's shot by auburn.  Hope the sec office has a little sit down with that crew.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Boardon Hamsay

Hogs with 0 fouls: Anthlon Bell and Nick Babb. Amazing!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ifghog

Jim burr the main guy calling crap was in a final 4 just 3 years ago. It is Def time to retire. He was awful tonight.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2015, 10:28:45 pm
Jim Burr is a veteran official who has worked F4's and NCG's.  This was Pearl ball tonight - not the officials. 

Partially correct.  Pearl ball relies on officials that let things get out of hand.  It only works if the refs let it work.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jesterzzn on February 10, 2015, 10:30:27 pm
Partially correct.  Pearl ball relies on officials that let things get out of hand.  It only works if the refs let it work.

And they aren't letting it get out of hand and his players aren't skilled enough to adjust. 

reddogjcss

Glad to see Quals and Bell get out of there slumps

HogsonHicks

Quote from: jesterzzn on February 10, 2015, 10:30:27 pm

At least you're consistently condescending.

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

HogFansReunited

Great game tonight and huge win for the hogs.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

reddogjcss

The guys coming off bench played very well tonight.
Auburn rode that one player till he was give out. He is a very good shooter though.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 10, 2015, 10:27:47 pm
New Mexico game 1/4 way over

I thought at first it was a girls game. Never seen a dude with a hair bun.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

jesterzzn

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2015, 10:32:16 pm
And they aren't letting it get out of hand and his players aren't skilled enough to adjust. 

It got pretty out of hand in my opinion.  Watching players get hockey checked in the paint, no call, then on the other end t-'d up after a hand check on a drive isn't good officiating.

jesterzzn

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jesterzzn on February 10, 2015, 10:37:24 pm
It got pretty out of hand in my opinion.  Watching players get hockey checked in the paint, no call, then on the other end t-'d up after a hand check on a drive isn't good officiating.

They did a better job of calling fouls than the officials did at Florida.  SEC basketball may be getting better and the "numbers" show it is getting better but some teams aren't very good and the quality of the product is still suffering.  It isn't all the officiating. 

jesterzzn

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2015, 10:46:02 pm
They did a better job of calling fouls than the officials did at Florida.  SEC basketball may be getting better and the "numbers" show it is getting better but some teams aren't very good and the quality of the product is still suffering.  It isn't all the officiating. 
Being better than the worst in recent memory isn't a point I am going to argue.  They were certainly better than the worst I can remember.

I said last week that I don't blame the refs for SEC basketball as a whole.  That's on the coaches.

But, just because the overall poor level of play isn't their fault doesn't mean that they don't muck it up.  They do.  Alot.

Part of that is they ref other leagues that don't play prison rules, so they have to adjust to the audacity of SEC teams.  Another part of it is that SEC schools mostly don't give a **** so other than one team, there is very little national media scrutiny of the way they officiate the games.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jesterzzn on February 10, 2015, 10:53:15 pm
Being better than the worst in recent memory isn't a point I am going to argue.  They were certainly better than the worst I can remember.

I said last week that I don't blame the refs for SEC basketball as a whole.  That's on the coaches.

But, just because the overall poor level of play isn't their fault doesn't mean that they don't muck it up.  They do.  Alot.

Part of that is they ref other leagues that don't play prison rules, so they have to adjust to the audacity of SEC teams.  Another part of it is that SEC schools mostly don't give a **** so other than one team, there is very little national media scrutiny of the way they officiate the games.

I agree the officials muck up a lot.  It is a bad mix in the conference still.  Good point as well on the emphasis on basketball compared to other conferences. 

jjdlc

The first five minutes looked like someone forgot to tell Auburn that football season was over.  It started getting very chippy, and the refs decided to try and correct their mistake and regain control by calling everything.  It remained that way the rest of the game.