Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Ole Miss

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 17, 2015, 07:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2015, 10:59:08 pm

So Mike doesn't show enough fire, but when he does something because he's passed off about the loss, it looks bad on him?  Which is it?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

elksnort

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:00:26 pm
Why we assume ole miss is mediocre, that team isn't horrible. We lose to horrible teams I'm upset. This game was a cluster from the get go. This game should have never been allowed to be played. That being said, we got handled for sure
you about to lose. No one said that Ole Miss is horrible.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 10:57:27 pm
No, everyone expects the national title team from 2 decades ago. The expectations are unreal for this team. And comparing Anderson to Nolan is ridiculous too. If those are your expectations you won't be happy for another 50 years. This fan base is spoiled and they have zero reason to be.
That's bull crap.  We have a lot of reason to be "spoiled"

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 15, 2015, 02:14:43 pm
During Eddie and Nolan's careers at Arkansas, we only missed the tourney 5 times.  The first 2 years of each man's tenure, and the last year of Nolan's.  We made the Sweet 16 10 times out of those years.  The Elite 8 6 times, the Final Four 4 times.

That is my expectation for this program.  Sustained excellence.  Anything less and I am not happy.
All Gas, No Brakes!

roundball

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 17, 2015, 10:56:34 pm
CMA just refused to shake Adam Kennedy's hand, BAD MISTAKE. Losing respect for you Mike.

Saw that as well. Not good. We cannot continue to play defense the way we do and expect to be consistently successful. Tonight is a head scratcher seeing how we usually play at home. I will say this, Ole Miss played a heck of a game and shot it extremely well. Not to mention they were almost perfect from the line in the second half.

vandybuff

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

jfred59

CMA just refused to shake Adam Kennedy's hand, BAD MISTAKE. Losing respect for you Mike.

That will make me cry all night. 

lefty08

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 17, 2015, 11:00:44 pm
Spoiled?  No NCAA tournament in six years, and people expect more from the high paid coach, great facilities and very good attendance (for SEC, certainly). I don't consider that spoiled.

What do you consider more? This team is 13-4 2-2 in conference. They just lost their 7th game at home in 4 years. Get a grip
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

alohawg

CMA's entire philosophy is failing for all to see but he will not adjust, never has. Why should he, it pays well.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogsmo Kramer

No, everyone expects the national title team from 2 decades ago. The expectations are unreal for this team. And comparing Anderson to Nolan is ridiculous too. If those are your expectations you won't be happy for another 50 years. This fan base is spoiled and they have zero reason to be.

Spoiled?! Franking spoiled?!

We're praying just to make the tourney!

A once storied program has been floundering in mediocrity for over 20 years and we're spoiled?

Bull, we're beat down, discouraged, and just plain tired of mediocre results from mediocre coaches but we're not spoiled.

We haven't won enough lately to be spoiled and from the looks of tonight we won't in the future either.

I love Mike and his connection and loyalty to our program but this is unacceptable. It needs to be fixed or he needs to go.

Period. 
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: roundball on January 17, 2015, 11:01:55 pm

Saw that as well. Not good. We cannot continue to play defense the way we do and expect to be consistently successful. Tonight is a head scratcher seeing how we usually play at home. I will say this, Ole Miss played a heck of a game and shot it extremely well. Not to mention they were almost perfect from the line in the second half.

not realy a head scrathcher. They played poorly against seeral teams, just had much more talent than the likes of Iona and North texas. Both those teams were in the game untl about the 10 minute mark when the talent/depth disparity took over
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

alohawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:03:16 pm
What do you consider more? This team is 13-4 2-2 in conference. They just lost their 7th game at home in 4 years. Get a grip

And in that same time the team has the worst ratio wins at home vs. on the road in the entire country. Grip that.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dirty

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 17, 2015, 11:01:54 pm
That's bull crap.  We have a lot of reason to be "spoiled"

Spoiled Freaking Brats!  You especially

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 17, 2015, 11:03:48 pm
Spoiled?! Franking spoiled?!

We're praying just to make the tourney!

A once storied program has been floundering in mediocrity for over 20 years and we're spoiled?

Bull, we're beat down, discouraged, and just plain tired of mediocre results from mediocre coaches but we're not spoiled.

We haven't won enough lately to be spoiled and from the looks of tonight we won't in the future either.

I love Mike and his connection and loyalty to our program but this is unacceptable. It needs to be fixed or he needs to go.

Period.

You know as well as I do that making the tourney will not be enough for most on here

elksnort

Like our lives, CMA's tenure at Arkansas is limited.

ICEman

Quote from: collegestationhog on January 17, 2015, 11:00:30 pm
Our boys need tougher skin. They get a couple bad calls or a couple things go wrong and they get all flustered and fall apart. Unfortunately tonight there were so many missed calls and BS calls that went against the hogs. Might have been the poorest officiating job ive seen in a while.  We have to find ways to overcome that.
...and they need to hit the weight room; Madden has the upper body strength of a highschooler just exiting puberty.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Maddhog

Did he really?  I had already changed channels so I didn't see the end.   Andy Kennedy is not my favorite person but he obviously has Anderson's number. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

elksnort

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:05:24 pm
You know as well as I do that making the tourney will not be enough for most on here
well no darn,  of course it would not be.

BassinHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 10:51:30 pm
2 gAme losing streak and fans want to bail on the season. And we wanna act like our fans are worth a darn. Fans in here are worse than our defense. There is no excuse for quitting on these guys

Blah, Blah Blah, this crap is the same song different verse. Fans are getting tired the same old thing!

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me!

Beat all the cupcakes at home before SEC play, losing on the road and now it is trickling to SEC home games!

Tired of being a wishful NIT or NCAAT Bubble Team.

CMA has had plenty of time to get players for his "Style" of play. Problem is, his  style of play does not work.

If CMA was ever going to get a Technical and show some fire tonight was the night, you are at home and you are coming off a road loss and you are getting you A$$ handed to you but all he can do is make sour faces.

Yes, there are plenty of excuses to give up on a CMA team!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

lefty08

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2015, 11:04:52 pm
And in that same time the team has the worst ratio wins at home vs. on the road in the entire country. Grip that.

What's your point? The reason the difference is so big is because they win so much at home. So I guess you would prefer losing more home games to decrease the difference?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: vandybuff on January 17, 2015, 11:02:05 pm
guys, good luck the rest of the way. 

Thanks vandy! We're probably gonna need some luck playing defense via Skype.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lefty08

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 17, 2015, 11:06:33 pm
Blah, Blah Blah, this crap is the same song different verse. Fans are getting tired the same old thing!

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me!

Beat all the cupcakes at home before SEC play, losing on the road and now it is trickling to SEC home games!

Tired of being a wishful NIT or NCAAT Bubble Team.

CMA has had plenty of time to get players for his "Style" of play. Problem is, his  style of play does not work.

If CMA was ever going to get a Technical and show some fire tonight was the night, you are at home and you are coming off a road loss and you are getting you A$$ handed to you but all he can do is make sour faces.

Yes, there are plenty of excuses to give up on a CMA team!

Yep, more free throws for 1 of the nation's best free throw shooting teams was the ticket. He should have done that

hoglady

Well - that was ugly.
Don't have clue where this team is headed now.
Got my hopes up that this team had it together this year.
Critical times - we don't right the ship quickly this could domino into a long losing streak.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Deep Shoat

It shouldn't be "enough".  This is year 4, not year 2.  We have a probable lottery pick and a lot of other talent around him.  We average 80+PPG.

I'm guessing you are early to mid 20's, aren't you?
All Gas, No Brakes!

jfred59

Quote from: hogs25 on January 17, 2015, 11:01:30 pm
OMG I didn't believe it but backed it up and you're right he DID NOT shake AKs hand.  AK even stopped and waited on Mike but MA blew him off again.  Respect is earned coach.  Embarrassing.   

Who cares if Mr. Cant perform in bed is upset our coach doesnt shake hands.  Let it go

alohawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:06:37 pm
What's your point? The reason the difference is so big is because they win so much at home. So I guess you would prefer losing more home games to decrease the difference?

Sure, it has nothing to do with being inept on the road.

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hogsmo Kramer

I don't speak for them I speak for myself.

I said last year tourney and I'm good and I stand by that.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

lefty08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 17, 2015, 11:08:00 pm
It shouldn't be "enough".  This is year 4, not year 2.  We have a probable lottery pick and a lot of other talent around him.  We average 80+PPG.

I'm guessing you are early to mid 20's, aren't you?

I never said I thought it was enough. You realize we have 14 more games to go This year. Our win at Georgia was one of the most impressive in the conference so far. This team has the ability. And I'm 36. Thanks for asking

lefty08

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2015, 11:08:39 pm
Sure, it has nothing to do with being inept on the road.

Sure it does, also has a lot to do with being dominant at home

hogs25

Quote from: jfred59 on January 17, 2015, 11:08:26 pm
Who cares if Mr. Cant perform in bed is upset our coach doesnt shake hands.  Let it go

I couldn't care less but it's still classless.  Is mike showing his true colors?

DeltaHog66

Now that was a stupid comment.

lefty08

I realize the SEC is a football conference. This football mentality has rubbed off on fans in this entire conference. 2 losses in basketball mean zero in the big scheme, it's not football. As long as your losses are to teams under 100 in the rpi, recovery can be made

alohawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:10:38 pm
Sure it does, also has a lot to do with being dominant at home

They sure a heck weren't dominant tonight, dominated more like it and big time.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

lefty08

lefty08

Quote from: alohawg on January 17, 2015, 11:13:10 pm
They sure a heck weren't dominant tonight, dominated more like it and big time.

Yes they we're, and the season isn't over

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Kevin

season isn't over, but every game looks to be a dogfight now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

lefty08

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:15:11 pm
season isn't over, but every game looks to be a dogfight now

Every gAme was gonna be a dogfight, always has been, even for our better teams

jfred59

Quote from: hogs25 on January 17, 2015, 11:11:49 pm
I couldn't care less but it's still classless.  Is mike showing his true colors?

Came out a bit ago he did shake his hand so all is well

Kevin

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:15:50 pm
Every gAme was gonna be a dogfight, always has been, even for our better teams

should not be in this league. some team will break out of the mess of average teams, to win 12 and get to the tournament. not sure that is going to be us now.

elkhog

Quote from: hogs25 on January 17, 2015, 11:01:30 pm
OMG I didn't believe it but backed it up and you're right he DID NOT shake AKs hand.  AK even stopped and waited on Mike but MA blew him off again.  Respect is earned coach.  Embarrassing.   

I saw that.  Kennedy even had his hand extended and Mike ignored him and went on the court leaving his assistants to shake the guys hand.  Wow. 
GO HOGS!!!

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: hogs25 on January 17, 2015, 11:11:49 pm
We don't know what all was said during the game,etc and this isn't the norm for Coach so I am not going to bash him for not shaking hands. 

Kevin

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on January 17, 2015, 11:18:30 pm
We don't know what all was said during the game,etc and this isn't the norm for Coach so I am not going to bash him for not shaking hands. 

but you would if it was the other coach

Deep Shoat

Quote from: lefty08 on January 17, 2015, 11:12:44 pm
I realize the SEC is a football conference. This football mentality has rubbed off on fans in this entire conference. 2 losses in basketball mean zero in the big scheme, it's not football. As long as your losses are to teams under 100 in the rpi, recovery can be made
Are you just incapable of understanding that it isn't THAT we lost, it's the WAY we lost?  The SAME way we always lose?

You always try to make this a litmus test of fanhood.  Or act like we don't understand the basketball season.  Neither are the case.  It's just a bunch of people tired of playing crappy defense and undisciplined O.
All Gas, No Brakes!

lefty08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 17, 2015, 11:19:03 pm
Are you just incapable of understanding that it isn't THAT we lost, it's the WAY we lost?  The SAME way we always lose?

You always try to make this a litmus test of fanhood.  Or act like we don't understand the basketball season.  Neither are the case.  It's just a bunch of people tired of playing crappy defense and undisciplined O.

Are you incapable of understanding I'm not disagreeing with you at all? I'm as upset about the loss as anyone, just reading the crap on here about the season being over is ridiculous. Read what I type in here without emotion. Take a step back. It will be fine. We didn't accidentally beat Georgia last week on the road

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on January 17, 2015, 11:05:50 pm
Like our lives, CMA's tenure at Arkansas is limited.
Mike is not going any where any time soon.so you may as well forget that.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2015, 11:18:57 pm
but you would if it was the other coach
Doubt it.  But...it has already been stated that Coach DID shake hands so you all can quit bashing him for what you thought was a classless act...

vandybuff

January 18, 2015, 07:20:07 am #1049 Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:08:10 pm by vandybuff
Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on January 17, 2015, 11:06:40 pm
Thanks vandy! We're probably gonna need some luck playing defense via Skype.
You're welcome.  I think everyone but Kentucky is playing for three NCAA spots ... 13 teams contending for three positions ... in a weird way, this should take the pressure off - just go and play every night!
Again, good luck! 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!