Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Georgia

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 06, 2015, 05:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Temprees

Quote from: hogs25 on January 06, 2015, 08:08:12 pm
Why take a timeout?
To make sure that we didn't give up a quick layup.  That was the only way that Georgia had a chance to get a chance to tie the game. With a quick 2 the clock would stop. Then Georgia could try to get a 5 second count or a steal on our inbound pass.  After the timeout we had 3 defenders in the front court making sure that Georgia found not get a quick two.  Georgia turned it over trying to get a quick 2.  Good job of coaching by Coach anderson.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: FreshHog on January 06, 2015, 08:22:09 pm
We really didnt play that bad. Georgia was just on fire and hitting every shot they took.

Good road win. Happy for my hogs!

Georgia did play out of their minds the 1st half and outside of Portis the rest didn't look good,but to win a road game like this is awesome.

porknbeans

Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

panhandlepig

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 06, 2015, 08:24:15 pm
Wow. I can't believe the Hogs won this. They were down last I saw. Great start to SEC play!

I get where you are coming from. Part of me didn't believe we would win either. But, I still thought we could, and we did. This win sets a tone for the season. We WON on the road. Those kids believe they can do it again, and so do I. Go Hogs. Take care of businesses. Just win every time you can. WPS.

hillhog

Long time in coming, wps, great finish to an ugly game.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 06, 2015, 08:12:01 pm
Hogs played like crap 1st half  Georgia was redhot and ice cold in the 2nd.   Great road win.

Not really. The Hogs shot over 40% from the field in the first half but everything Georgia threw at the basket went in.

BIG road win!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pigture perfect

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 06, 2015, 08:21:44 pm
Fair Warning for next Game Thread. References to white dude/black guy will not be tolerated. Players have a name on the back of the jersey, and if you cannot distinguish that, they also have a prominent number on the jersey as well. Recommend you try using those two options to distinguish player performance. Go HOGS!
The refs did not have names on their backs. My comment was not racial, but discriptive because one was taller than the other and those 2 were different from the other. I did not mean for it to be offensive.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

I did enjoy seeing this team play smart and aggressive in the 2nd half.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 06, 2015, 09:25:38 pm
The refs did not have names on their backs. My comment was not racial, but discriptive because one was taller than the other and those 2 were different from the other. I did not mean for it to be offensive.
Understand, however, it appeared throughout the game thread to be getting out of hand, most of which I deleted. Short or tall Ref or his # would have sufficed.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

pigture perfect

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on January 06, 2015, 08:22:55 pm
Is Euro dude unacceptable?

Cmon there a MOVE named after it.

Not in this super PC liberal world. Can't point out any of that stuff unless you are that category.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

opineonswine

PonderinHog

intelligence

Quote from: porknbeans on January 06, 2015, 08:41:05 pm
URL doesn't work for me. This one does. Awesome dunk. Wait for the end for a zoomed in slo-mo shot of it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12130176

The genius Developers over @ espn are still using relative path's in their apps.

panhandlepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2015, 10:53:51 pm
Win of humongous proportions.

It is just a win. Gotta win more. But yeah, humongous might happen. go hogs.

opineonswine

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2015, 09:48:20 pm
Not in this super PC liberal world. Can't point out any of that stuff unless you are that category.

We really can't say white guy or black guy now?  Wow.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 07, 2015, 09:38:45 am
We really can't say white guy or black guy now?  Wow.

Maybe "light skinned" and "dark skinned" are the PC terms to correctly use these days..........????
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The_Iceman

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 07, 2015, 12:32:29 pm
Maybe "light skinned" and "dark skinned" are the PC terms to correctly use these days..........????

complexion?

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

lefty08

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 06, 2015, 09:43:19 pm
Cool. again, I meant no offense.

It had more to do with the immaturity of the other posters piling on than it did with your first comment. No harm done
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MemphisBossHog

meant to do this last night when the game was over but the thread got moved as I pressed POST and my post was lost.

Just wanted to say how proud I am/was of the guys.  In the first half, I questioned whether or not Mike had gotten the team to turn the corner so to speak and be able to win on the road in the SEC against a quality opponent in a meaningful game.

Well thank goodness I was wrong.  The second half was impressive for the Hogs and I am so proud of how they fought through all the BS calls by the referees and how they kept their poise down the stretch.

It got a little dicey at the very end as we turned it over a couple times but MQualls was clutch at the FT line and they pulled it out. 

Great job Hogs.  Now build on this win and lets get out to a great start in conference