Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ California

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 24, 2014, 09:14:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogarusa

I feel for the fans who dvr'd the game and have to watch this tomorrow.  swept by Cal.  0-4 2nd round showing in the NiT
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

hawgfan4life

Seriously!  What set do we run when shooting that bad?  We were missing everywhere and wide open looks.  That is just stupid.  Too bad most of you know it alls aren't coaches.  Then Arkansas would have a ton of high school all Americans to recruit and the best of you could take AR on a run of championships that would make UCLA jealous

hogs25

Bell needs to work hard on his shot like Pat B. and R. Clarke.  We seriously need some talent.

WilsonHog

That was as entertaining a loss as I've ever watched.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PonderinHog

Quote from: Squealers on March 25, 2014, 12:22:15 am
Now get to bed people!
You're not the boss of me.  i wanna stay up and listen to Walton!

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 25, 2014, 12:22:43 am
That was as entertaining a loss as I've ever watched.

True, bill Walton cracked me up. Dude has to be on something

lrcentral

Quote from: HogFanatic on March 25, 2014, 12:20:56 am
Tried to warn ya'll about the 2,000 mile road trip and late start.
Poor shooting. Hogs' bane. We all know what the Hogs need to win, don't have it.

Simple as that.

A coach that can actually coach up players and recruit?

Wild Bill Hog

hogs25

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 25, 2014, 12:22:50 am
I'm laying down $500 on SMU against Cal

SMU looked like a different team night and day than when we played them.  Would've lost that game if I would've layed some action on LSU.  Larry Brown is a real coach.

ICEman

That's the last NIT game that I watch this year.  Irrelevant tournament and now totally irrelevant to me.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

the END.

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 25, 2014, 12:23:38 am
True, bill Walton cracked me up. Dude has to be on something

Was on. He's a Dead Head. Fried his egg long, long ago. Acid isn't your intellect's friend.

alohawg

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 25, 2014, 12:22:21 am
Seriously!  What set do we run when shooting that bad?  We were missing everywhere and wide open looks.  That is just stupid.  Too bad most of you know it alls aren't coaches.  Then Arkansas would have a ton of high school all Americans to recruit and the best of you could take AR on a run of championships that would make UCLA jealous

You put Kingsley and Portis in and pound it down low and stop with the full court press once in a while. You sit guys that continue jacking up stupid shots like the runner Madden threw up. Rebound with both hands. That's a start.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

urkillnmesmalls

Can't shoot.  Been an issue for years now, and when we shoot even decent, we do OK. 

BUT...there will be games like that, and we don't have the inside presence for "plan B."  That was as lackluster as it gets, and I hated to watch us play so far below our potential like that.  Oh well...
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Delicious~Dreams

Admit it or not.....We made it to the NIT, which is better than where we were last season.   

PorkerOinker

Quote from: hogs25 on March 25, 2014, 12:13:40 am
Yep, if we played another half we'd win.

To bad this isn't hockey. The third period was ours for the taking.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

10thPlanet

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 25, 2014, 12:27:28 am
Admit it or not.....We made it to the NIT, which is better than where we were last season.   

Just barely.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 25, 2014, 12:27:51 am
To bad this isn't hockey. The third period was ours for the taking.
60 minutes of hell!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on March 25, 2014, 12:27:28 am
It is better than last year.

razorbackkid

September is not too far away.  See ya on MMQ.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Locutus_of_Boar

For all the blather one has to put up with to listen to Walton, he did hit the key point of failure with Anderson's team every time Arkansas would start to make a run when he'd ask: "But who will lead them back?"

Now we have to wait at least 8 more months to see if that question has an answer.

panhandlepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 25, 2014, 12:28:53 am
60 minutes of hell!

Sounds good to me..wait maybe not. As bad as this game was and the Bama and SC game we did have some good times this year. It was better than last year. Go Hogs and make next year way better. Like WAY BETTER. WPS

Letsroll1200

We have to defend better. MA can't make shots for this team. Qualls get I the gym and learn how to dribble. Ant Bell keep shooting because you are not there yet. Madden get stronger so you can finish at the rim. I hate it's over now I have to watch the football hogs. I'm not thrilled!!!!

PorkerOinker

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 25, 2014, 12:26:03 am
Can't shoot.  Been an issue for years now, and when we shoot even decent, we do OK. 

BUT...there will be games like that, and we don't have the inside presence for "plan B."  That was as lackluster as it gets, and I hated to watch us play so far below our potential like that.  Oh well...

If you can't shoot consistently, you will never win consistently.

moses_007

The bright side is that we did a lot better in basketball than in football.  Hoping 2014-15 will be a tremendous improvement in both sports.

AWHAWG

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 25, 2014, 12:23:22 am
You're not the boss of me.  i wanna stay up and listen to Walton!
Awe mom do we have too?

PorkerOinker

Say what you want I enjoyed listening to Bill Walton, that dude is loving life and he isn't gonna let anything or anyone change. Anybody that can watch that game Arkansas played tonight and still be as high on them as he was is living life good.

Wild Bill Hog

I don't imagine Walton has a lot of love for Cal.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 25, 2014, 01:55:18 am
I don't imagine Walton has a lot of love for Cal.

If he has any dislike for Cal, then it didn't come across in the telecast.  He was fair and balanced.  He even intimated that he would have preferred to go to UCLA during BB semester, and then gone to Cal the rest of the year. 

There was a LOT of extraneous information that I have no idea what he was talking about, but it wasn't biased for one side or the other.  He did point out how much UCLA owned Cal during his time and that they may not love him too much, and that Arkansas' one prior trip to California didn't go well for them, so he did make sure he plugged himself and UCLA plenty of times.  He said good things about both sides though. 

Probably the most telling two comments were about us, and I paraphrase.  "Arkansas needs to work much harder on shooting the basketball in practice."  He also said, "A lot can be said about basketball, but in the end, it's about making baskets and you have to be able to get the ball in hoop." 

I have NEVER seen a team shoot worse than we did in the first half of that game.  NOT even close, and it made me wonder if Walton had shared some of whatever he was on with the team at the shoot around.   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hihog

Buzzards riding a $hit wagon kind of a game! Stunk up the whole dayuuuum house!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 25, 2014, 07:48:24 am
I have NEVER seen a team shoot worse than we did in the first half of that game.  NOT even close, and it made me wonder if Walton had shared some of whatever he was on with the team at the shoot around.   ;D

And everything they put up went in.  It was a perfect storm.

At least they didn't quit and I think all of them played hard to the final minute.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hog.goblin

Quote from: Notshavin on March 25, 2014, 04:53:48 pm
At least they didn't quit and I think all of them played hard to the final minute.

Truth.  Mike has control of this team.  Now we need to add some talent.