Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2014 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 20, 2014, 06:54:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Oliver misses two FTs for Dayton.

Buckeye ball at 1:06 and time out
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Cincinnati and Harvard have just tipped off on TNT

jbcarol

HamIAm

Ohio State has some weird looking uniforms when you see them up close. The back of the jersey where the material looks like its probably ventilated, there are patterns woven into the fabric. I know its a buckeye plant, but it looks like they have flowers on their uniform.

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Boar War

Love the OSU players arguing the totally obvious foul on the three point line.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jackrabbit Hog

That layup by Craft was straight outta the playground.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

HamIAm

The Boar War

jbcarol

Danny J

Wow...the vaunted Big 10 looks GREAT!!!! /sarcasm

Atlhogfan1

Good to see the refs didn't bail Craft out on the last drive.

What a shot by Dayton though for the win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jackrabbit Hog

First game of the tournament is an upset that went to the buzzer.  Hope it's an omen.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Billionaire dreams begin to dwindle.

Que Quicken Loans commercial.

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Breems

I picked Ohio State. Oh well. Fun game to watch.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Boar War

Professor Psychosis

It's always a good day when Ohio State loses in any sport.

HamIAm

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 20, 2014, 01:20:54 pm
Good to see the refs didn't bail Craft out on the last drive.

What a shot by Dayton though for the win. 

He was trying to draw the foul.  The refs just didn't buy it.

jfan01

Quote from: jbcarol on March 20, 2014, 01:21:04 pm
Billionaire dreams begin to dwindle.

Que Quicken Loans commercial.

My billion is gone...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 20, 2014, 01:20:42 pm
Wow...the vaunted Big 10 looks GREAT!!!! /sarcasm

Does this make the A10 look good?

From having experienced Oh St fans at the Sugar Bowl, this kind of tough loss for them is enjoyable. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

Ally McForce with Sanford who beat Craft on the game winner: We just want to play as hard as we can.

Adam Stokes

My billion is still intact!  12.5 million people can't say the same thing.

jbcarol

American, once up 17-10 is now down 62-28 with 6:27 to go.

No 15-2 upset here.

ricepig

Quote from: Breems on March 20, 2014, 01:21:32 pm
I picked Ohio State. Oh well. Fun game to watch.

Me too, I was going to donate the billion to charity, mine! Refs kind of swallowed the whistle at the end, but that's usual.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 20, 2014, 01:22:26 pm
Does this make the A10 look good?

From having experienced Oh St fans at the Sugar Bowl, this kind of tough loss for them is enjoyable.
I am not sure it really speaks to either of their prowess as a conference as I think both are overrated big time. I mean big time. I only have two big ten teams advancing out of first round and Wisconsin losing in the next round. I think the only legit team out of the big ten is MSU.

Colorado being raped by a ACC team.

HamIAm

chiefhawg

Dayton drive last shot goes in. Same setup vs Missouri, Ky Madden shot bounces off rim.  It is basketball.

jbcarol

SPAL

Loved the officiating in that one. From start to finish they were consistent and let them play within the rules of the game. Hats off to the officials.

I picked Dayton in most of my brackets. I went conservative in the Billion Dollar Challenge though and picked OSU. Oh well.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Danny J

jbcarol

The_Iceman

Ohio State refused to play them similar to the way we do with Arkansas State.

jbcarol

Christine with Jamie Dixon: The defense turned up our offense...

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 20, 2014, 01:22:26 pm

Same here.  Arrogant bunch.  Almost got into a fight with one at a restaurant on Canal Street after the game. 

popcornhog

WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

Last 3 shots were layups into heavy traffic with contact.  The refs let all three go with no foul calls.  Let the players decide the game. 

SEC officials....hope you were watching.

Hog1966

Danny J

Quote from: popcornhog on March 20, 2014, 01:30:40 pm
Yahoo! My bracket stays alive!
Mine too. So far so good. I knew picking against the Big ten was a good idea. Anytime with the exception of MSU I have Big ten picked to lose against a similar seed or really even against another power conference.

jbcarol

Cronin played a guy not in "the book".

Smart guys hit one of two FTs for the "administrative" technical.

Cronin is all worked up.

jbcarol

Break & Run

That was my upset pick of the first round.  Perfect Bracket, here I come.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."