Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Vanderbilt

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 08, 2014, 02:26:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Big Boi on February 08, 2014, 05:32:26 pm
What game did you watch? I like CMA and love the Hawgs but Stallings was far from out coached.

Who won the game? Just because you designed a few plays doesn't mean you are superior...Its all about making the plays.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Big Boi on February 08, 2014, 05:42:26 pm
Didn't say Stallings out coached CMA. However CMA definitely didn't do anything special. Questionable lineups at the end of the game, along with lack of play design out of timeouts hurt us.  We do have a system and a style of play. That is a major upgrade from the previous staff. I'm going to enjoy this win!!!! GHG  :razorback: :razorback:

I did!! It's is strange to me when we are on the short end of the stick one of the complaints is MA got out coached. However, when we WIN no one seems say MA coached a good game. Give the man his credit otherwise some come off looking like haters and making -BLUs' point. Got it!!

Point is you dont have to do anything special except execute your offense and make the play, more so than the other team.

But im sure you aren't one of those who do...nuff said.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

azhog10

Quote from: Big Boi on February 08, 2014, 05:42:26 pm
Didn't say Stallings out coached CMA. However CMA definitely didn't do anything special. Questionable lineups at the end of the game, along with lack of play design out of timeouts hurt us.  We do have a system and a style of play. That is a major upgrade from the previous staff. I'm going to enjoy this win!!!! GHG  :razorback: :razorback:
Just curious which lineups in particular? I felt like he had the right guys in there in the last 4. He went with the guys who will lock down on D and are serviceable on O. He moved Clarke in and out as he needed and used Kingsley in spots he could. The biggest issue was the quick whistles. Made it hard for anyone to try to play anything resembling to pressure defense. Madden picked up a foul where he never touched the kid and our bigs were getting hammered down low. It's hard to justify the ticky tack fouls on the guards and the physical play on the bigs.  Go back and look. The timeouts whether it be media, theirs, or our own we scored on 3 of 7 when we were getting the ball. Hate all you want but close to 50% ain't half bad. Oh and only once did we not get a shot.

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on February 08, 2014, 05:47:24 pm
Just curious which lineups in particular? I felt like he had the right guys in there in the last 4. He went with the guys who will lock down on D and are serviceable on O. He moved Clarke in and out as he needed and used Kingsley in spots he could. The biggest issue was the quick whistles. Made it hard for anyone to try to play anything resembling to pressure defense. Madden picked up a foul where he never touched the kid and our bigs were getting hammered down low. It's hard to justify the ticky tack fouls on the guards and the physical play on the bigs.  Go back and look. The timeouts whether it be media, theirs, or our own we scored on 3 of 7 when we were getting the ball. Hate all you want but close to 50% ain't half bad. Oh and only once did we not get a shot.

IMHO the Hogs were playing phenomenal when Kingsley, Portis, Clark, Madden, and Qualls were on the court together.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Arky

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on February 08, 2014, 06:19:48 pm
IMHO the Hogs were playing phenomenal when Kingsley, Portis, Clark, Madden, and Qualls were on the court together.
That's the lineup I want predominantly.

Dirty

Quote from: HawgnCorona on February 08, 2014, 05:43:21 pm
Who won the game? Just because you designed a few plays doesn't mean you are superior...Its all about making the plays.

That's right.  He started Wade the second half.

azhog10

i agree. It hurt when Clarke picked up his 4th. That group was going. Williams came in and gave great minutes in the 1st. Still hate his shot.

hogmolar

The only thing different than that was Wade for Qualls for defense correct?

Rbill

Quote from: azhog10 on February 08, 2014, 05:47:24 pm

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Harris and Scott's minutes somewhere around midway in the second half. And then putting in Harris when Clarke picked up a 4th foul with 4 minutes to go. And Williams coming in late and messing up a couple trips in a row.

I think Mike nailed the starting 5 of the 2nd half. All of the starters there except Wade in for Kikko because clearly he was playing well. I think he almost blew it by forgetting Gulley was on the team and continuing to insist on letting Harris find his game. The time has come and gone for that. And I hope Mike sees how effective we were with Portis and Kingsley down low together.

Of course I'm being very picky but those decisions will matter in close games to come. Great win!

AF74Razorback

Quote from: Breems on February 08, 2014, 05:37:25 pm
Sorry, I got a little excited.

Was happy to see the players overcome his coaching today. (Someone literally said that, lol).

Maybe the mental institutions were releasing more patients..   I feel many of them come here.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

Hihog

azhog10

Quote from: Rbill on February 08, 2014, 08:31:03 pm
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Harris and Scott's minutes somewhere around midway in the second half. And then putting in Harris when Clarke picked up a 4th foul with 4 minutes to go. And Williams coming in late and messing up a couple trips in a row.

I think Mike nailed the starting 5 of the 2nd half. All of the starters there except Wade in for Kikko because clearly he was playing well. I think he almost blew it by forgetting Gulley was on the team and continuing to insist on letting Harris find his game. The time has come and gone for that. And I hope Mike sees how effective we were with Portis and Kingsley down low together.

Of course I'm being very picky but those decisions will matter in close games to come. Great win!
I don't have a problem with Williams. He played great in the first half and provide a spark in the press. It looked to me that's what mike was trying to get back. You had to sub Harris for Clarke. With the game that close you go back to him around 2 mins and hope he doesn't get his 5th just in case it goes to OT. The Scott sub idk. I'm not a Scott fan so I won't ever understand subbing him in.