Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Tennessee

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 22, 2014, 06:34:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 22, 2014, 09:25:57 pm
What positives do you take from this loss? Please explain.

The only positive anyone could give is that we are +1 in the loss column once again.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: kaptainkory on January 22, 2014, 09:11:41 pm
MA needs to recruit more villains.  You can win at home with nice guys, but on the road you need villains.
I kinda see what you are saying.  Teams like Cincinnati that have strong, manly players that arent scared of anything.  Yeah, Mike needs something because these weakminded kids arent capable of closing out a road game in the SEC--and the SEC is NOT a great basketball conference. 

I mean MQualls shoots 50% from the field until the start of conference play and going into tonights game, he was shooting 19 freaking percent from the the field.  Did he suddenly forget how to shoot?  Did he lose his talent??  NO, he is simply rattled and scared like widdle baby when all those meany fans are yelling against him.  He doesnt know how to handle it. And that is the same thing with the team.  Until they grow a pair of cajones and man up on the road, this will keep happening over and over and over, except at Auburn.  MikeA has figured out Auburn but that is the only road arena he has figured out.

Johnboy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 22, 2014, 09:27:33 pm
if they don't read this crap we post, why do you care what is put up on this board ?
Its a rule of the forum. I try and follow the rules and it annoys me anyone trash talks kids.  Regardless if the kid will read it. It's just a crappy thing to do.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 22, 2014, 09:28:04 pm
The only positive anyone could give is that we are +1 in the loss column once again.
agreed, based on aesthetic beauty the letter L is much more pleasing to the eye than a W
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: chevymanar on January 22, 2014, 09:25:11 pm
You are right in your thinking but you will get blasted for having anything positive at all to say about how the kids did this evening.
let them bring it. I behind this staff & these kids who decided they wanted to be Hogs. We were really bad in seasons past but we are playing tougher this year , but we just aren't seeing the results yet. But they will come. We are taking baby steps but improving. We will get there. I'm not asking anyone in joining me in my faith. But I will stay with these Hogs because when the wins start coming and they will they will be even more satisfying. I' m a Hog Fan & your opinion doesn't matter.
I love off season Football!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: chevymanar on January 22, 2014, 09:29:34 pm
Its a rule of the forum. I try and follow the rules and it annoys me anyone trash talks kids.  Regardless if the kid will read it. It's just a crappy thing to do.
I haven't called a player out....not a single one....but I am calling the coach out, and if I can't do that...well, ce la vie

root_hawg

They need more beef in the lineup and it just isn't there.  We have the height but no beef

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: chevymanar on January 22, 2014, 09:26:11 pm
Yes because reading the forum is probably what all of them are gonna do when they get home. Hahaha

Then what does it matter what we post...if they aren't going to read it?
If you are happy with the state of this team, then so be it. But they aren't performing and CMA just isn't getting the job done. You can spin it any way you want. But the fact remains, we have 2 SEC road wins in the past 2 1/2 years.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Johnboy

What was out field goal percentage compared to other nights?  How about rebounds?  Surely those are better than the last road games.  That would be positive right? 

This is like fishing with dynamite. Lol

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: cal34 on January 22, 2014, 09:24:10 pm
Mike sounds satisfied on the radio. If i didn't watch the game id think we won by listening to him.
seriously??  I wish some site would put it on as a podcast or something. I would love to hear how he seemed okay with the loss.  I guess he is determined not to show any frustration.  I hope he knows how disappointed and frustrated Hog Nation has become with his woeful road performances.   Dont see how he could feel okay after having an 8 pt lead with 12 mins to play and then to give up an 11-2 run and basically give up the game after that.  There is nothing positive in that.

Johnboy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 22, 2014, 09:30:53 pm
I haven't called a player out....not a single one....but I am calling the coach out, and if I can't do that...well, ce la vie
When did I ever say that you were?  You are hilarious.

ICEman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 22, 2014, 09:29:51 pm
agreed, based on aesthetic beauty the letter L is much more pleasing to the eye than a W
Nature seeks balance and loves groups of three.  The trident shape of the W is far more satisfying a shape than the lowly letter L. =)
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ICEman on January 22, 2014, 09:34:18 pm
Nature seeks balance and loves groups of three.  The trident shape of the W is far more satisfying a shape than the lowly letter L. =)
now THAT we can debate.. !?!

MountieDawg

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 22, 2014, 09:30:47 pm
let them bring it. I behind this staff & these kids who decided they wanted to be Hogs. We were really bad in seasons past but we are playing tougher this year , but we just aren't seeing the results yet. But they will come. We are taking baby steps but improving. We will get there. I'm not asking anyone in joining me in my faith. But I will stay with these Hogs because when the wins start coming and they will they will be even more satisfying. I' m a Hog Fan & your opinion doesn't matter.

Is this Houston Nutt?
SEC!

hogfan10

Quote from: arkansaspanic on January 22, 2014, 09:08:36 pm
anyone saying the refs were any part of this is an idiot.  They were 100% fair and really favored our style by allowing physical play for 38 minutes of the game.  This is on our team and coaches
They favored our style?
                                      Tenn                         Ark
Blocks                                 10                           4
Steals                                   6                          10
Rebounds                            42                          37
Fouls                                   15                          29
FTs                                      38                          17

Something about those numbers doesn't scream fair. We still should have won the game. At some point our coach/coaches/players have got to realize right or wrong the game is going to be called different on the road and adjust.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: chevymanar on January 22, 2014, 09:32:45 pm
What was out field goal percentage compared to other nights?  How about rebounds?  Surely those are better than the last road games.  That would be positive right? 

This is like fishing with dynamite. Lol

Well, we weren't out rebounded by as much as we have been...and our FG% might have been better than in previous road games. But guess what?....we still lost yet another road game.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

root_hawg

Mike is satisfied; he knows he has at least 5 more years here at Arkansas so no pressure just take your time.

slobberinhog