Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas @ Texas A&M Game Thread

Started by Smithian, January 08, 2014, 06:39:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lookawayquick

CMA said he wanted to see what happened when his team was punched in the mouth.  He got his answer.  This team is un disciplined, weak between the ears.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: latrops on January 08, 2014, 10:01:52 pm
I'm trying to not give up....but this one hurts.  Not even competitive against a terrible aTm?  The pull from the darkside is getting stronger.  After two and a half years of being optimistic, tonight I started to lose the faith.

That is too easy. This team will get it turned around...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

arkansastrack

Quote from: Titanis on January 08, 2014, 09:57:34 pm
Awesome day for Arkansas athletics.
We have Jeff Long so we can all sleep good tonight....

latrops

Quote from: chevymanar on January 08, 2014, 10:01:42 pm
You people are so annoying. The guys are ALL having a super bad night. They will be better, but this one might get into their head.

This one wouldn't much matter if it weren't compounded by pretty much every road game of CMA's tenure.  This is the norm on the road.  It really is. 

HogFan219

Awful. Pathetic. I'm all about giving a coach time to get their systems installed, and I don't expect MA to have ALL of his pieces in place with deep experience just yet, but tonight was terrible. The worst 2nd half of basketball I could've expected. Embarrassing.

devildoghawg

Punched in the mouth is an understatement, this team took a steamy load right on the face.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

latrops

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 08, 2014, 10:04:08 pm

Blind faith?  I don't know what to base that on anymore.  Can't blame Mickelson this year.

The Hogfather

Same old, same old.  Stop saying we'll get it turned around and it was just a bad night for all our guys.  It ALWAYS is on the road.  Doesn't matter who we're playing.

HogFanatic

Guys, calm down. It was one game.
For now I'm gonna consider that an anomaly. And yes, I know it "looks like last year", but it really doesn't.

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen such a HORRIBLE shooting performance.
The team shrink was a bad idea.
Obviously.

They can turn it around.

Marshfieldhog

Jeff Long sucks at his job, the 2 biggest programs can't even sniff post season play. I dislike that guy

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dirty on January 08, 2014, 09:59:30 pm
They don't show up until we play like this. 

Your life is unhappy isn't it?  I'm sorry.

The Hogfather

It isn't just under MA.  We're [CENSORED] cursed on the road.

Breems

Quote from: Hexametaphosph8 on January 08, 2014, 09:57:27 pm
Not saying it's the only reason we're getting blown out, but it's truly amazing how many layups we have missed tonight.

It's pretty much the only reason. You can see how frustrated our best players were about it. We finished the game basically giving the ball up on offense and watching them shoot on defense.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

94 Hawg

Let me know when we've won 2 conf road games in the same season.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

riccoar

Hawg Red

I don't see @ Auburn on the schedule....

Music City Hog

Quote from: HogFanatic on January 08, 2014, 10:06:21 pm
For now I'm gonna consider that an anomaly. And yes, I know it "looks like last year", but it really doesn't.

Obviously.

They can turn it around.

An anomaly?  Our past 3 season SEC road record is like 2-23.  That's far from an anomaly.    That's a well established pattern with a large sample size. 

urkillnmesmalls

I can understand a bad game.  But when you're 4-17 from three point line, at some point don't you at least attempt to go big and get the ball in the paint and get some fouls.  Oh yeah...I forgot, we did that, but we don't have anyone on the team strong enough to hold onto the ball. 

I've NEVER seen that many missed shots from right at the rim in my life, and I've watched basketball for 40 years now.  They just fling it up there completely out of control. 

It makes no sense that we can't even compete against a below average SEC team on the road.  At some point, the question has to be raised with regard to our players out there laughing and cutting up while they're getting embarrassed like that, and we have to develop some toughness and will.  We play like WIMPS. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

latrops

Obviously.

They can turn it around.

That's the thing...it isn't just one game.  It is the same story every road game, every year.  It wasn't even competitive in the 2nd half.  Maybe the story ends differently this year, but it started exactly the same as it did last year and the year before....

cosmodrum

Quote from: 94 Hawg on January 08, 2014, 10:07:57 pm
Let me know when we've won 2 conf road games in the same season.

Hope you're in good health.
Go away, batin'

HawgnCorona

Quote from: latrops on January 08, 2014, 10:05:58 pm
Blind faith?  I don't know what to base that on anymore.  Can't blame Mickelson this year.

Whats blind about the fact just lost the game?! Other than that it is just one give. Some a guess you just throw in towel? Hell why do you expect the team to do something you obviously cant do...as a fan?!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

lookawayquick

HogFanatic - have you ever watched such an un disciplined display of hoops?  One on one offense and grab em defense doesn't get a W on the road.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 10:07:25 pm
It's pretty much the only reason. You can see how frustrated our best players were about it. We finished the game basically giving the ball up on offense and watching them shoot on defense.
I never saw us look that frustrated.  That's what bothered me.  If we're gonna lose to a bad team on the road I want to see techs/guys fouling out, etc.  It looked all too familiar.  I thought this team would be more competitive.  I think that's on Mike though.  The team was way too casual again. 

latrops

ICEman

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 08, 2014, 10:04:08 pm
Not on the road; not this year.  The die is cast for road worthiness for this team.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

mhuff

All I said last year was I wanted to see some coaching. This thing that Pelphrey and Anderson do where they stand on the sideline with their arms crossed and a wry smile as their teams are getting their brains beat out is getting to me. How about calling a time out and getting someones attention. How about a game plan.... I just don't see it. This is not good BB.

Pancetta

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2014, 09:59:56 pm
My dog died 3 weeks ago so.........
Well that sucks, you get a pass. 

I know this was a terrible game but people that say this one loss will keep us out of NCAAT are being overly dramatic.  This isn't football, you can play a couple of dog awful games and still get in the dance.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Wild Bill Hog

They can turn it around.

How many games have we said that about?

HawgnCorona

Does anybody have an idea of the number of shots we missed at point blank range?! It wasnt like were getting it inside, we just didnt put it in the basket.
Along with turnovers and missed FTs. Things we have done well...

ICEman

Mike headed to his post game.  Should be interesting.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pancetta on January 08, 2014, 10:15:37 pm
Well that sucks, you get a pass. 

I know this was a terrible game but people that say this one loss will keep us out of NCAAT are being overly dramatic.  This isn't football, you can play a couple of dog awful games and still get in the dance.

This one loss? No.

All the other road losses we'll have this year, which may be all of them...yes.
Go away, batin'

lookawayquick

Who is the leader on this team?  That player didn't show tonight.  Does the team have a leader who stays strong and calm when things go bad?

HogFanatic

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 08, 2014, 10:08:31 pm

An anomaly?  Our past 3 season SEC road record is like 2-23.  That's far from an anomaly.    That's a well established pattern with a large sample size.

Inexplicably horrendous shooting including ten or more missed layups.
Qualls was 1-11 from the field. 5 missed layups.

That isn't the coach. Get rid of the shrink.

By your logic we should disband the team.
We haven't had success on the road in many years.

passinghog

Not a good day for Arkansas athletics. Good thing about BB is there's another game coming up soon. Very, very, very, very bad loss though.  Glad I turned it off at the 15:00 min mark. Was hoping for a comeback... :-(

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogFanatic on January 08, 2014, 10:18:44 pm
Inexplicably horrendous shooting including ten or more missed layups.
Qualls was 1-11 from the field. 5 missed layups.

That isn't the coach. Get rid of the shrink.

By your logic we should disband the team.
We haven't had success on the road in many years.

I'm about to the point of disbanding the team. Maybe the entire athletic program.
Go away, batin'

Beaverfever

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 08, 2014, 10:18:47 pm
Not a good day for Arkansas athletics. Good thing about BB is there's another game coming up soon. Very, very, very, very bad loss though.  Glad I turned it off at the 15:00 min mark. Was hoping for a comeback... :-(
see that's the problem is I can't get pumped about us winning a home game.  I'm jaded until we can bring it when it matters.  Win with adversity and I'll be impressed.  Home wins just feel hollow at this point. 

Pancetta

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 10:09:20 pm
I can understand a bad game.  But when you're 4-17 from three point line, at some point don't you at least attempt to go big and get the ball in the paint and get some fouls.  Oh yeah...I forgot, we did that, but we don't have anyone on the team strong enough to hold onto the ball. 

I've NEVER seen that many missed shots from right at the rim in my life, and I've watched basketball for 40 years now.  They just fling it up there completely out of control. 

It makes no sense that we can't even compete against a below average SEC team on the road.  At some point, the question has to be raised with regard to our players out there laughing and cutting up while they're getting embarrassed like that, and we have to develop some toughness and will.  We play like WIMPS. 
If you can't hit 3s or midrange and you try to go inside.  Then every time you take it to the hole you have to run thru arms to get there with no foul you stop taking it to the hole or you try to beat the arms to the lane and you get wild as a sack of cats.  Then you miss and you can't set up defense and you get scored on at the other end.  Rinse and Repeat.  We'll go back home and look totally different.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

hogsanity

Hogs needed this win. They need 12 or 13 sec wins to make the ncaat and it is hard to get there losing this one.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ICEman

Mike Anderson: Post Game Show
Sounds like Chuck and Sunshine could just play any post game road game digital archive of any game from the past two years.

LZH

"Hi Ned, what do ya have there?"

"My first reader!"

ICEman

Home game victories are less than meaningless when it comes to tournament decision time.

cosmodrum

Had to search for the super-secret channel to watch this crap, too.
Go away, batin'

Bogghawg

Quote from: jfred59 on January 08, 2014, 09:57:30 pm
This bunch needs to take a bus back to Fayetteville not a plane because they dont deserve it
They need to take a Yugo.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogFanatic

I can't get over that crap.
What a pitiful shooting performance. Never seen anything like it.
not even close.

Breems

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 08, 2014, 10:11:49 pm
I never saw us look that frustrated.  That's what bothered me.  If we're gonna lose to a bad team on the road I want to see techs/guys fouling out, etc.  It looked all too familiar.  I thought this team would be more competitive.  I think that's on Mike though.  The team was way too casual again. 

They were. Harris and Qualls were visually frustrated.

We'll see how they respond. They aren't as bad as they showed tonight.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Beaverfever

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 10:40:29 pm

Yeah I agree about both of those guys.  I wish MA had given them more freedom to show it instead of letting them play zone and have 30 second offensive "sets". 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Breems on January 08, 2014, 10:40:29 pm

That's the thing, though...isn't it? Of course they're not that bad. But yet again, we look like we haven't touched a ball since last season when we go on the road.

I just don't get it.
Go away, batin'

Sivad

Quote from: ICEman on January 08, 2014, 10:16:44 pm
Mike headed to his post game.  Should be interesting.
Nope.
Same simple and tired cliches we've heard for 2 years from him.

89ALUM

Well, some days you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats..... YOU.

I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she