Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament Thread - 2013

Started by jbcarol, March 19, 2013, 04:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Do you think Wiltjer would do better at Butler, Bucknell, or Gonzaga?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Van Wijk went down hard.

Izzo's team is pulling away from the cold shooting Valpo team.

Valpo 12  State 29  4:04

Breems

Butler's offensive execution is strange. Lots of movement that accomplishes nothing. Reminds me of a Pelphrey set.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HamIAm

The announcer said Clarke almost didn't go to Butler because Arkansas has 3 ice baths and Butler only has one. The coach told Clarke he would ice him down in his bathtub if he would just come on.

Isn't that like tampering? Trying to convince a player from another team to come to your school?

SPAL

SPAL

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 12:00:53 pm
The announcer said Clarke almost didn't go to Butler because Arkansas has 3 ice baths and Butler only has one. The coach told Clarke he would ice him down in his bathtub if he would just come on.

Isn't that like tampering? Trying to convince a player from another team to come to your school?

Not if he was granted a release first. If he did all that prior, yes

HamIAm

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2013, 12:00:18 pm
Not if he was granted a release first. If he did all that prior, yes

Well, if he was granted a release first, why would he be concerned about how many ice baths Arkansas had?

Phenomenal One

No wonder Rotnei leads Butler in scoring .... He throws up a shot every time he gets his hands on the ball

SPAL

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 12:02:54 pm
Well, if he was granted a release first, why would he be concerned about how many ice baths Arkansas had?

I took it to mean RC wasn't sure he wanted to go to Butler because they didnt have what he was accustomed to at Arkansas.

Hawg4life33

Not much athleticism on the court for either team. Lot of jump shots.

Quote from: Phenomenal One on March 21, 2013, 12:02:56 pm
No wonder Rotnei leads Butler in scoring .... He throws up a shot every time he gets his hands on the ball
He's taken 4 shots in 13 minutes.

HamIAm

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2013, 12:03:14 pm
I took it to mean RC wasn't sure he wanted to go to Butler because they didnt have what he was accustomed to at Arkansas.

Could be.

Breems

Neither of these teams are making it far. Wish I wouldn't have put Butler beating Marquette.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Phenomenal One on March 21, 2013, 12:02:56 pm

Funny he left Arkansas to do the exact same thing he is doing at Butler. Still cant create a shot to save his life

Dr. Starcs

Wonder if butler gave unlimited access to equipment and apparel?

jbcarol

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 21, 2013, 12:07:41 pm
Wonder if butler gave unlimited access to equipment and apparel?

They play their home games in the old Hinkel arena where Hoosiers was filmed.

The storeroom is like a fitness and vintage clothing museum.

HamIAm

SPAL

Quote from: ThrillaHog on March 21, 2013, 12:06:51 pm
Funny he left Arkansas to do the exact same thing he is doing at Butler. Still cant create a shot to save his life

Was thinking the same thing

SPAL

jbcarol

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 12:00:53 pm

Was it a cold call?

Breems

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 12:12:18 pm
Everything Buckner puts up is rimming out.

Ole Miss doesn't play until later.

99toLife

Quote from: ThrillaHog on March 21, 2013, 12:06:51 pm

No he left Arkansas for a chance to play in the NCAAt.

Dr. Starcs

Frustrating that teams like butler have a tenth of the athletic ability as the hogs, yet is the exact reverse when it comes to knowing how to play basketball. 

Bucknell looks awful right now.

Rotnei may have used all his makes at his off site practice.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 21, 2013, 11:46:32 am
Clarke with ghost D as Casper hits for Bucknell

4-4 at 16:00
jb, it's Kaspar, not Casper (although I get the pun).  He went to high school with my oldest daughter.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RyeHogFan

I got nothing against Rotnei but right now Butler is winning DESPITE him. He keeps jacking up threes and clanging them all the while his team is dominating inside.

razorson

final 4 Louisville,New Mexico,Kansas, and Indiana. Lou. vs Ind.= Louisville

jbcarol

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2013, 12:17:50 pm
jb, it's Kaspar, not Casper (although I get the pun).  He went to high school with my oldest daughter.

Is he related to that Karl Kaspar?

HamIAm

Rotnei has thrown up a couple of real bricks this half.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Coach Pel was never a fan of the long two.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dr. Starcs

Steve smith takes a "shot" at rotnei at halftime. Lol

jbcarol

"There's a good two-for-eight and there's a bad two-for-eight."

"That's a bad two-for-eight."

- Half time commentator that is neither Seth Davis, Charles Barkley, nor Rex Chapman

jbcarol

Wichita State and Pitt about to tip off on TBS.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 12:24:55 pm
Rotnei has thrown up a couple of real bricks this half.
Act like you've been there, Fauxhawg.  Wait, nevermind...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 21, 2013, 12:32:40 pm
Steve smith takes a "shot" at rotnei at halftime. Lol

He wasn't even an A. about it. He just called it like he sees it.

jbcarol

Someone tipped off CBS that Michigan State and Valpo would be a great game to feature solo to kickoff Thursday coverage and thru the Butler timeout.

They were wrong.

jbcarol

Trivia: Which SEC team featured a home win over Bucknell as one of their top five wins on their tournament resume'?

SPAL

We are Missou, who you
Quote from: jbcarol on March 21, 2013, 12:42:02 pm
Trivia: Which SEC team featured a home win over Bucknell as one of their top five wins on their tournament resume'?

Breems

Quote from: 99toLife on March 21, 2013, 12:15:40 pm
No he left Arkansas for a chance to play in the NCAAt.

To play PG - something I was a fan of while he was here.

99toLife

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2013, 12:45:57 pm
To play PG - something I was a fan of while he was here.

Yeah, My comment was a little flippant.

jbcarol

Wich St. up 7-5 over Pitt at 1st media time out (TBS).

jbcarol

Roosevelt Jones is carrying the scoring load 23 minutes in: 11 points for Butler.

Efficient game: 4-6 FGs and 3-3 FTs.

jbcarol

SPAL

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bucknell 25  Butler 31  10:56  time out Brad Stevens