Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament Thread - 2013

Started by jbcarol, March 19, 2013, 04:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 04:20:35 pm
Did the board go down for anybody else for a couple of minutes?

Yes, been a little shaky the last few days.

HamIAm

#16 seed Southern is keeping the pressure on #1 seed Gonzaga
Southern 31 Gonzaga 33 at 37 seconds left in the first half

The Boar War

My complete lack of faith in Josh Pastner cost me a game.

HamIAm

Wow, Cochran for Davidson shoots 94% from the free throw line

HamIAm

Crap, Davidson threw the ball away with a 1 point lead and 5.5 seconds left

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HamIAm

Marquette takes the lead with 1 second left.  Davidson had this game well in hand until Marquette started raining 3's in the last couple of minutes.

jbcarol

Vander Blue layup with one second left puts Marquette up one.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Boar War

Pretty fortunate that Williams got an extra time out.

99toLife

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Boar War

For a tournament that's supposedly going to be chocked full of upsets, I'm certainly picking the wrong ones.

Hawg4life33

Don't you chuck it to half court, quick TO, get the ball on the side with like .7 left?

Danny J

Unreal.....

How Davidson let that slip away is beyond me.

HamIAm

It seems like the upsets usually bunch up on one day.

HamIAm

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on March 21, 2013, 04:46:20 pm
Don't you chuck it to half court, quick TO, get the ball on the side with like .7 left?

You're putting a lot of faith in the clock operator.

jbcarol

Hawg4life33

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 04:47:44 pm
You're putting a lot of faith in the clock operator.

I mean an instant catch and timeout they can look back at the clock, can't take off less than .2 or .3 seconds. Seems like a better strategy than going 94 feet in a second.

jbcarol

Quote from: The Boar War on March 21, 2013, 04:46:07 pm
For a tournament that's supposedly going to be chocked full of upsets, I'm certainly picking the wrong ones.

Chalk instead of chocked early on.

Dr. Starcs

Wouldn't have mattered. They didn't try for 94, that last pass was intercepted just beyond halfcourt.

Breems

Marquette barely saved me. Glad I have Butler beating them next game.

And I picked Memphis today, but don't fool yourselves. They're gone next round.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

I made possibly the dumbest pick of the century and sent Pittsburgh to the Final Four. Loved their defense, but they absolutely sucked. Should've went with common sense and picked a Gregg Marshall team with a ton of size.

Hawg4life33

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2013, 04:56:08 pm
I made possibly the dumbest pick of the century and sent Pittsburgh to the Final Four. Loved their defense, but they absolutely sucked. Should've went with common sense and picked a Gregg Marshall team with a ton of size.

Every time I do something like that it blows up in my face. This year I just went with it and have UNLV, St. Louis and New Mexico in the Final 4. Anyone looking at my bracket prolly thought a girl who likes weird mascots picked it.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on March 21, 2013, 05:00:46 pm
Every time I do something like that it blows up in my face. This year I just went with it and have UNLV, St. Louis and New Mexico in the Final 4. Anyone looking at my bracket prolly thought a girl who likes weird mascots picked it.

LoL, those are the fun brackets. I usually try to do two brackets - one based on stats and the other on hopes/prayers.

I went with Duke to win the championship this year. Ryan Kelly's return proved that few teams can hang with them.

Cresthog

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2013, 05:04:19 pm
I went with Duke to win the championship this year. Ryan Kelly's return proved that few teams can hang with them.

Fuh Real? They'll def. choke on it as usual.

And Marquette is going to stomp Butler in the next round. You don't get that lucky and then come out flat. Marquette can play and Williams is experienced as can be these days.

Breems

Quote from: Cresthog on March 21, 2013, 05:07:10 pm
Fuh Real? They'll def. choke on it as usual.

And Marquette is going to stomp Butler in the next round. You don't get that lucky and then come out flat. Marquette can play and Williams is experienced as can be these days.

I can't bring myself to trust the worst 3-point shooting team in the tournament.

Dr. Starcs

Gotta love the bench scrubs for "top seeded" gonzaga. Zags just hit a 3 to put them up 6 on mighty Southern mid second half. The scrubs jump up and play air guitar. Smh.

PonderinHog

HamIAm

Southern is starting to fade. Someone needs to give them a spark.

PonderinHog

Hawg4life33

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 05:21:37 pm
Southern is starting to fade. Someone needs to give them a spark.

Quick 10-2 run. This would be awesome.

PonderinHog

Hawg4life33

Forgot Brandon Moore played for them. Would be a great day for former Razorbacks.

rhog1

I don't care if it bust my bracket to crap go Southern.

RyeHogFan

Gonzaga sure didn't play like a 1-seed today. They better do better than that or Wichita St is gonna own em Saturday.

Hawg4life33

Oregon proving it was a travesty that they were a #12 seed.

ThrillaHog

Oklahoma st. Is about to give me my first incorrect pick. Dang it i was 7 for 7!

dsims2k3

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on March 21, 2013, 05:54:59 pm
Oregon proving it was a travesty that they were a #12 seed.

Former Razorback coach for a day Dana Altman's squad is putting it to Okie State.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Dr. Starcs

jbcarol

Pac 12 tourney champ and 12 seed Oregon leads Travis Ford's OKSt. team 65-51 with 1:13 to go.

99toLife

Quote from: dsims2k3 on March 21, 2013, 05:56:42 pm
Former Razorback coach for a day Dana Altman's squad is putting it to Okie State.

Dana is a good basketball coach.

Martygit

Fascinating - a coach who spent a day here looking at our program and ran for the hills by going back to Omaha, just (as a 12 seed) beat a 5 seed, and we're sitting here on our asses not only not being in the NCAA but not even being invited to the NIT - does anyone wonder what's wrong with the program  :puke:

This isn't a bash on MA but it certainly is a comment on the administration and what they've allowed this program to become - once, again  :puke:
RIP OTR, REV

The Boar War

Quote from: MartinGit on March 21, 2013, 06:10:29 pm
Fascinating - a coach who spent a day here looking at our program and ran for the hills by going back to Omaha, just (as a 12 seed) beat a 5 seed, and we're sitting here on our asses not only not being in the NCAA but not even being invited to the NIT - does anyone wonder what's wrong with the program  :puke:

This isn't a bash on MA but it certainly is a comment on the administration and what they've allowed this program to become - once, again  :puke:

You can put that one solely at the feet of Broyles.  But in the end it will work out.  FWIW Oregon wanted Anderson before Altman.

Jackrabbit Hog

It's like music to my ears to hear Verne Lundquist exclaim, "And the Jackrabbits are leading Michigan by three!"  'Cept it's South Dakota State, not Lonoke.   :'(
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HamIAm

8:20 left in the first half and S. Dakota has yet to put in a sub

z1on

Man Louisville's full court press is a thing of beauty.  Can't wait until we can press that functionally.

HamIAm

I said South Dakota State had yet to substitute.  I base that on no subs showing up in the stat sheet. I guess someone could have gone in and had no stats. But they are down to 2:55 left in the half and still only 5 show on the stat sheet.

GS99

Are they allowed to air a commercial that does not have Charles Barkley in it?

99toLife

Quote from: GS99 on March 21, 2013, 07:20:47 pm
Are they allowed to air a commercial that does not have Charles Barkley in it?

No it's the New "CHUCK" rule... he must be everywhere...

Hogz87

Oregon was criminally under-seeded.  Finished the regular season 3rd in the Pac-12 without their starting PG for 9 conference games (they were in 1st before he got hurt) and they won the Pac-12 tournament with their PG healthy.  They were also 2-0 against UCLA (who won the regular season Pac-12 championship) and beat Arizona.  How they only got a 12-seed is beyond me.