Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament Thread - 2013

Started by jbcarol, March 19, 2013, 04:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Doug Gottlieb just made a Duggars' reference during the Pitt game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bucknell up six at 9:55.  Media time out.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RyeHogFan

jbcarol

Quote from: RyeHogFan on March 21, 2013, 01:10:43 pm
That ginger can shoot!!

Dad said he hasn't seen anything like it since Florida's Coach Pelphrey in that Duke game.

jbcarol

Final from Auburn Hills

Valparaiso 54  Michigan State 65

Michigan State has a 6-11 winner to look forward to on Saturday.

jbcarol

Clarke knows when it goes in the post, it doesn't come back out for Butler.

jbcarol

jbcarol

New Mexico St and St. Louis have tipped off on TNT

jbcarol

KC Ross-Miller is lead guard for State.  He was a Gillispie recruit who got dropped when Calipari took his job.  He then signed with LSU but was an academic casualty (technicality due to part home school/private school transcript issue per his coach Tim Miller).

RyeHogFan

I picked Butler in my bracket but I'm really rooting for Bucknell.

jbcarol

Quote from: RyeHogFan on March 21, 2013, 01:21:55 pm
I picked Butler in my bracket but I'm really rooting for Bucknell.

Butler's back up five under five.

SPAL

HamIAm

Ole Miss' Henderson is already grabbing the spotlight and they don't play until tomorrow.

QuoteHarold Gutmann ‏@haroldgut 1h

Marshall Henderson, who's here in KC: "I'm trying to get paid here soon because I'm tired of doing all of this stuff for free"

RyeHogFan

Bucknell has gone cold at the worst possible time.

jbcarol

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 11:19:44 am
Watching Valparaiso vs Mich St. Someone should tell the graphics department that this is a first round game (just to the right of the CBS eye on the score graphic).  Or is it now considered 2nd round since they have the play in games?

It's just weird to type: "Last year Lehigh knocked out Duke in their second round game."

jbcarol

Quote from: HamIAm on March 21, 2013, 01:26:26 pm
Ole Miss' Henderson is already grabbing the spotlight and they don't play until tomorrow.

Ole Miss is a six point dog and the over/under is 129.5.

jbcarol

Final from Rupp

Bucknell 56  Butler 68

"We don't want to beat Butler, we want to be Butler."

jbcarol

Rotnei Clarke had 17 points and two assists to lead Butler to a 68-56 win over Bucknell in Lexington. Andrew Smith chipped in 14 and 16 for the Bulldogs. Joe Willman led the Bison with 20.

jbcarol

Memphis and St. Mary's have tipped off on CBS.

jbcarol

The Billikens are putting it on NewMexSt.  Up 26-12 with 3:01 in the half.

jbcarol

Butler will face the Marquette - Davidson winner.

jbcarol

razorson

jbcarol

St. Mary's and Memphis reach "the unscore"  7-Up

HamIAm

There have been some low scoring first halves so far.
Butler 21 Buckner 14
Michigan St 35  Valparaiso 18
St Louis 29  New Mexico State 16
Witchita State 26 Pitt 21
under 4 minutes left in first half  Memphis 22 St Mary's 13

jbcarol

jbcarol

Davidson and Marquette are 5 minutes in on truTV.

Davidson 7  Marq 2

Hawg4life33

Based on pure physical talent, Memphis may be one of the top 5-6 squads in the tourney. Showing it so far.

99toLife

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on March 21, 2013, 02:36:15 pm
Based on pure physical talent, Memphis may be one of the top 5-6 squads in the tourney. Showing it so far.

That Stephens kid has looked unreal at times.. 

Hawg4life33

Quote from: 99toLife on March 21, 2013, 02:43:32 pm
That Stephens kid has looked unreal at times..

Pastner seems sort of like a Calipari, Jr.  Recruit really well, spread the court and just out athlete teams. Memphis is full of 4 and 5 star talent.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Gottlieb just said Gregg Marshall was frustrated because he couldn't get a bigger job.

99toLife

jbcarol

8-9 game in SLC on TBS

Wichita St 65  Pitt 51  1:48

99toLife

jbcarol

Final

Wichita State takes down Pitt 73-55

One of the conference formerly known as the Big East's seven teams bites the dog.

jbcarol

Davidson 25  Marquette 23  Halftime in Rupp

Buzz Williams' team has low scoring half.

cosmodrum

Quote from: jbcarol on March 21, 2013, 03:21:22 pm
Davidson 25  Marquette 23  Halftime in Rupp

Buzz Williams' team has low scoring half.

WHAT A BARN BURNER! lol
Go away, batin'

jbcarol

Bob McKillop asked if Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel jinxed his team by talking about their foul shooting.

Eagle confessed.

jbcarol

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 21, 2013, 03:21:59 pm
WHAT A BARN BURNER! lol

Biggest since Auburn's Gym ("The Barn") went down in flame during the football tailgate.

HamIAm

Quote from: jbcarol on March 21, 2013, 03:23:34 pm
Biggest since Auburn's Gym ("The Barn") went down in flame during the football tailgate.

What is it with Auburn and things burning at football games. Seems there was a van that lost a tiger tail one time.

HamIAm

Southern with an early lead on Gonzaga 8-7  at 13:50 in the first half

HamIAm

Potential comeback by St Mary's. Down 2 with possession and 2 seconds left
CBS

ThrillaHog

HamIAm

St Mary's made Memphis sweat a little.  I think St Mary's could have been called for a couple of fouls on Memphis last possession, but there's stuff going on all over the court.

Memphis wins by 2

ThrillaHog

Yes my bracket is still perfect! That was a scare

razorson

Jackrabbit Hog

Memphis managed to keep from blowing it, despite its best efforts to do so.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HamIAm

Did the board go down for anybody else for a couple of minutes?