Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IF Arkansas upsets no.7 Florida....

Started by batmanfan, February 13, 2006, 09:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Will it be the time....to finally....rush the court?  I think they're is a chance and we SHOULD do it...but only if we beat Ole Piss this Wednesday.  So do you guys see it happening or not?  Is our student section "man" enough?

For you people who sit in the trough...I want your feedback on what you think...IMO, rush that shite.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: batmanfan on February 13, 2006, 09:27:12 pm
Will it be the time....to finally....rush the court?  I think they're is a chance and we SHOULD do it...but only if we beat Ole Piss this Wednesday.  So do you guys see it happening or not?  Is our student section "man" enough?

For you people who sit in the trough...I want your feedback on what you think...IMO, rush that shite.

BAT

BAT
who cares RUSH THE FLOOR! especially if we eat ole piss too.

sowmonella

Only if we beat the number one team should fans rush the court. Although the last decade has been bad, we are the National Program Florida wishes they were. We are supposed to win every game at BWA.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

dotnet

Why can't we just beat teams and act like we knew we were going to do it?  When is the last time Duke rushed the court after they beat someone?  This is embarrassing.  If you want to be a top ten program, then don't rush the court after you beat someone.  If you don't, then quit complaining that the team isn't playing good enough.

petro pig

Are you serious!!????  Is that what Hog basketball has come to?  Rush the floor if we beat the No. 7 team in the country.  Man, that's depressing.

hogattack21

I will be in the student section. We will probably decide IF it becomes apparent that we will win. That is a big if. IF we dominate them we probably wont, but lets say we are down by 2 with 3 seconds left and ronnie hits a 50fter to win; the impulse reaction to us would be to rush the floor. BTW, some of us are already planning on tearing down the goal post if we beat USC.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Mark_Freeman

have you ever heard the old saying "act like you've been there before"? its not that big a deal to beat florida, we still have to make the tourney. dont rush the stinkin floor unless you upset someone there was no chance you should beat.

hogfan13

If we win I will jump off the Upper deck and Rush on to the Court

SpasticColon

Not unless you want to cost your University 5 grand.
Frank would pee in his britches ;)

hogfan13

Quote from: SpasticColon on February 13, 2006, 10:05:08 pm
Not unless you want to cost your University 5 grand.
I would be GROUNDED.MY DADS WORKING THE FLORIDA GAME AS A COP

BentonvilleJeff

No on rushing the court. Like several have mentioned, act like you've been there before. I know some of you young ones haven't been there because we've been down the last few years but some of us vet fans have been there before and can remember other team's fans storming the court when they beat us.

One more pet peeve of mine is student sections around the country jumping up and down and copying the Cameron crazies. That drives me nuts just knowing their fans laugh and laugh when they see it. Literally, 99% of games I watch on tv the students are jumping up and down like Duke's student section. I don't want our Hog student section doing it. Come up with something cool. You're young and creative...show it. I'm not bashing our students, just want us to be original like student sections of the past.

Hogs958

I thought about that, but I dunno. It would be our biggest win in forever..ill do it if everyone else does...but we'll see how the game goes...

hogfan33

I will be in the student section as I am every game, and there is no way anyone will rush the court. Hell, most students have enough problems standing through all the timeouts

bolo1010

it prolly depends on how drunk the student section is if they rush the floor...with the right conditions they might rush the floor with a loss

chiefsfan

Quote from: dotnet on February 13, 2006, 09:38:36 pm
When is the last time Duke rushed the court after they beat someone? 

After they beat Virginia Tech this season...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ctthras

For the idiot that said "When is the last time Duke rushed the court?"    That was this year against Virginia Tech.  Before you say something, maybe you should know something first.  I sit in the trough as well and there is no way that those idiots will rush the court.  The world will end before 99% of the idiots in the Trough even cheer.  Here is how bad the Trough is..........It is "lead" by 35 year olds who are still in college (they are literally getting their fourth undergrad degree).  Plus we have people like this idiot that thinks he is Arkansas Basketball and is a jerk about it.  Actually it is fun to make fun of him......By the way....OLD PEOPLE MAKE NOISE..

Hogs958

The Trough is up and down. Good at times, bad in others...alot depends on the flow of the game...

bradyv15

Quote from: ctthras on February 13, 2006, 10:56:04 pm
For the idiot that said "When is the last time Duke rushed the court?"    That was this year against Virginia Tech.  Before you say something, maybe you should know something first.  I sit in the trough as well and there is no way that those idiots will rush the court.  The world will end before 99% of the idiots in the Trough even cheer.  Here is how bad the Trough is..........It is "lead" by 35 year olds who are still in college (they are literally getting their fourth undergrad degree).  Plus we have people like this idiot that thinks he is Arkansas Basketball and is a jerk about it.  Actually it is fun to make fun of him......By the way....OLD PEOPLE MAKE NOISE..

your carrying a lot of steam and intensity with you tonight...call yourself and idiot next time when you feel like callin someone else one...probably be more effective...no reason to call people an idiot for sayin that...second smite from me tonight

CiriusPorker

if we had beat duke..then i woudl say rush the court, but not florida...it would be embarrasing..

HolcombeHog

BAT

Hell no!  I am in the student section and I will never rush the court unless we beat Duke or North Carolina or somebody like that when they are ranked #1.  I get tired of seeing students rushing the court after beating a good team.

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

CiriusPorker

rushing the field or court is never anything that should be planned before the game..it should be spontaneous..as if it were such an impossible feat..now it's become something that people think is just fun.

the donger

Quote from: petro pig on February 13, 2006, 09:40:20 pm
Are you serious!!????  Is that what Hog basketball has come to?  Rush the floor if we beat the No. 7 team in the country.  Man, that's depressing.
Amen.

bolo1010

we shouldve rushed the court when we beat texas state...vincent hunter prolly would trip over the out of bounds line before he makes it to the middle of the court

hogpowr

the easy answer is........we arent going to win.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

_Collin1

ARE YOU KIDDING WITH THIS POST?  Is florida even top 7 even more?  I was a student in 2000 when we beat two top 5 ranked teams in a row (Kentucky/Auburn) in what is considered one of the greatest back to back games at bud walton ever.

We rushed the court for Auburn cause we were on the bubble and just beat two top 5 teams in 4 days.

We beat Florida next Saturday???  Im on my way to lot 56 saying "About [CENSORED] time".
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hawg414

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on February 13, 2006, 10:18:21 pm
No on rushing the court. Like several have mentioned, act like you've been there before. I know some of you young ones haven't been there because we've been down the last few years but some of us vet fans have been there before and can remember other team's fans storming the court when they beat us.

One more pet peeve of mine is student sections around the country jumping up and down and copying the Cameron crazies. That drives me nuts just knowing their fans laugh and laugh when they see it. Literally, 99% of games I watch on tv the students are jumping up and down like Duke's student section. I don't want our Hog student section doing it. Come up with something cool. You're young and creative...show it. I'm not bashing our students, just want us to be original like student sections of the past.

what he said  ^^^
please - please - dont rush the court. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Razorback7

If the Hogs upset the Gators I will wake up from my dream and turn on espn to see the truth. The truth is ugly. Let's face it we need a new coach.

Lando Calrissian

I want them to win, don't get me wrong, but RUSHING THE COURT?

Next thing you know the team will be celebrating in the stands after beating a team like Delaware Tech...
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

toshortrock

it;s getting to where if we beat anybody we need to rush the court
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

BossHog13

Beat Florida? It AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!! Stan, no fire/no heart to win, Heath is still the coach isn't he? Stop Dreamin! It AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!

LA HAWG

Quote from: BigC51 on February 14, 2006, 12:43:29 am
ARE YOU KIDDING WITH THIS POST?  Is florida even top 7 even more?  I was a student in 2000 when we beat two top 5 ranked teams in a row (Kentucky/Auburn) in what is considered one of the greatest back to back games at bud walton ever.

We rushed the court for Auburn cause we were on the bubble and just beat two top 5 teams in 4 days.

We beat Florida next Saturday???  Im on my way to lot 56 saying "About [CENSORED] time".

Dude I was at those two games as well.  I was in the student section right beside the opposing team tunnel on about the fifth row.  I did not think BWA could be any louder than it was for that Kentucky game but then we played Auburn.  That was the loudest by far I have ever heard BWA.  It was literally rocking from start to finish.  It was an electric atmosphere.  One of my favorite memories from the U of A.

To answer the post, NO!!

othermac

praise the Lord..............and start planning on beating Tennessee's overrated butt.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

hogfan064

BAT

No!!!  We are Arkansas.  We have won a NC been to 6 final 4's.  We don't rush the court for minor wins.  If we beat Florida it might rank in the top 100 of greatest Arkansas wins, mabye.   At home Arkansas should beat Florida. Unfortunately the program has slipped.  Plus we'll be fined by the SEC for doing it

hogfan98

no.  as someone said earlier, act like you've been there before.

arkbadger

Please, like everyone else has said, show some pride.  I graduated in 2002, and I remember games bigger than this where we never considered rushing the court.  Why?  Because we expected to win.  People rush the court against us, not the other way around.  We need to take a hard look at the continuing direction of our program if we are even discussing this issue.
You can keep that skoal baby.

hogSGreer

hey ctthras,

Who is it that is 35 and are literally getting their fourth undergrad degree, and who is it that thinks he is Arkansas Basketball and is a jerk about it.  I sit in the student section as well and would like to know who you are talking about.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: hogattack21 on February 13, 2006, 09:41:22 pm
I will be in the student section. We will probably decide IF it becomes apparent that we will win. That is a big if. IF we dominate them we probably wont, but lets say we are down by 2 with 3 seconds left and ronnie hits a 50fter to win; the impulse reaction to us would be to rush the floor. BTW, some of us are already planning on tearing down the goal post if we beat USC.
You mean if we hit a buzzer beater to win the game?  Then rush the court because we didn't blow a close one in the final seconds for the first time in 10 years... not b/c we beat the #7 team.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsNbeer

Hell NO...To answer the post...... Rushing the court makes us look stupid, and second rate like the other poster said...... Don't RUSH THE COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!    >:(

FLKeysGuy

I'm an 'old school' guy who believes that the BEST way to rub the opponents face in dookie is to act like you expected to win all along.  After a TD, Emmit Smith always took the ball directly to the ref and jogged off the field like, "been there - done that - I'll be back." 

Now, that being said, I have no problems with people rushing the court if we cut down the nets at the NCAA tourney.  ;)

12under

Quote from: Bogarto on February 13, 2006, 09:36:15 pm
We are still Arkansas we don't rush the floor for beating the #10 team in the country.
absolutely right on the money

HighOnHogs

Absolutely NOT!  Please do not embarrass us.

_Collin1

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 14, 2006, 06:59:11 am
Quote from: BigC51 on February 14, 2006, 12:43:29 am

Dude I was at those two games as well.  I was in the student section right beside the opposing team tunnel on about the fifth row.  I did not think BWA could be any louder than it was for that Kentucky game but then we played Auburn.  That was the loudest by far I have ever heard BWA.  It was literally rocking from start to finish.  It was an electric atmosphere.  One of my favorite memories from the U of A.

To answer the post, NO!!

Hehe, 2nd Row, close to the band for Auburn.  Kentucky was a weekend game before that and I got to Bud Walton at 6am and people were camping out.  They opened the doors at 10am and i got 3rd row in the middle.

Easily the greatest Razorback games I have seen there.  The Auburn noise was ridiculous.  That was right after Chris Porter got caught taking money from a "friend of the Auburn family".

Again, we beat Florida and you are in the Student section?  Sing the Hard to be Humble with the team then go to Dickson street and get trashed.  Just don't rush the court.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

HogInaStrangeLand

Though it would be a big win.

It is a win that should probably happen.

Besides, South Carolina swept 'em already.  Did you rush the floor when we beat south caroina?

HogHeathen

If the students rush the court it is a way of showing other teams you're inferior to them.  Florida wins DO/WILL NOT EVER constitute a floor rush.

Arkansas' history in B-ball should be enough to ward off the dreaded "nerdy", "I can't believe we won", "We're inferior to your program" floor rush.

I BEG YOU!!! If we win please don't bring our program to the light of an inferior program.  It will only be damaging.

HogInaStrangeLand

I feel safe about the "Floor" situation....

No one in their right mind thinks it a good idea...

Arkansas rushes floor when it cuts down nets..that's the standard now.

xxgibbyx

I sit in the student section and it is really hard to get excited during the games with the way our team plays. You almost expect us to lose the leads we have. The atmosphere feels like we are just waiting for something to go wrong. Any thoughts?