Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Tournament Thread - 2012 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 15, 2012, 09:21:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Buzzhog

Dang really was hoping UNCA could pull off the upset.

Danny J

What is vandy doing? Why are they messing around with harvard? If stallings can't figure out how to beat 12 seed harvard then he needs to go.

Kenny Buzzhog

Lane violation on UNCA. What a crap call!!

ttrk05

Quote from: Kenny Buzzhog on March 15, 2012, 04:34:13 pm
Lane violation on UNCA. What a crap call!!

Agree.  I do not think the Orange will go far though.

Kenny Buzzhog

Tim Harris

Refs are protecting the one seed big time.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Kenny Buzzhog on March 15, 2012, 04:36:56 pm
What a screwjob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

2cd screw job by the refs... wow.  Kind of feel bad for UNC Ash
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Danny J

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 15, 2012, 04:37:41 pm
Yep.....even the NBA announcing crew can't believe it. LOL...maybe they should watch more college games and watch the conferences protect their best teams.

BigSexyHog

Oh well.  That was a pretty good game to watch.  Good to have the refs on your side makes things a lot easier.

songofthesword

this game is why i can't get into college sports or really sports in general outside of Arkansas. the refs/money/business side has taken the magic out the sport. i am not going to waste my day when i KNOW what is going to happen. this was pitiful. i'm so pissed off after watching that game i'm going back to work you can have this ** tourney.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: songofthesword on March 15, 2012, 04:43:50 pm
this game is why i can't get into college sports or really sports in general outside of Arkansas. the refs/money/business side has taken the magic out the sport. i am not going to waste my day when i KNOW what is going to happen. this was pitiful. i'm so pissed off after watching that game i'm going back to work you can have this ** tourney.

LOL.  I kind of feel ya.  I stopped filling out a bracket about 5 years ago.  Just not into it as much as I once was.  My emotional interest is gone but I still watch it, but your right games like Cuse/UNC Ashville makes you wonder at times.

Kenny Buzzhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 15, 2012, 04:37:41 pm
I feel really bad for them because we have had it done to us so many times!! We all know how it feels.  >:(

Billy Bayou

Probably doesn't mean anything but Bilas is calling for suspensions for the refs.  He says they need to be removed from the Tourney.

Smithian

People got angry a few weeks ago when I said college basketball was a lesser quality product to the NBA in part due to the officiating.

Yup, that game supports my case.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Smithian on March 15, 2012, 04:51:39 pm
People got angry a few weeks ago when I said college basketball was a lesser quality product to the NBA in part due to the officiating.

Yup, that game supports my case.

Uh, are you serious?

You do know that an NBA official went to prison, right? NBA officiating is more rigged that college officiating. Always has been.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Kenny Buzzhog

Lane violation actually ended up being the correct call. I thought he could have went for the rebound after the ball left the shooters hands. But the other one was definitely a screwjob!

songofthesword

Quote from: Kenny Buzzhog on March 15, 2012, 05:04:04 pm
Lane violation actually ended up being the correct call. I thought he could have went for the rebound after the ball left the shooters hands. But the other one was definitely a screwjob!
okay you excused 1 of like 6 crappy blatent calls. the over the back, the player getting slapped in the face at the rim and no cdall, the fake out of bounds call, the non goal tending.

seriously i can and will find something better to do with my time than to watch this crap. i don't need march madness this bad.

jbcarol

Harvard 35  Vandy 49  under 16:00 timeout
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

TRUHOG718

UNC ashville got hosed. I feel for those dudes. And these are supposed to be the good refs.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 15, 2012, 05:13:10 pm
UNC ashville got hosed. I feel for those dudes. And these are supposed to be the good refs.

Let's be honest here.....they couldn't hit a shot to save their lives down the stretch. Syracuse was going to hang on anyway.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Billy Bayou on March 15, 2012, 04:49:57 pm
Probably doesn't mean anything but Bilas is calling for suspensions for the refs.  He says they need to be removed from the Tourney.

Everyone makes mistakes and being a ref in any sport on any level is very difficult but at least make an attempt to get it right.  I am in favor of suspending the crew that called that game.  To much on the line to foul up like that.

TRUHOG718

I wanted to put new mexico state over indiana bad. I flip flopped on that for 2 days.  Everyone thought I was crazy. I guess well see.

FYI i picked Indiana

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on March 15, 2012, 05:15:33 pm
Let's be honest here.....they couldn't hit a shot to save their lives down the stretch. Syracuse was going to hang on anyway.

maybe. they faded down the stretch. that lane violation call Ive never seen before was huge. There was another really bad call right before that too. a goaltending i  think. 

Danny J

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on March 15, 2012, 05:15:33 pm
The gave up too many offensive rebounds....amazing they were even in it at the end. Syrcause won simply because they have taller players.

Kenny Buzzhog

Quote from: songofthesword on March 15, 2012, 05:07:03 pm
  okay you excused 1 of like 6 crappy blatent calls. the over the back, the player getting slapped in the face at the rim and no cdall, the fake out of bounds call, the non goal tending.

seriously i can and will find something better to do with my time than to watch this crap. i don't need march madness this bad.
I wasnt trying to excuse any of the other crappy calls. I just didnt know the rule on the lane violation. The others still piss me off!

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: headhawg7 on March 15, 2012, 05:31:36 pm
The gave up too many offensive rebounds....amazing they were even in it at the end. Syrcause won simply because they have taller players.

Yeah, I can't believe I was going to go with Syracuse for the most of the season. They lost me sometime last month.

songofthesword

also ever crappy call in the game, every last one was in the 2nd half. first half was very cleanly officiated. coincidence, i think not.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

The Harvard of the South has beat the Harvard of the North....good job Vandy!
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

BigSexyHog

Guess it goes without saying that I am the biggest Western Kentucky fan right now.

Danny J

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 15, 2012, 06:15:17 pm
Guess it goes without saying that I am the biggest Western Kentucky fan right now.
Well...I am afraid you are going to be disappointed. I think the VCU/WSU game is going to be a good one and at a fast pace. That is the one I am watching.

The Boar War

Quote from: headhawg7 on March 15, 2012, 06:33:18 pm
Well...I am afraid you are going to be disappointed. I think the VCU/WSU game is going to be a good one and at a fast pace. That is the one I am watching.

It's been a good game so far.  I have VCU winning.  There was a 10 second span where we almost had back to back to back steals.

BigSexyHog

Yep.  I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping they could pull it off.  Doesn't look good.

TRUHOG718

TRUHOG718

check the Baylor game  down 8-0 baylor timeout

TRUHOG718

Baylor looks like oversized yellow Highlighter markers

BigSexyHog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 15, 2012, 06:59:16 pm

They need to stop trying to be Oregon of College Basketball.  Those uniforms straight up suck

Feralhog

Shock And Awe Baby!

GO VCU.

That is all
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

The Boar War

Quote from: Feralhog on March 15, 2012, 07:25:08 pm
Shock And Awe Baby!

GO VCU.

That is all

Defensive intensity is a wonderful thing to watch.

Feralhog

Quote from: The Boar War on March 15, 2012, 07:32:20 pm
Defensive intensity is a wonderful thing to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we hired Mike, but Shaka was on my wish list last year.  They lose four starters off last years team, their half court offense doesn't rely nearly as much on the 3, like last year.  He's the real deal
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Albert Swinestein

March 15, 2012, 07:53:30 pm #141 Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:55:27 pm by Albert Swinestein
Quote from: Feralhog on March 15, 2012, 07:38:19 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we hired Mike, but Shaka was on my wish list last year.  They lose four starters off last years team, their half court offense doesn't rely nearly as much on the 3, like last year.  He's the real deal

I am surprised by this game.  I think Marshall is one of the best coaches out there, and whichever major conference school wises up and hires Marshall is going to end up with a guy that I believe will become one of elite coaches in the country over the next 15 or so years.  What VCU is doing to them is surprising to me as they seem to have WSU out of synch and Marshall has not pulled them back together yet.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 15, 2012, 06:59:16 pm
meh, they are so overrated

Cresthog

Cmon shockers, I'm perfection at this point.

Don't screw me.

HF#1

I got faith in the shock.  They will get it done.  57-56.  Helluva ballgame.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

I wanted Marshall to be our coach.  He's a great coach.

Cresthog

Best game of the day easily.

Come on shockas.

HF#1

VCU leads by 1 with the b all.  17 second difference in shot and game clocks.

Danny J

Hope you listened to this guy^^^^

What a game in the last 10 minutes or so!!!