Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

East-West Shrine game thread

Started by RazorWire, January 21, 2006, 03:07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

Man, I have liked Howard since he became a Razorback... I wish people would leave him alone some and wouldn't trash him when he tries harder than everyone and never really got a big chance.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pioneerhog on January 21, 2006, 05:49:06 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 21, 2006, 05:47:56 pm
Quote from: berryhog on January 21, 2006, 05:45:26 pm
Quote from: bulldog04 on January 21, 2006, 05:39:16 pm
Yeah everbody except Malzahn.

Wonder why we didn't schedule our huge visit list so we could have had all the coaches on campus ? Does the lack of coaches on campus have a negative effect on the recruits ?

How do you know the recruits aren't watching the game? Besides, HDN and the other coaches will be back tonight.
Tulsa we agree on something, that my friend is scary.

Pioneer, we may very well agree on a lot of things. ;D

We need to get together for a beer sometime.

ban0099

TheUrge68

D Howard:

14 rushes

64 yards

4.6 ave yrds

3 TDs
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

Hawgvillain

Quote from: corndo on January 21, 2006, 05:50:04 pm
Does anybody know the stats on Howard?

As of now it's about 65 yds rushing and 3 TD's and in all likelihood the Game MVP Honors.

corndo

Ok, they just told us. - 64 yards and 3 td's

ban0099

could DH be like willie parker, not much playing time in college but be good in the NFL

Cure

I believe he can do some things in the league...even though Arkansas' offense wasn't quite where he fit in...He sure did prove himself to some scouts today... ;D
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

corndo

Quote from: ban0099 on January 21, 2006, 05:53:04 pm
could DH be like willie parker, not much playing time in college but be good in the NFL

Let's hope so.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: ban0099 on January 21, 2006, 05:51:50 pm
soak up the love DH

We met his mom and grandmother in Starkville season before last.  They are very nice folks.

I'm very happy for DH.

corndo

The East is burned deep. I beleive that we have seen that before.

pioneerhog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 21, 2006, 05:51:48 pm
Quote from: pioneerhog on January 21, 2006, 05:49:06 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 21, 2006, 05:47:56 pm
Quote from: berryhog on January 21, 2006, 05:45:26 pm
Quote from: bulldog04 on January 21, 2006, 05:39:16 pm
Yeah everbody except Malzahn.

Wonder why we didn't schedule our huge visit list so we could have had all the coaches on campus ? Does the lack of coaches on campus have a negative effect on the recruits ?

How do you know the recruits aren't watching the game? Besides, HDN and the other coaches will be back tonight.
Tulsa we agree on something, that my friend is scary.

Pioneer, we may very well agree on a lot of things. ;D

We need to get together for a beer sometime.
Now your talking, I could agree on haveing a beer, actually I think I am fixing to crack one open.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Smithian on January 21, 2006, 05:51:33 pm
Man, I have liked Howard since he became a Razorback... I wish people would leave him alone some and wouldn't trash him when he tries harder than everyone and never really got a big chance.

I've always liked Howard.  He has excellent work ethic and is a true team player.  He just got overshadowed by the more talented DMac this past season.  It's hard to stand out as a RB at a school that is stocked with good backs.  I'm glad to see that he's having a good game today.  He deserves it.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ban0099

Quote from: gmb_79 on January 21, 2006, 05:57:13 pm
Quote from: Smithian on January 21, 2006, 05:51:33 pm

I've always liked Howard. He has excellent work ethic and is a true team player. He just got overshadowed by the more talented DMac this past season. It's hard to stand out as a RB at a school that is stocked with good backs. I'm glad to see that he's having a good game today. He deserves it.

i couldnt have said it better

TulsaHawg

Quote from: corndo on January 21, 2006, 05:55:39 pm
The East is burned deep. I beleive that we have seen that before.

Speaking of that, I was at Best But today.  They were showing various highlights of different college football teams.  Lo and behold, there was USC running through the Razorbacks like a hot knife through butter!  On all one hundred and fifty thousand tv's!!!!!!!!!  ;D

TulsaHawg

Reggie McNeal looks good doesn't he?

hawgfan_18

is it dennis fran-chee-own, or dennis fran-cho-nee

pioneerhog

Do they have Herring miced up like Nutt. If they do they might want to have a finger on the bleep button when he's talking.

Feralhog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 21, 2006, 05:46:11 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on January 21, 2006, 05:43:43 pm
Watching TJack, it's hard not to come away thinking the best thing for TJack and his career was leaving Nutt? Friker looks good!

Yes, because he wasn't going to beat out Matt. Were you paying attention?

yeah, I pay attention.  name one QB who's developed worth a darn under Nutt!!!!!!!! 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

DanTheHogFan

Cure

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on January 21, 2006, 06:02:53 pm
Stoerner
Stoerner's in the AFL now right?...TJack is going to be playin on Sundays in the NFL..Better luck next time on finding a good QB that HDN developed.
Team Economics

pioneerhog

Oh no West scores again now the East team is trailing with 2 minutes to go.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: pioneerhog on January 21, 2006, 06:02:09 pm
Do they have Herring miced up like Nutt. If they do they might want to have a finger on the bleep button when he's talking.

LOL.  Too true.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

pioneerhog

4th and 10 with 23 seconds left and the east losing by 4. Looks like Nutt is going to choke another win away.

TheUrge68

is it just me or has the clock been way off in this last 2 minutes?
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

pioneerhog

1st down east, 15 seconds to go.

corndo

How funny. I just saw Nutt asking if it was 3rd down or 4th.

RazorNick

Whats up with the clock man, keeps ticking well after play is over, even when player goes out of bounds.

pioneerhog

1 second to go, east on the 1 yard line.

RazorNick

pioneerhog

Howard couldn't get #4 and the east loses. That was a good football game!

Smithian

What thje hell was that run? He tried to bounce his power back outside!?

GREAT JOB NUTT! MAKE HOWARD LOOK TERRIBLE ON HIS LAST PLAY AS A COLLEGE PLAYER!

Hawgin84

That last played looked too familiar. :razorback:

Tomhog™

Clock start/stop was AWFUL!  They didn't stop the clock on a 1st down to set the chains.  But the announcers sure gave Nutt his props saying that he was a genius swapping QB's like he did...

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hawgin84 on January 21, 2006, 06:14:16 pm
That last played looked too familiar. :razorback:
Yeah but it was Hillis that was running the ball.

Cure

Team Economics

Hawgin84

Great all-star game though. Wish DH could've had a chance on that last play. :razorback:

corndo

The clock ran continuously for both teams.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

too bad everybody knew what was coming

corndo

WilsonHog

Good publicity for Nutt and our program this afternoon.

Not too much to complain about regarding Hog football in the last six weeks or so.

That is, unless someone is just inclined to complain.

SavageHog

First and ten at the 1yd.  Run off the right end.  Lose 3 yards (ends game).  For some reason that play and the outcome seem familiar.

Zen_Hog

corndo

I guess it's important to keep in mind that this game means nothing and the whole purpose is to show off individual playing talent.

South_Ark_Pig

Nice game, DH would have gotten the MVP if it wasnt for sorry safety covearge, Mcneal isnt that good!! Nutt called a good game too i thought except that last play. Maybe he knew DH had to score to take the MVP back, if so thats a nice call for Nutt, but a play action would have been better. Why did the clock run when the QB scrambled out of bounds for a 1st down? ran 6 seconds and if they were playing NFL rules, i have never seen the clock run in that league

pioneerhog

Quote from: South_Ark_Pig on January 21, 2006, 06:27:56 pm
Nice game, DH would have gotten the MVP if it wasnt for sorry safety covearge, Mcneal isnt that good!! Nutt called a good game too i thought except that last play. Maybe he knew DH had to score to take the MVP back, if so thats a nice call for Nutt, but a play action would have been better. Why did the clock run when the QB scrambled out of bounds for a 1st down? ran 6 seconds and if they were playing NFL rules, i have never seen the clock run in that league
I seen it several time where the clock should have stopped but continued for 5 or 6 seconds, I don't understand that. If they would have stopped the clock like they should have then we might be haveing a different discussion right now.

OkieHog

Vaughn never got burned or looked bad did he?
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

hogfancb

What was up with the clock operator?   After a kick off he kept the clock running.

DanTheHogFan

Quote from: Tomcat on January 21, 2006, 06:14:54 pm
Clock start/stop was AWFUL! They didn't stop the clock on a 1st down to set the chains. But the announcers sure gave Nutt his props saying that he was a genius swapping QB's like he did...

Just another situation of where people on this forum are uninformed.  Here is the reason the clock was running.

They were playing with NFL rules.  NOT college.  Thus..no stopping the clock to set chains.

Good Game...Kudos to DH!