Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stan saying that the refs screwed us.

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, January 18, 2006, 09:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think there is any "fishiness" behind SEC officiating?

Yes
93 (71%)
No
38 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 0

ThisTeetsTaken

said the team will play 8 on 5 if they have to from now on.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

weevilhogg

I agree.

The refs missed a bunch of free throws and couldnt  block out to save their butts.

Way to go, refs.
Oh my!

Lanny

The Refs started Dontell Jefferson in Overtime.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Fletch

They also can't work the clock or keep from fouling behind the arc.
I feel like $100

hog caller

we are off and running as usual . no dance this year guranteed.  geeeeeeeeeez goooooooooosh
fooooooooooooooooooooooie,shite.

Father Swine

The officiating was suspect, at best.  This isn't something that I want the coach whining about.

A good team will overcome the odds and win those games.

ThisTeetsTaken

can't miss free throws if you don't get to shoot them

HawgWyld

Quote from: weevilhogg on January 18, 2006, 09:26:51 pm
I agree.

The refs missed a bunch of free throws and couldnt block out to save their butts.

Way to go, refs.

Yes! It was the refs that pissed away a 13-point lead. The refs! The refs, man!

Nutt_Hate_Me

The Refs do a great job prepping these guys in practice.  The Refs draw up great plays during TO's.
It's great to be home.

italianhog

Quote from: hSv on January 18, 2006, 09:27:20 pm
The Refs started Dontell Jefferson in Overtime.

thats the best post...that pretty much says it all....lol

AlmightyHog

The refs did screw us but a good team and a good coach will play past bad officiating we apparently have neither

Teddyhawgeddy

The refs watched a kid make 3 straight free throws and then call time out just as Ronnie is fixing to take his man to the hole and win the game.

Hollywood_HOGan

we had that game anyway.

How the crap do you give up a 13 pt lead and have control of the game towards the end??

DJ totally choked at the line but his foul at the end of regulation was bull freaking crap!!!
33 free shots to 9. I dont care what the story is but that right there tells you all you need to know.

We were getting called for crap that they were getting away with the entire game.

Screw off SEC!!

tuskavarnna

what cannot be remedied must be endured

nobballconcept

another heath moment...yeah blame the refs for piss poor coaching.   

RzrbckMAJ

only an imcompetent coach blames the refs.  I say send him packing.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."<br />-- General George S. Patton, Jr

ThisTeetsTaken

I'm not a fan of Heath's but I believe it was 30 free throws to 9 by Arkansas and that is a hose job by the SEC refs.

oldbooniehog

The refs also told Dontell to foul a three-point shooter with only seconds left...

HawgWyld

Quote from: RzrbckLT on January 18, 2006, 09:32:50 pm
only an imcompetent coach blames the refs. I say send him packing.

Heath isn't going anywhere. Sad, but true.

For one thing, they're not about to fire him after letting Nutt suck it up for all these years (unless they want to prove Richardson right, that is). Second, I doubt anyone in the Athletic Department is thrilled over the idea of another ex-coach on the payroll.

The only hope at all is that Heath will step down voluntarily. Outside of that, we're stuck with him.

HawgWyld

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 18, 2006, 09:34:37 pm
The refs also told Dontell to foul a three-point shooter with only seconds left...

That was the point where I said, "Oh, so *that's* how they're going to screw this one up. Way to go!"

Thrilbilly

A good coach will raise the roof off the place when he thinks calls are that bad

NuttsSacked

mr4pt

Quotestan saying that the refs screwed us.

Yeah, that's what I would say to if I were a suck-ass second-rate coach that just lost a 13 pt lead because of poor time mgmt and personell decisions.

Damn those refs

HawgWild

I would tend to agree that the ref's did stink it up tonight, although they're not the real reason that we lost (did we loose...I turned the game off). We just have no team chemistry and no heart.

O_Coordinator4Hire

The refs shouldnt even have been in the game......  We had a 13 pt lead for God's Sake!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Specifically- do you think some [any] SEC refs put money on the games that they officiate?  I say yes, and I wonder if that is why three officials were fired just before the season started.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

I officially nominate myself as the new head coach for the University of Arkansas!  I promise to coach as crappy as Heath does and I'll even do it for $900,000 a year!  That is as long as the state is stupid enough to give me FOUR years to prove I'm an idiot and can't coach!

murray-vegas

If only the refs controlled the inability to rebound or shoot a FT... This team doesn't have basic skills.

Hums

and maybe the team will feed off of it.  Officiating is often times dictated by the Coach on the sideline.  We used to absolutely mug people and get away with it.

italianhog

stans not getting hosed by the refs....we'er getting hosed by the basketball team..

Foshodo

Did Dj Screw us royally multiple times? Yes

Did Stan Make Mistakes? Yes

Did the Refs one of the most uneven jobs of calling fouls I've ever seen?  Yes

I dont understand why DJ was in the game after several mistakes,
i dont understand why Hill wasn't saved for the last half of Overtime since he doesnt bring any offense.
I dont understand why that TO was called when Brewer looked to be ahead of his man.
I dont understand why It's so friggin hard to get the ball inside for minutes at a time.
I dont understand how finally a game where I'm not dissapointed by Ferg was a game we lose...

So many things I dont understand... :(

Smithers™

oh god if hes going to start avoiding responsibility like Phil Jackson he has to at least start winning like him first...

HawgWyld

Quote from: Ridgerunnerpiggie on January 18, 2006, 09:42:33 pm
I officially nominate myself as the new head coach for the University of Arkansas! I promise to coach as crappy as Heath does and I'll even do it for $900,000 a year! That is as long as the state is stupid enough to give me FOUR years to prove I'm an idiot and can't coach!

You might have arrived at just the right time! The way things are going on the hill, you might get $1.4 million and an iron-clad, five-year contract if you talk to the right people. Just imagine!

creecy

Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

CiriusPorker

Even Nutt doesn't blame the officiating that much!  He'll say that there is "questionable" calls..but then he accepts it.  and says they gotta get betta!

HawgnDos

Quote from: HawgWyld on January 18, 2006, 09:35:12 pm
Quote from: RzrbckLT on January 18, 2006, 09:32:50 pm
only an imcompetent coach blames the refs. I say send him packing.

Heath isn't going anywhere. Sad, but true.

For one thing, they're not about to fire him after letting Nutt suck it up for all these years (unless they want to prove Richardson right, that is). Second, I doubt anyone in the Athletic Department is thrilled over the idea of another ex-coach on the payroll.

The only hope at all is that Heath will step down voluntarily. Outside of that, we're stuck with him.
That argument doesn't hold any water.  Nuttsack HAS been to post season play and has won some of them.  Heath hasn't even been to any.

CiriusPorker

I can't believe i'm saying this,but Heath makes Nutt look like a damn good coach right now!

clemensrules01

30 free throws to 9 free throws. a bogus blocking call on thomas...and the three point foul was questionable. still, we should have won the game with good coaching.

pook

we will continue to get screwed by the refs if Heath doesn't learn to rant and rave like the other winning coaches. the refs do not fear or respect him. we get walked over all the time. he should go over to nolan's ranch and learn the scowl nolan used. a few technical fouls and ejection may be the best thing that could happen. i know and respect that he is a nice guy but he will have to learn to take up for his team. they are playing hard and giving great effort but need some help. this is getting hard to watch.

ki285

the refs didnt get us beat.  any team should be able to hold a 13 point late second half lead.  bama isnt even a good team

resqnu911

i can honestly say that i have never seen a situation in the end of a close game like that where there are only 24 seconds left and the trailing team has to foul 3 consecutive times....just to get into a one and one situation at the line....

and did the thought never occur to the players to try and dribble or pass away from the foul to run some time off the clock???

HawgWyld

Quote from: ki285 on January 18, 2006, 09:54:36 pm
the refs didnt get us beat. any team should be able to hold a 13 point late second half lead. bama isnt even a good team

Sadly, neither is Arkansas. Good Lord that was some terrible basketball. Was it even basketball?

ki285

no doubt about arkansas isnt even close to being a decent team

hogattack21

Did Heath really say something about the officiating, because if he did he will be reprimanded by the SEC for it. I believe this is the second time as well, he did the same after the LSU game last year.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

pook

Quote from: ki285 on January 18, 2006, 09:54:36 pm
the refs didnt get us beat. any team should be able to hold a 13 point late second half lead. bama isnt even a good team
im not blaming the refs for losing the game. your right we should have closed the game out better, but overall the refs need to be aware of the coach's presence and have that fear of facing the coach when a bad call is made. the refs hated to face nolan when they screwed up.

ballhog™

If we don't get hosed by the refs we win.

If the players had some basketball IQ we win.

If Heath does a better job coaching down the stretch we win.

We control 2 of the 3, can anything be done about those.  It doesn't look like it this year.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

pook

and the team needs to learn that you have to be mean and fight and not stand for losing. that's the killer instinct that nolan's teams had. it's a state of mind that we are missing and it comes from the top down.  ps .. im not saying i want nolan back. just a comparison of attitudes.

HogInaStrangeLand

TMc

If the refs were that bad, why was he not in their face.. Yeah I think they missed some calls.. but hey Alabama was just easily getting the ball into the post.. my mother could have passed in there all night.. And another thing.. the zone looked effective to me.. Bama missed shots, we rebounded better.. and we could have kept our bigs in the game.  To get back to the free throw difference, they pounded the ball inside all night.. and we fouled them alot.  WE should have never lost that game. period.

ballhog™

33 fts to 9.

3 team fouls for bama the 2nd half.  That's not calling it both ways.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.