Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas - LSU Game Thread......Final LSU 56 Ar 53

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 12, 2011, 06:28:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomahawkhog

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 12, 2011, 09:14:42 pm
BS. When your best shooter goes 1-7 from 3 point range you're not going to win very many games. It wasn't all his fault but he is partly responsible. Powell being sick didn't help any either.

And so it begins...the excuses that is.
Go Hogs!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 12, 2011, 09:14:27 pm
Overtime would have been ugly anyway!

I must have offended a couple Pel supporters too, smites went up by 2 tonight.  Whoop Tee Doo!
dude, when you start worrying about the smites to applaud ratio, you are worrying about totally meaningless crap
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Smokehouse

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 12, 2011, 09:14:42 pm
BS. When your best shooter goes 1-7 from 3 point range you're not going to win very many games. It wasn't all his fault but he is partly responsible. Powell being sick didn't help any either.

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

GuvHog

Quote from: alaback on January 12, 2011, 09:17:08 pm
Pel being the coach defintely doesn't help.  How are you going to defend this Guv?

The whole team gets the blame both players and coaches. Pel can't make the 3 pointers for Rotnei.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jbcarol on January 12, 2011, 09:14:55 pm
Nobles was 1-10 from the field (0-6 from 3) for 4 points and an assist

I know I'm asking a lot, but how about 2 FOR 10! That would have been nice.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Smokehouse

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 12, 2011, 09:14:27 pm
Overtime would have been ugly anyway!

I must have offended a couple Pel supporters too, smites went up by 2 tonight.  Whoop Tee Doo!

I've noticed there are more smites than people posting in favor of Pel going around. The lurking pro-pellers must not having anything to post that can justify this garbage...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

GuvHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 12, 2011, 09:19:01 pm

I can't help it if you can't accept the truth. As I stated, everyone is to blame both players and coaches.

Smokehouse

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 12, 2011, 09:19:25 pm
The whole team gets the blame both players and coaches. Pel can't make the 3 pointers for Rotnei.

Pel can run an offense that gets Rot open shots.

jbcarol

Hogs managed 4 offensive rebounds.  May need to check the record books on this one.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GuvHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 12, 2011, 09:21:23 pm
I've noticed there are more smites than people posting in favor of Pel going around. The lurking pro-pellers must not having anything to post that can justify this garbage...

The 2 words in bold are a good description of that game.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jbcarol on January 12, 2011, 09:21:58 pm
Hogs managed 4 offensive rebounds.  May need to check the record books on this one.

HUH?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GuvHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 12, 2011, 09:21:58 pm
Pel can run an offense that gets Rot open shots.

Rotnei had his shots and missed 6 of them. That last one wasn't even remotely close, quit making excuses for him.

Red Tusk

Quote from: Ar_Hog on January 12, 2011, 09:19:01 pm
Can't wait to listen to Wally tomorrow after he predicted 3-0 after we beat Bama on Saturday....

This coach is a frickin joke...
He has lost these players....

Really no timeouts with 3:16 left in the game...WTH?

Longs one requirement of Pel on this trip was that he used ALL of his timeouts..remember he left 3 on the table last trip to BR.
Pel obliged..with 3 friggin minutes to go
wth?
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

chiefhawg

LSU is awful.  They had only one skilled player, the Stringer kid.

Smokehouse

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 12, 2011, 09:24:52 pm
Rotnei had his shots and missed 6 of them. That last one wasn't even remotely close, quit making excuses for him.

Rot was either shooting from very deep, or shooting while on the move. The majority of the time he got into a good shooting position he had a man in his face immediately.

The buck stops at the head coach. If Rot couldn't hit anything we should have a secondary perimeter shooter, but we don't. We should be able to sit Rot but we can't because our entire "offense" is built around him. We should be able to set screens and move off the ball in order to get Rot better shots, but we don't.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 12, 2011, 09:26:49 pm
LSU is awful.  They had only one skilled player, the Stringer kid.
Um, we had one skilled offensive player tonight too.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GuvHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 12, 2011, 09:31:37 pm
Rot was either shooting from very deep, or shooting while on the move. The majority of the time he got into a good shooting position he had a man in his face immediately.

The buck stops at the head coach. If Rot couldn't hit anything we should have a secondary perimeter shooter, but we don't. We should be able to sit Rot but we can't because our entire "offense" is built around him. We should be able to set screens and move off the ball in order to get Rot better shots, but we don't.

There's no excuse for Rotnei going 1-7 from 3 point range. Make all of the excuses you want but he is partly responsible for this loss as are all of the other players and coaches.

Smokehouse

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 12, 2011, 09:41:14 pm
There's no excuse for Rotnei going 1-7 from 3 point range. Make all of the excuses you want but he is partly responsible for this loss as are all of the other players and coaches.

If Peterson and Nobles don't combine to go 2-18, we win. If Britt makes two more of his missed shots, we win. If Powell makes two more shots, we win.

The coach should be able to account for a player being cold. Because of recruiting and game management failures, Pel can't. Rot is only "responsible" in a very technical sense.

GuvHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 12, 2011, 09:58:42 pm
If Peterson and Nobles don't combine to go 2-18, we win. If Britt makes two more of his missed shots, we win. If Powell makes two more shots, we win.

The coach should be able to account for a player being cold. Because of recruiting and game management failures, Pel can't. Rot is only "responsible" in a very technical sense.

IF ANY player makes 2 more shots, the Hogs win. That's why I stated that all of the players and coaches are to blame for this loss.

kaptainkory

January 12, 2011, 10:45:01 pm #971 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:49:52 pm by kaptainkory
Rot could have run the baseline and had all the 2 point shots he wanted all night long, so long as LSU played zone.  Why does he just stand around on the 3 point line...I mean, literally just STAND around on the 3 point line?  Is the defense supposed to just give up defending him so he can get his long-range shot off?

Of course, this is not entirely Rot's fault.  It's the COACH'S responsibility to put his players in the best positions for their given talents, and an opportunity to succeed.  I'v seen junior high teams do a better job of picking apart a zone.  Did Pel even know LSU was going to run a zone?  If he didn't know beforehand, did he even notice while the game was going on that LSU was running a zone?  If he did, where was the plan against it?  Where was the strategy?

Absolute pathetic effort on all fronts tonight.

MountieDawg

We are too selfish... When we get around the basket and get double and triple teamed...we force up a shot when someone is wide open!
SEC!