Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame QB commitment dropped possibly for MM

Started by mikeirwin, December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 07, 2005, 10:18:05 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:14:57 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 07, 2005, 10:12:07 pm
I know about Integrity, and Mitch doesn't have it! If he changed his mind, he should be a man about it and hold a press confrence like he did when he said to the state "I am going to the University of Arkansass!" Don't doubt my intergity bud!

You ever change your mind? Get a divorce? Return a large purchase?

Dear god man, if you saw this season would you want to rest your future on this coaching staff? Hell they haven't even made a single change except fire Whittke, one of the best coaches on staff since the season ended. Get off Mitch's back. He has not signed yet with anyone.
why didnt he hold a press conference to announce his de-commitment? why only wait 2 days? what happened to "i want to win a championship where it means something"?

Who knows.  Did the guy sign a contract in blood?  Come on?  If i was promised several things and they did not happen, i would re-evaluate my committment as well.  You act like the guy agreed to give his second kidney or something and then backed out cause he felt like it. 

This is a non-binding, verbal commit, if Nutt did HIS job, we would not be having this discussion.

clemensrules01

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:20:58 pm
I know about Integrity, and Mitch doesn't have it! If he changed his mind, he should be a man about it and hold a press confrence like he did when he said to the state "I am going to the University of Arkansass!" Don't doubt my intergity bud!

Dear god man, if you saw this season would you want to rest your future on this coaching staff? Hell they haven't even made a single change except fire Whittke, one of the best coaches on staff since the season ended. Get off Mitch's back. He has not signed yet with anyone.
why didnt he hold a press conference to announce his de-commitment? why only wait 2 days? what happened to "i want to win a championship where it means something"?

Who knows. Did the guy sign a contract in blood? Come on? If i was promised several things and they did not happen, i would re-evaluate my committment as well. You act like the guy agreed to give his second kidney or something and then backed out cause he felt like it.

This is a non-binding, verbal commit, if Nutt did HIS job, we would not be having this discussion.
we really dont know if he was promised anything in particular. maybe he just figured the hogs wouldnt be as bad as they are. we do know, however, that he indeed went back on his word.

hulk hog

Quote from: tbhogfan on December 07, 2005, 10:11:04 pm
This gets worse every day.

I am starting to get the strange feeling that the UA was "played" by MM (or his representatives) to get the media off his back during the football season.

The timing of this is simply far too convenient.

Cut him some slack ...when he committed other teams would have moved on in recruiting like Notre Dame did and that's a big risk if you never wanted to be here in the first place.

He had his pick of places and no one could blame him for committing somewhere else early.  Houston would have taken all the heat for that.   Look at this program from when he committed to now. All this speculation and smoke and mirrors...no one talking or taking action.   Honestly where would you go?  Houston doesn't win 8 next year and he's gone...Davis proabaly won't be available.  So he is wondering what is going to happen.  Notre Dame and Tennessee have a direction.  We are searching for ours.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

PiggyBack

Now, guys, according to Rick Schaeffer, this isn't the end of the world.  Quit being so negative, you never know who is reading!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

PulledPork

Tulsa,
you might have forgotten that clemens has a stiffy for all central players and so he feels it necessary to dog (no pun intended) the springdale players.  It has been an issue of his ever since him and DOGALUM started their "who's better" chats.  You can't reason with him, and I am sure that anyone with a brain can see right through his disgust with MM.  Mitch is doing what's best for him whether that be ND or UA.  And that is what matters!

Squealers

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:06:22 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on December 07, 2005, 10:02:58 pm
There were reports of some character issues with Frazer but that could be a smokescreen.

Only way we are going after him is if he is academically ineligible. If he is close on grades he will be our top rated recruit. That way we can re-sign him every year as a juco.

Thats classic Tulsa!!!!!!  Good 1 !!!!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

clemensrules01

Quote from: PulledPork on December 07, 2005, 10:26:37 pm

Tulsa,
you might have forgotten that clemens has a stiffy for all central players and so he feels it necessary to dog (no pun intended) the springdale players. It has been an issue of his ever since him and DOGALUM started their "who's better" chats. You can't reason with him, and I am sure that anyone with a brain can see right through his disgust with MM. Mitch is doing what's best for him whether that be ND or UA. And that is what matters!
your quote of tulsa wasnt directed at me. thank you, though. ive been nice to mitch. he's a great player.  if mcfadden would have done this or any CENTRAL player, i would dislike them as well. this has nothing to do with springdale/central. this is about arkansas football.

PulledPork

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 07, 2005, 10:29:31 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on December 07, 2005, 10:26:37 pm

Tulsa,
you might have forgotten that clemens has a stiffy for all central players and so he feels it necessary to dog (no pun intended) the springdale players. It has been an issue of his ever since him and DOGALUM started their "who's better" chats. You can't reason with him, and I am sure that anyone with a brain can see right through his disgust with MM. Mitch is doing what's best for him whether that be ND or UA. And that is what matters!
your quote of tulsa wasnt directed at me. thank you, though. ive been nice to mitch. he's a great player. if mcfadden would have done this or any CENTRAL player, i would dislike them as well. this has nothing to do with springdale/central. this is about arkansas football.
to take up another point you made, I am sure MM did not "call a press conference"......most likely, he said he was going to make a decision and the press came scrambling out of the woodwork like they should have.  Do you think maybe he wishes he wasn't in the spotlight so much?

hulk hog

Much as I hate 'em I don't know where it means more to win one than ND.  To bring that program back to that level....instant stardom...
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm
Sources tell me that Notre Dame has withdrawn an offer to it's top QB committment. Zach Frazer, a 6-4, 210 pound QB out of Mechanicsburg, Pa. is off the list clearing the way for Mitch to get an offer. Sources also tell me that it is unlikely that Weiss would have made such a move without stong indications from Mustain that he was coming on board.
Not written in stone  but it doesn't look good guys.
Thanks Mike, ...Will E. Sully be getting a job there too?

dirthog

weiss wont even be there when he graduates, Nutt will still be here though
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

clemensrules01

Quote from: dirthog on December 07, 2005, 10:35:03 pm
weiss wont even be there when he graduates, Nutt will still be here though
classic. post of the day.

SwineOnTheLine

Quote from: hSv on December 07, 2005, 10:02:32 pm
Nutt can't even recruit in his own backyard.
its hard to convince someone to come to your backyard,when every time you play there you get shiiitehammered.

katocat13

everytime a local talent signs, the press is there to cover it.  it usually only draws one or two local sports guys, but I always see the latest signees for Tech, UCA, UofA, or wherever.  MM didn't call anything.  He announced he was gonna commit and our local media turned it into a feeding frenzy.

This mess doesn't fall on MM's shoulders; it falls at the feet of the head coach of our football team.  Lucky us.

NDEE01

mikeirwin,

It is very irresponisible of you to mention Zack Frazer as getting dropped by ND. You have no evidence to back up your accusations, other then  a BS "sources tell me." Funny, how on now ND website or even news site, it has not been mentioned that ND dropped a QB. It hasn't even been speculated. Yet, somehow we are to believe that you know what ND is doing? How about some quotes from Frazer? or even Mustain?

ND doesn't drop people so they could make room for someone else.   

You are spinning crap stories for Nutt in order to make ND looks bad. And in some twisted roundabout way you hope he'll sour on ND and end up back at Arkansas.

Prince of Pork

that lead story on rivals college recruiting site is enough to make you sick.. It makes the hogs look terrible
*CUBS '05*   "THIS IS OUR YEAR"-make that 06-make that 07-make that 08-make that 09

Porky Pig

Quote from: hogbalz on December 07, 2005, 09:57:52 pm
One hell of a fence Nutt has built around the state. 5 Division 1A players 5 minutes from campus and Nutt gets one.

And yet no one ever blames a member of the Springdale Fighting Irish. Shouldn't a Northwest Arkansas kid want to become a Hog no matter what the freaking circumstances are on the hill? Yes he should. That is if he actually bleeds Razorback red. The kid played you boys for every nickel you had. He even played the reporters. Wake up.

kremlinhog

silvertip

Quote from: tbhogfan on December 07, 2005, 10:11:04 pm
This gets worse every day.

I am starting to get the strange feeling that the UA was "played" by MM (or his representatives) to get the media off his back during the football season.

The timing of this is simply far too convenient.

You are totally clueless. All 5 of the Springdale kids gave verbals before the HS season started & they all agreed recruiting was OFF LIMITS until their season was over. And then recruiting could open back up.

There is a reason that VERBALS are not binding & BINDING letters of intent are not signed until FEB. It is to allow the annual coaching turn-over to shake out so that kids don't get stuck with a bad situation that was not what they signed up for

ALL YOU MORONS THAT WANT TO BASH RECRUITS NEED TO CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCKS and stay there 'til you have the slightest clue what the real world is like..

Porky Pig

Quote from: hSv on December 07, 2005, 10:02:32 pm
Nutt can't even recruit in his own backyard.

There is ONE town in NWA that's in the backyard of Hog football that is worthless. Nothing to do with recruiting.  Nothing to do with Nutt. Nothing would have mattered. These kids aren't Hog fans and don't want to be here. You got played man.

kremlinhog

of course gus did what was best for his team by requesting his kids commit early as to avoid the distraction and i dont blame him.

but guys, alot can change from august to december, and mustain has every right to reconsider.

maybe he felt pressure and committed but really wasnt ready yet, trying to do what his coach wanter, who knows..

our problem is not mustain, the problem is our bus driver not only cant drive, he cant identify the bus. 

hawkeyefan17

Irwin went on air with the dropping of Frazer by Notre Dame. He would not have if he weren't confident in his sources. Looks like if Mustain goes to Notre Dame and Frazer gets dropped by Notre Dame it will have a further rippling effect on the recruitment of QB's by schools

I trust Mike Irwin as a reporter. He would not have gone to air with wrong information.

Coach V. Slocombe

Guys, MM is not stupid. He can see and he can hear. Anybody that seen Arkansas play this year knows that MM would not fit into HDN's system. It is not a good fit for Mitch. I have said all along that if he were smart that he should go to a program with a wide open offense. Nutt's offense is far from wide open. Nutt is also an avid liar. He said that he would keep the media and the fans aware of any changes as soon as they happen and that the rumors neede to stop because he would tell us as news broke. Have we heard anything from Nutt? NO! Has he informed us about Cole Barthel? NO! Cole had to inform the Fans. Nutt is useless and has been since the time he arrived. He was and is nothing more than a band aid for a broken arm.
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogapalooza on December 07, 2005, 10:57:11 pm
I think this can all be taken care of.

All we have to do is...

FIRE HDN!!!

What he said.......

Bacon out...

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NDEE01 on December 07, 2005, 10:46:42 pm
mikeirwin,

It is very irresponisible of you to mention Zack Frazer as getting dropped by ND. You have no evidence to back up your accusations, other then a BS "sources tell me." Funny, how on now ND website or even news site, it has not been mentioned that ND dropped a QB. It hasn't even been speculated. Yet, somehow we are to believe that you know what ND is doing? How about some quotes from Frazer? or even Mustain?

You are spinning crap stories for Nutt in order to make ND looks bad. And in some twisted roundabout way you hope he'll sour on ND and end up back at Arkansas.

Dude, you don't have a damn clue what is going on here.  You don't understand the situation and you sure as hell don't have an appreciation for how good of a QB you have getting ready to drop into your lap. 

NDEE01

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 07, 2005, 11:02:10 pm
mikeirwin,

It is very irresponisible of you to mention Zack Frazer as getting dropped by ND. You have no evidence to back up your accusations, other then a BS "sources tell me." Funny, how on now ND website or even news site, it has not been mentioned that ND dropped a QB. It hasn't even been speculated. Yet, somehow we are to believe that you know what ND is doing? How about some quotes from Frazer? or even Mustain?

Dude, you don't have a damn clue what is going on here. You don't understand the situation and you sure as hell don't have an appreciation for how good of a QB you have getting ready to drop into your lap.

I know exactly how good of a QB Mustain is, and would love to have him. But ND is not dropping Frazer for him. To make that accusation about ND and Frazer's character without evidence is wrong and irresponsible.  When this blows over and Mustain ends up either at UT, USC, or Ark. Irwin can just say my sources were wrong, or my sources said it didn't happen because of reason X.

Either Irwin is lying or his sources are lying to him. Either way its stupid to put this on a public forum with out any evidence.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: NDEE01 on December 07, 2005, 11:08:46 pm
mikeirwin,

Dude, you don't have a damn clue what is going on here. You don't understand the situation and you sure as hell don't have an appreciation for how good of a QB you have getting ready to drop into your lap.

I know exactly how good of a QB Mustain is, and would love to have him. But ND is not dropping Frazer for him. To make that accusation about ND and Frazer's character without evidence is wrong and irresponsible. When this blows over and Mustain ends up either at UT, USC, or Ark. Irwin can just say my sources were wrong, or my sources said it didn't happen because of reason X.

Either Irwin is lying or his sources are lying to him. Either way its stupid to put this on a public forum with out any evidence.

Yeah - like ND wouldn't drop a marginal recruit to pick up MM.  Lay off of the naivete flakes a bit.

Bacon out...

mchogfan

mikeirwin,

I know exactly how good of a QB Mustain is, and would love to have him. But ND is not dropping Frazer for him. To make that accusation about ND and Frazer's character without evidence is wrong and irresponsible. When this blows over and Mustain ends up either at UT, USC, or Ark. Irwin can just say my sources were wrong, or my sources said it didn't happen because of reason X.

There is nothing on any ND board or website about Frazer being dropped. Not even any RUMORS. You would think it would be a very HOT TOPIC in South Bend...
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 07, 2005, 11:16:30 pm
mikeirwin,

Yeah - like ND wouldn't drop a marginal recruit to pick up MM. Lay off of the naivete flakes a bit.

Bacon out...

Bacon...the recruit in question is hardly marginal man. He's the #6 rated pro-style QB...just in case ya didn't know...

mchogfan

mikeirwin,

Yeah - like ND wouldn't drop a marginal recruit to pick up MM. Lay off of the naivete flakes a bit.

Bacon out...

Frazer isn't marginal. He's more highly recruited than any QB ever at Arkansas...unless Mustain comes.

DukeOfPork

Don't be so naive.  If Weiss can get an assurance from Mustain, he'll make room for him, that's for damn sure.  Somebody is going to lose an offer from Notre Dame out of this and you can count on that.

SwineOnTheLine

Quote from: mchogfan on December 07, 2005, 11:20:30 pm
mikeirwin,

Bacon out...

Frazer isn't marginal. He's more highly recruited than any QB ever at Arkansas...unless Mustain comes.
WRONG..Joe Ferguson was very very highly recruited.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 07, 2005, 11:18:37 pm
Bacon...the recruit in question is hardly marginal man. He's the #6 rated pro-style QB...just in case ya didn't know...

By Arkansas standards, you are correct.  By Notre Dame's, with this QB class, this guy is marginal - it's all relative.

Bacon out...

mchogfan

Quote from: SwineOnTheLine on December 07, 2005, 11:24:41 pm
Quote from: mchogfan on December 07, 2005, 11:20:30 pm
mikeirwin,

Bacon out...

WRONG..Joe Ferguson was very very highly recruited.

I know (or I should say I assume) that Ferguson was widely recruited.  I wasn't even 10 years old back then.  But, what I'm getting at is in the day of speed figures, star ratings, and rankings, Frazer is just about as good as they come.  He's right there with Mustain and the others.

bigtimehog48

The message boards at ND have no talk of it and apparently they love this Frazer guy. I dont know if Weiss would pull a stunt like this. It will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of days. I hope like heck we come out alright on this. Somehow it looks pretty bad for us Razorbacks Fans!

craigr417

Mike....Sources.  Nothing has been said, why don't we post it, when it happens.   Why are we going crazy, Mitch hasn't pubicly said anything.  Why don't we cool our heels until something happens...

bigtimehog48

Quote from: craigr417 on December 07, 2005, 11:53:46 pm
Mike....Sources. Nothing has been said, why don't we post it, when it happens. Why are we going crazy, Mitch hasn't pubicly said anything. Why don't we cool our heels until something happens...

Agreed lets sit back and wait for this

mchogfan

Quote from: bigtimehog48 on December 07, 2005, 11:53:02 pm
The message boards at ND have no talk of it and apparently they love this Frazer guy. I dont know if Weiss would pull a stunt like this. It will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of days. I hope like heck we come out alright on this. Somehow it looks pretty bad for us Razorbacks Fans!

You're absolutely correct about this.  The Domers love this guy.  Plus, and this is arrogant on their part, but they think they're going to get Jimmy Clausen next year.  Not very many on the boards want Mustain. Not that he isn't worthy, they just feel that they are QB rich already.

mchogfan

Quote from: bigtimehog48 on December 07, 2005, 11:54:33 pm
Mike....Sources. Nothing has been said, why don't we post it, when it happens. Why are we going crazy, Mitch hasn't pubicly said anything. Why don't we cool our heels until something happens...

Agreed lets sit back and wait for this

I agree.  There is not one statement "on the record" from anybody from any side at any level about any of this.  The only quote from anyone regarding Nutt, Wittke, Mustain, Malzahn, Signetti, or even Frazer was the one from Mitch's mom.  And right after she said it, she knew it was a mistake. Those are the only statements that have been made using quotation marks. The rest of this is purely conjecture.

mikeirwin

December 08, 2005, 12:17:14 am #89 Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 12:18:56 am by mikeirwin
Right. I'm going to tell you the people who told me this ? So they will never tell me anything again ?
I'm not the only person who reported this. Rick Scheaffer revealed a part of it on Drive Time. He did not have the name of the QB.
How about this ? My sources do not read or post on Hogville.
They are close to Mitch and are fully aware of his situation with Notre Dame.
The only way they are wrong is if Mitch himself has been given bad information.

Boared

The guys on SR pretty much said that Notre Dame is the school to beat so this isn't rumor-mongering. It falls in line with what Mike has said here and what Bowl Cut said on DTS.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 08, 2005, 12:17:14 am
Right. I'm going to tell you the people who told me this ? So they will never tell me anything again ?
I'm not the only person who reported this. Rick Scheaffer revealed a part of it on Drive Time. He did not have the name of the QB.
How about this ? My sources do not read or post on Hogville.
They are close to Mitch and are fully aware of his situation with Notre Dame.
The only way they are wrong is if Mitch himself has been given bad information.

mike,

do you think coaching changes could sway MM back?  If so, how deep must they run.  If Gus is named OC would it possibly change things, what about a new head coach?

Bacon out...

mchogfan

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:19:54 am
The guys on SR pretty much said that Notre Dame is the school to beat so this isn't rumor-mongering. It falls in line with what Mike has said here and what Bowl Cut said on DTS.

I guess this is where I get confused on all of this...How does the Arkansas boards know so much about this but the ND boards and the South Bend local news not know anything about it?  I mean if someone's offer got pulled (Frazer) I think he would be talking A LOT.  And plenty of people would be taking notice.

craigr417

I don't live in Arkansas, I don't get drivetime.  I beleive Rivals is the most respected site,  they would have gotten wind of this before you.  If this is true, why hasn't Mitch said so pubicly.....

kratter

Why don't we just take Mike's information for what it is.  We should thank him for getting on here & telling us the info that he gets behind the scenes, but can't put on the air.  Why does everyone have to jump on everybody for a source.  If the poster has a reputation of being credible, don't ask them for a source.  If they wanted to tell you, they would.  If the poster has a reputation for not being credible, there is no reason to ask for a source.  It is similar to poker, read the other players & figure out the truth from that. 
And I hardly think that MM would call a press conference to say "Guys, Notre Dame withdrew an offer to another Quarterback, so I'm in."  Enjoy the information that is given.
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004

Boared

Quote from: mchogfan on December 08, 2005, 12:24:57 am
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:19:54 am

I guess this is where I get confused on all of this...How does the Arkansas boards know so much about this but the ND boards and the South Bend local news not know anything about it? I mean if someone's offer got pulled (Frazer) I think he would be talking A LOT. And plenty of people would be taking notice.

I don't know. Why don't you call both Sports Rap and Drive Time Sports tomorrow and ask them about it? I'm not being sarcastic, either. It was reported on both shows that Notre Dame is in the lead for Mustain's commit.

razorback44

could it be that MM is having second thoughts about becoming a hog because Wittke was let go.  I know it's been said before, but before we crucify the kid, maybe this would be why he is looking other ways.  If the person who recruited you was let go, wouldn't you give it a second thought.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

whatsshakinbacon

If this had been good news from Mike I then we would all be celebrating, no questions asked.  It is simply the normal reaction for some to question the messenger when they hear something they don't like.

Mike is dead-on usually.  He was reporting Notre Dame as the team MM was looking at last night before anybody else was.

I don't like bad news any more than the rest of you, but this source is the credible one we all aspire to have.

Bacon out...

Boared

Quote from: craigr417 on December 08, 2005, 12:27:38 am
I don't live in Arkansas, I don't get drivetime. I beleive Rivals is the most respected site, they would have gotten wind of this before you. If this is true, why hasn't Mitch said so pubicly.....

I don't believe Rivals is going to have anything on their site as quick as what local media members would know, since the local media members are closest to the situation. What good would it do for Mitch to say who's ahead and who's behind? That would almost seem like he's playing one off on the other.

chiefsfan

QuoteWhy don't we just take Mike's information for what it is.

a rumor from a reliable source????

Because thats all anything is...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.