Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Mississippi St Game Thread

Started by beachhawg, January 10, 2009, 06:40:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 10, 2009, 09:04:26 pm
could it be the players were just like the fans, too caught up in reading the print. we clearly didnt come to play. but give misstake credit they came to play...

And how many folks said they would take the win over Texas over an SEC one in a minute...well they got their wish

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Probably the only home game we'll lose all year.  Just makes me sick that it happened with all our recruits in the house.  The best part of the game was the signs that gguilo made and the students held up.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogginbama on January 10, 2009, 09:03:39 pm
But don't you expect that from Welsh? Wasn't he 9-21 the other night against texas and praised for the effort. That percentage against texas wasn't much better than tonight, difference is that we won on tuesday.
He also made 9 shots against Texas and shut down perhaps the best guard in the country not named Stephon Curry.

As an entire team we looked Zap tonight.  Pelphrey has a rule in practice about putting your hands on your knees.   On Free throws today from early in the 2nd half on.  Both welsh and washington both looked dead tired

beating texas really hurt us tonight
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

MDH

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on January 10, 2009, 09:02:15 pm
...but this loss makes the wins over OU and Texas meaningless.

That statement was clueless.  The wins are still marquee wins, in no way does this erase those.  Really, after you get your emotions in check you'll realize that statement is just wrong.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HawgnCorona

Quote from: jfred59 on January 10, 2009, 09:06:23 pm
And how many folks said they would take the win over Texas over an SEC one in a minute...well they got their wish

Well I personally want to win them all but thats just me...and I expected them too. But thats why you play the game. Give Misstake credit. No its payback time, and thats how we have to look at it.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

elkhog

Quote from: jj1121 on January 10, 2009, 09:00:20 pm
We can't shoot at home any more.  We couldn't throw a stone in the Ocean tonight and MSU was filling it up.  What gives?

I bought the fricking sports package tonight!  That explains it.
GO HOGS!!!

hog.goblin

Quote from: MDH on January 10, 2009, 09:08:44 pm
That statement was clueless.  The wins are still marquee wins, in no way does this erase those.  Really, after you get your emotions in check you'll realize that statement is just wrong.

I'll second this

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: jfred59 on January 10, 2009, 09:06:23 pm

I'd still take it, just wish it didn't happen on our biggest recruiting weekend.

jfred59

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 10, 2009, 09:09:08 pm
Well I personally want to win them all but thats just me...and I expected them too. But thats why you play the game. Give Misstake credit. No its payback time, and thats how we have to look at it.

You got it....Lets go get the little webels

MDH

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 10, 2009, 09:09:08 pm

Maybe we'll be able to take this to Slumville and use it to fight through a Vanardo thugging to victory.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HawgnCorona

We simply played down to our competition...we had every reason in the world to win tonight and we took advantage of none of them. We didnt play with any kind of fire whatsoever, maybe they were still gloating over there accomplishments up to this point, who knows. I do know we missed an opportunity to take the lead in the SECW.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HawgnCorona

Quote from: MDH on January 10, 2009, 09:10:52 pm
Maybe we'll be able to take this to Slumville and use it to fight through a Vanardo thugging to victory.

Im  hopeful, and I dont give up on my HOGS...I do think we can kick there butts in Stankville. I also we hope they hurt bad tonight for not playing like they should. Maybe a little bit of pain is good medicine...

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: MDH on January 10, 2009, 09:08:44 pm
No the statement is dead on. OU and Texas were NOT conference games. They only become marquee wins if you can win AT HOME in conference play. Teams that lose by 15 at home in conference to teams that aren't even close to ranked do not go to the tournament. The only way to turn this around is to win on the road the next two. Possible? Of course it is. Likely? Uhhh no. It is just one game, but the swing is enormous. Instead of looking at 10 conference wins, now we honestly have to start being realistic and start thinking more like 8.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: elkhog on January 10, 2009, 09:09:45 pm
I bought the fricking sports package tonight!  That explains it.
Hey I used to think like that when I recorded games...anyway there should be no buyers remorse they will get back on track and you can fell good about your purchase.

TomaHawg

PigSoup

We came out flat, stayed flat, and got flattened.  It happens to the best (see N. Carolina and Boston College). 
You never saw a fish on the wall with its mouth closed !!

hog.goblin

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on January 10, 2009, 09:14:49 pm
No the statement is dead on. OU and Texas were NOT conference games. They only become marquee wins if you can win AT HOME in conference play. Teams that lose by 15 at home in conference to teams that aren't even close to ranked do not go to the tournament. The only way to turn this around is to win on the road the next two. Possible? Of course it is. Likely? Uhhh no. It is just one game, but the swing is enormous. Instead of looking at 10 conference wins, now we honestly have to start being realistic and start thinking more like 8.

Except that if we win 9 or 10 games in the SEC then the best chance we have of getting in is OU and UT.  If we only win 8 or less then none of it matters.

HawgnCorona

January 10, 2009, 09:20:29 pm #967 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:25:16 pm by HawgnCorona

They are too marquee wins when it comes to evaluation by the NCAA committee to determine who gets in and who doesnt, thats a good thing (if you dont win the SECT). However, this loss doesnt not look good in the negative column for the same reason. lets just hope we got our wakeup call and from now on realize you have to lace them up and play every night, not just one or two.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

HawgnCorona

Sucks big time folks, but take a deep breath it's just one conference game. No we have win a few on the road we are suppose too. We are still in good shape overall. 12-2 (darn that hurts to say that).

gwddog

This loss was obviously on coach Pel. It was he who didn't wear the jacket!
back 2 back 2 back

forrest city joe

Quote from: CollinsvilleHawg on January 10, 2009, 08:57:53 pm
Guys, having a bad shooting night is one thing.  But to play the game like you dont want to be out there is inexcusable!  They owe people an apology for lack of effort!
O please stop it. sometimes you just have to say i had a bad night. and give the other team credit. we played bad tonight.and MSU played well. forget about this one and move on.

MDH

You are funny.  Really.  Man the drama on this board after a loss cracks me up sometimes. 

This is college basketball with a young team.  And even if we only pull down 8 like you say, with the non-conf wins we have we'll still be on the bubble and most likely in.  Believe in what you have seen, not one game.  You can look at any basketball team on an off night and go sour on them.  If that's what you want to do with these kids, feel free.  I'll go on the history and development prior to this game, call this a bump and roll on thinking we'll be just fine.

Seriously, get a grip.  It was one game.  If they make a habit out of it then I'll get concerned.

hog.goblin

only game that matters right now is the one in Oxford

HawgnCorona

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2009, 09:24:48 pm
O please stop it. sometimes you just have to say i had a bad night. and give the other team credit. we played bad tonight.and MSU played well. forget about this one and move on.

Amen, do your best just like players to get beyond a tough loss and get ready for Missippi(on the road).

3kgthog

That was an even bigger blowout than the final margin. You could tell by halftime that we had no chance. Our defense was poor, shooting awful, and MSU could not miss anything from NBA range. They will sweep us. We just match up horribly with them.

gwddog

January 10, 2009, 09:29:14 pm #976 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:30:48 pm by gwddog
I, like many of you, said at the beginning of the season, that this team was gonna be a lot of fun to watch. I still stand by that statement. This team is very, very young and will be exciting to watch all year. GHG!!       And we still make the dance.
back 2 back 2 back

G-HOG

This sucks! I stayed up all night to follow this game.It's now 4:25 in the morning here in Germany.
I always get pissed when we lose, but i won't give up on them.Thanks to everyone for the coverage!
Without Hogville,i wouldn't be able to keep up on my Hogs.

MDH

Quote from: gwddog on January 10, 2009, 09:29:14 pm
I, like many of you, said at the beginning of the season, that this team was gonna be a lot of fun to watch. I still stand by that statement. This team is very, very young and will be exciting to watch all year. GHG!!

Now that's the attitude!

gwddog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 10, 2009, 09:27:08 pm

Amen, do your best just like players to get beyond a tough loss and get ready for Missippi(on the road).
Who is Missippi?
back 2 back 2 back

HawgnCorona

MDH

Quote from: gwddog on January 10, 2009, 09:35:09 pm
Who is Missippi?

They changed the spelling after they hired Nutt.  It had too many letters, confused him and was just a pain to text.

HawgnCorona

January 10, 2009, 09:37:44 pm #982 Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:39:26 pm by HawgnCorona

or just for you its that state we are all thankful for...trust me on this one i know how to spell Mississippi.

Brownie Tuggle

So is Life in the SEC...there are no gimmes! Pack it up and try again!