Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs. Horns Game Thread

Started by Hawgrox, January 06, 2009, 07:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

razorbacker231

Wow, just wow!!!  great job by pel and the Hogs.  HARD fought game, very physical, and great win.

Im lovin Jump Ball again.  oh yeah, that was a nice 40 minutes of Pel sign in the crowd too.

Mikey

Quote from: Queen Hog on January 06, 2009, 10:31:48 pm
When have y'all felt better than tonight????  Wow...just wow.

April 4, 1994 . . . but those old feelings are starting to come back to me now!!!

Congratulations to the Hogs and Coach Pelphrey.

Jdub

Got to rewind the DVR and watch the last 5 min again.  :)

wildhawgs5

Great great game. Awesome win. I got a headache and I am hoarse, but I love it

fiercefiasco

hei5manhog

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on January 06, 2009, 10:28:23 pm
Did anyone else get tired of all that talk about the big butted horns?

I
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

hei5manhog

Quote from: Jdub on January 06, 2009, 10:36:52 pm
Espn giving props to Welch for his D on Abrams.  He did a great job.

THAT was the key to this game, he was ALL over Abrams tonight, ridiculous effort on both ends from Welsh
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Hangin w tha Hawgs

Makes me mad that connecticut is number 5 in the country with 13-1 record and arkansas has 12-1 record and not ranked yet.

hashog

Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2009, 10:33:51 pm
I dont know what game you were watching but you must have been dreaming or sleeping or something because it was Dykes the whole game.  Dykes is the one that made the banjo comment
HEY you watched the same game i did +1

josh_sec33

Second longest home non-conference win streak.
Two top 10 wins in a week's time
Home SEC opener against MSU (PACK THE BUD DANGIT)

This is what I remember from my college days....We may not be number 1, but we know we are competitive...and that's all I ask.

Also, Sign JP to a 15 year contract. He's got this place loving the roundball again.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

MDH

I will FREAKIN' promise you that there have never been as many upsidedown horns in the state of California as there were tonight.  Damn I wish I could have made the watch party in LA!!!

GO HOGS! BEAT MISSTAKE!
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

hogs25

We're ranked now.  The giant (espn) has spoken.

MDH

Quote from: josh_sec33 on January 06, 2009, 10:44:51 pm
This is what I remember from my college days....We may not be number 1, but we know we are competitive...and that's all I ask.

Also, Sign JP to a 15 year contract. He's got this place loving the roundball again.

Ditto!  My words exactly on both accounts!
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

ishankem

Did u hear that noise coming from the horn locker room?

it was........squeal.......squeal.........squeallll!!!!!!!!!!!!

RazorNoles

Its great to be a Hog basketball fan. This team is playing with a tremendous amount of heart and attitude. CJP is doing an awesome job of coaching the young guys and substituting at just the right time (offense to defense).

For those of you that think we need to wait until the end of the year to extend Pelphrey's contract or give him a raise, you are nuts. These recruits looking at Arkansas know other programs are going to be after CJP in the near future. Prove to them (and CJP) that the UofA is once again serious about basketball. We've done something this week that hasn't been done in years.

Although (in all honesty), I really think Pelphrey is in love with Hog basketball. He knows he will never coach anywhere else with the enthusiastic/rabid crowds like we have at BWA.

Go Hogs!

centarkswine

Way to go Hogs.

WPS!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

chiefsfan

Quote from: RazorNoles on January 06, 2009, 11:12:59 pm

We've done something this week that hasn't been done in years.

Actually it hasnt been done...ever.   We have never ever beaten two top 10 nonconference opponents back to back at home...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hogs25 on January 06, 2009, 10:50:43 pm
We're ranked now.  The giant (espn) has spoken.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290060008

"Michael Washington scored 22 points, including a driving dunk with 22.5 seconds remaining, to help Arkansas upset another top 10 team with a 67-61 victory over No. 7 Texas on Tuesday night."

ar_sports_talk

Quote from: hogs25 on January 06, 2009, 10:26:10 pm
According to Jimmy we were the #6 SECW team and just beat two top 7 teams.  BWA has never looked this great.  It's beautiful.  Eye candy I tell you. 

Dykes actually said that he was shocked that we were picked so far down in the West.  He went on to say we would be 1 or 2 in teh West.
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0