Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs. Sooners Game Thread

Started by Hawgrox, December 30, 2008, 07:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

returntoglory

I could not be happier right now. I was listening on the radio and in the first half you could barely hear the announcers. Kudos to the crowd, kudos to the coach, and kudos to the players.

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

HamShank

We were on the update in the OSU/Oregon game.

HamShank

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 30, 2008, 09:36:25 pm
I didn't get in till half time. You couldn't have heard it for 26 pages.

Sorry, bro.  My mistake.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

oppybrit

masonselby

im glad that game got close and we still had poise. this team is getting better and better with every game, am i the only one thinking we have a legit shot at the sec west crown??
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

bluehog

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on December 30, 2008, 07:55:13 pm
I'm so happy with the game thus far...but there is a pit growing in my stomach right now and it worries me

That feeling in your stomach is called being a Hog fan.  I know it all too well.  But it's worth it on nights like tonight.

DirtyTeeth

i seriously started to wonder if i was going to have cardiac arrest.  it felt so good to be up by 25...and to see it dwindle..i was just hoping we could hold on for a little while.

hawgdevildawg

Quote from: MDH on December 30, 2008, 09:33:06 pm
You didn't have Monk in that, considering the circumstances he was crucial.

I can't believe how well Monk played.  He was awesome!
"Don't worry I'm sure I can struggle my way out of this. I'll just pull my legs out with my hands. And now I'll pull my arms out with my face."--Homer Simpson

TomasPistola

I love Pelphrey. First thing he does is give the fans props. He embodies everything Razorback. God bless him.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HamShank

MDH

Quote from: masonselby on December 30, 2008, 09:38:34 pm
im glad that game got close and we still had poise. this team is getting better and better with every game, am i the only one thinking we have a legit shot at the sec west crown??

We play like that game in and out we own it.  The question is will we?
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HawgnCorona

Quote from: donewithdale on December 30, 2008, 08:22:39 pm
Kareem would have finished those inside shots even with contact.  He had a way of getting shots off vs much bigger players and completing the play.  Fortson is a great creator and gets where he wants on the floor.

Kareem may have finished his shot with contact better, but i beg to disagree on who is the better PG since beck...overall i give the nod to Courtney at this point.

damn good win though, damn good win ya'll it should make everyones night.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

swoopeshog

December 30, 2008, 09:40:33 pm #1215 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:42:49 pm by swoopeshog
"We're just going to take it as another game and go over there and do what we do best and come out with another win," OU guard Willie Warren said. 

http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_365003357.html

Come again Wille!
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: HamShank on December 30, 2008, 09:39:37 pm
Monk played the wrong sport.

I dont know if he did or didnt but im happy to see him play BB.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

honestabe

oppybrit

Quote from: HamShank on December 30, 2008, 09:39:37 pm
Monk played the wrong sport.
I'm sure the pick-up games with TCTWF helped his game!!!

DirtyTeeth

Quote from: HawgnCorona on December 30, 2008, 09:40:00 pm
Kareem may have finished his shot with contact better, but i beg to disagree on who is the better PG since beck...overall i give the nod to Courtney at this point.

damn good win though, damn good win ya'll it should make everyones night.

probably so, but Fortson is only a freshman - Kareem stayed for a while...he had a lot of experience.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 30, 2008, 09:39:34 pm
I love Pelphrey. First thing he does is give the fans props. He embodies everything Razorback. God bless him.

amen, tomas...im still wondering where are all you pel haters. if you are cowering somewhere please stay and dont come out.

HamShank

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 30, 2008, 09:40:24 pm
I know.

The biggest injustice is that when I say it, it gets two responses.

bluehog

Quote from: donewithdale on December 30, 2008, 08:02:28 pm
If he could finish.  Good passer and can get where he wants to on the court. 

Remember he's a freshman.  He'll gain patience with experience.  He'll be OK.

TomasPistola

Quote from: HamShank on December 30, 2008, 09:42:52 pm
The biggest injustice is that when I say it, it gets two responses.

I thought that was funny too.
You were right.
You did a great job.

wildhawgs5

Great great win, haven't been into a game that much since the championship year.

GreenwayTigerHog

Huge win in quite possibly the worst officiated game I've ever seen. 

jst01

Pel said "you dont ever wanna get too high".. I kinda disagree with him there ;)

DirtyTeeth

i never felt this optimistic about basketball in....well, a LONG time.

Thrilbilly

rljjr

Has anyone been listening to the OU post-game? If so, what did they say and what did their coaches and players say?

FHSHater

Mississippi leading the world in being just east of Arkansas.

MDH

Quote from: HawgnCorona on December 30, 2008, 09:42:47 pm
amen, tomas...im still wondering where are all you pel haters. if you are cowering somewhere please stay and dont come out.

Amen, my sig line has been what it is for a long time.  Seriously, Hog fans want blue collar basketball and it's here, now.  There is no better person to deliver that, right now, than JP.  Period.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HawgnCorona

Quote from: DirtyTeeth on December 30, 2008, 09:42:35 pm
probably so, but Fortson is only a freshman - Kareem stayed for a while...he had a lot of experience.

Yes, he is and thats is the nice part about it....i think courtney is here until his Jr yr. I can live with that.

phadedhawg

Whew...I'm outta breath...I didn't have the composure to hop on here during the game.  I'm so proud of our boys.  They went blow to blow with a big time team and withstood every punch.  I said in a previous thread that we had no chance if that is how the game went.

Man I tell ya folks....this crow is tastin' awful good tonight!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOIE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: MDH on December 30, 2008, 09:47:27 pm
Amen, my sig line has been what it is for a long time.  Seriously, Hog fans want blue collar basketball and it's here, now.  There is no better person to deliver that, right now, than JP.  Period.

i will co-signed on that!

bobthebuilder4600

idk about you guys. But im starting to feel like Monk played the wrong sport!

HawgnCorona

December 30, 2008, 09:54:00 pm #1237 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:59:58 pm by HawgnCorona
Quote from: colbs on December 30, 2008, 09:36:26 pm
How many did monk end up with?

not sure yet but he did have double figures. im sure someone will put up stats shortly hang on.

MDH

Quote from: bobthebuilder4600 on December 30, 2008, 09:53:04 pm
idk about you guys. But im starting to feel like Monk played the wrong sport!

Wonder where you got that idea? ;)

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

solitons

DirtyTeeth

razorback541

eathill5

the OU boards are awesome tonight. 

check em out www.ouhoops.com
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

GuvHog

Quote from: DirtyTeeth on December 30, 2008, 09:59:10 pm
final four next year anyone?

If they keep playing as well or better than they did tonight, I'm not so sure you can count them out this year!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

snoblind

Quote from: HawgnCorona on December 30, 2008, 09:54:00 pm
not sure yet but he did have double figures. im sure someone will put up stats shortly hang on.

Monk 12pts., 6 reb

moccus

Can't say we're back, but great glimpse of things to come.  Great win Hogs!!!!

jst01

Quote from: eathill5 on December 30, 2008, 10:02:23 pm
the OU boards are awesome tonight. 

check em out www.ouhoops.com

great link. the OU fans are talking bout Fortson like he's an all american point guard. I love it.

TomasPistola

Quote from: jst01 on December 30, 2008, 10:12:29 pm
great link. the OU fans are talking bout Fortson like he's an all american point guard. I love it.

At his current pace, he should be.
You were right.
You did a great job.