Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament Game 9: Arkansas vs. Tennessee

Started by HOGSWEAT, March 15, 2008, 01:52:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Publius

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 15, 2008, 08:59:53 pm
BTW, Arkansas just jumped to 23rd in the RPI.
May be now looking at a 6 seed or higher with a win tomorrow?

hview

I wonder how many times Steven has practiced that winning shot. :) We need to see that more.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 15, 2008, 08:59:53 pm
BTW, Arkansas just jumped to 23rd in the RPI.
Good enough for a 6 seed? oops someone beat me to it.
Pittman or Bust!

Publius

Quote from: hview on March 15, 2008, 09:01:08 pm
I wonder how many times Steven has practiced that winning shot. :) We need to see that more.
The play by play guy for the Vols, Brad Kessler (I think that is his name), kept calling it a tip in on the post game.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 15, 2008, 09:01:09 pm
Good enough for a 6 seed?

With a win tomorrow, maybe.  8-4 against the top 52 in the RPI. 
I think a 7 is a lock.  UGA is crushing Miss State thus far.  You'd hope that MSU wins this.

You also have to remember the game will be over no earlier than 5:30.
That throws a BIG variable in things.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 15, 2008, 08:45:10 pm
Just as Ervin has lately found redemption.  Props for Steven Hill.  Just imagine what could have been if these guys had been properly coached for four years.  However, I am enjoying the moment and I am happy that Steven gets to have a moment in the sun for an Offensive play.

right
i had just finished telling my brother in law
you all would be unstoppable if Hill could score on the inside

then a minute later he drops one for the win

HogWild09

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!! LORD ITS HARD TO BE HUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, ya know, that's just, like, your opinion, man..

Golfer

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on March 15, 2008, 08:25:13 pm
I hate watching stat trackers on the internet, it showed us go up 92-91 then the clock stop at 1 second.  I thought we fouled them.

The clock always stops on a made basket with under a minute left in the game. It has been that way for years.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: Golfer on March 15, 2008, 09:14:45 pm
The clock always stops on a made basket with under a minute left in the game. It has been that way for years.
Hill made that shot with 5 seconds left.
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

hogs25

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 15, 2008, 08:53:44 pm
No team, Arkansas or Tennessee, can whine or complain about a foul on a shot with less than a second left when they missed free throws or made other big mistakes.

Getting a foul, even if it is Chris Lofton, won't happen that late unless he's knocked to the floor.

Arkansas won.  Give some love to the Hogs and move on.  If you are searching for a foul that late, you're grasping at some pretty weak twigs.

Good luck to UT in the NCAAT. 

Exactly, no ref regardless of sport or age should have an impact game changing moment under 3 seconds left unless it's so obvious that he didn't have a choice.  This could be the best thing to happen to Tenn.  Like the '94 team after they lost in the SECT they turned on the afterburners in the NCAAT.  Sometimes winning creates boredom.

firemanhogfan

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 15, 2008, 08:56:47 pm
I
agreed
I don't even care about Basketball
But it's filling the void till football,
then shut the bleep up and get off the jump ball board!

hogjayhawk

WE ARE BACK TO PLAYING BALL LIKE THE REAL HOGS USED TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hview

They've not mentioned, but I thought both Hunter and Washington played some valuable minutes today. Hunter has really stepped up lately.

dhornjr1

Quote from: hview on March 15, 2008, 09:26:09 pm
They've not mentioned, but I thought both Hunter and Washington played some valuable minutes today. Hunter has really stepped up lately.

Hunter gave us some huge minutes today. Washington did as well.

kitshicker

I've finally calmed down enough to post. Best freaking game I have seen from a Razorback team in years. I take back every bad thing I have ever said about Steven Hill. Props to every single player, Thomas had a career day.

claynjen

Woooooooooo! Pig Soooooie!

How 'bout them Hogs.....sorry UT....no Vols in
the SEC Championship this year.

I have to say, with 5:00 left and down by 9, I
didn't even give my 'Backs much of a chance, but like all the way through the whole game, they just never gave up. Great heart by a great group of senior in what was called a "rebuilding year" from the beginning.

Congrats, Hogs...you earned it tonite!

Bring on the UGA/MSU winner! We're ready!

T2 RZB

Can't wait until Monday.  There are always about 20 UT fans picking up garbage on my way up I-530 to Little Rock being watched by a guy wearing a big hat and riding a horse.  Plan to fly my Hog flags and honk my horn.

Bomis Hawg

Since I moved, I don't work with as many UT fans.  My wife, a UT alum, and I don't talk too much trash.  ;D

I still work with some UT fans.  Tomorrow will be great.

dhornjr1

Quote from: T2 RZB on March 15, 2008, 09:32:48 pm
Can't wait until Monday.  There are always about 20 UT fans picking up garbage on my way up I-530 to Little Rock being watched by a guy wearing a big hat and riding a horse.  Plan to fly my Hog flags and honk my horn.

ROFLMAO!

+1

Golfer

Quote from: Maverick Razorback on March 15, 2008, 09:20:59 pm
Hill made that shot with 5 seconds left.

I realize that, but the poster was asking why the clock stopped and I was explaining that it always stops with under a minute to play in the game.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 15, 2008, 09:35:30 pm
Since I moved, I don't work with as many UT fans.  My wife, a UT alum, and I don't talk too much trash.  ;D

I still work with some UT fans.  Tomorrow will be great.

thankfully
I'm on vacation next week
but I've already had a a couple of phone calls from co-workers

vol_in_ar

T2 RZB

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 15, 2008, 09:35:30 pm
Yeah, I lived in Memphis 5 years and have some great friends that are UT fans.  I won't be talking trash to them.  We beat a great team today who actually played very well.  They shot 55% from the field and were 11-24 from behind the arc and shot their free throws above their season average.  Our domination on the boards and determination to win was the difference.  We have a lot to be proud of today.

Lanny

thanks for the updates during the game.  I'm stuck in San Antonio this weekend.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

vol_in_ar

Quote from: hSv on March 15, 2008, 09:52:19 pm
thanks for the updates during the game.  I'm stuck in San Antonio this weekend.

enjoy the riverwalk and the tamales