Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament Game 9: Arkansas vs. Tennessee

Started by HOGSWEAT, March 15, 2008, 01:52:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGSWEAT

Surely we're not 22 points worse than the Vols? Well... time to prove it!

jgphillips3

I love the Razorbacks, but Tennessee is better than us this year.  I believe they are probably 10 points better than us on a nuetral floor BUT none of that matters.  All that matters is what happens on the Court today.  LSU should have run us off the field in football, but we snuck up and bit them where the sun didn't shine with a nuttjob as coach...then they trotted off to SEC and National championships.  I think we have a good shot at UT today and an excellent shot at the tournament title if we get by them.

HOGSWEAT

I think you're exactly right. No question they are better than us... but not as much as they beat us by @ Tenn.

I'm going to say we keep this game within 5 points.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 15, 2008, 01:56:02 pm
I love the Razorbacks, but Tennessee is better than us this year.  I believe they are probably 10 points better than us on a nuetral floor BUT none of that matters.  All that matters is what happens on the Court today.  LSU should have run us off the field in football, but we snuck up and bit them where the sun didn't shine with a nuttjob as coach...then they trotted off to SEC and National championships.  I think we have a good shot at UT today and an excellent shot at the tournament title if we get by them.

ark will win

bcdeputy

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 15, 2008, 02:01:10 pm
ark will win

I hope your right, and I'll root my tail off for them, but I just don't think it will happen...

MDH

Quote from: bcdeputy on March 15, 2008, 02:04:04 pm
I hope your right, and I'll root my tail off for them, but I just don't think it will happen...

I wouldn't put money on the Hogs winning... but they will win, at least that's what the two Ervins in my head keep telling me.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Coach Obvious

If Weems is "on," and Ervin doesn't throw the ball to the Vols too many times today, we'll win by 4.

If Weems is off, and Ervin is in turnover mode, we'll lose by 11.

Hollywood_HOGan45

arkansas has the athletic ability and the size inside to really get after the Vols. I thought we had the ability to be in the top 25 and stay there but we were just way too inconsistent.

Now this group of players can change their legacy in these next two weeks. If they show the heart and guts they did yesterday and if Bev and Weems are hitting from the outside, we can beat down the vols.

but will we?

we will see in about 4 hours.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 15, 2008, 02:01:10 pm
ark will win

quick, say we'll lose!

you said that last time and UT killed us.

dont jinx us this time.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 15, 2008, 02:14:46 pm
quick, say we'll lose!

dont jinx us this time.

We'll lose! ;)

L.A.

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 15, 2008, 02:14:46 pm
quick, say we'll lose!

dont jinx us this time.

Where's Olliver Miller when we need him?

Shuga Town HEMI

What channel is the game on in central arkansas?

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

weresoclose

This Hog team needs the crowd more than ever.  Everyone related to 3rd string trombonists gotta show up. 

NuttinItUp

HOGSWEAT

Why is it at 5... UGH!! lol

Why not just play it right now

NuttinItUp

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 15, 2008, 03:03:56 pm

To give the teams time to rest since they will play immediately following that one?

hogsailor

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 15, 2008, 02:57:46 pm
Central time, yes at 5.
6pm local time (Eastern)

Thanks. I thought it came on after the KvG game but got some huntin show.

My wife is happy cause she can stay out shopping now and I'm happy cause I get the house to myself a couple more hours!!!

-- -- Joseph Joubert

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 15, 2008, 03:03:56 pm

i dont get that either.
i figured we would play right after that game and then play the other semi game later that day.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: MDH on March 15, 2008, 02:08:16 pm
I wouldn't put money on the Hogs winning... but they will win, at least that's what the two Ervins in my head keep telling me.
^^^Post of the week candidate right there^^^

HOGSWEAT

revolution

This team has been somewhat of a disappointment, but let's give them props for making the SEC Finals last year and the semis (at least) this year.  Most every other team in the conference would like to have such mediocre (for us) success.  Even though we're not all the way back, we're still better than 85% of the college basketball world.

Now it's time to climb back into the top 5-10%!  WPS!

HOGSWEAT

Banx32

any one think derrick favors will be there? he is from atlanta and since the hogs and ga. are recruiting him i wouldnt be suprised if he came...that is if he can get in... http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44563&Sport=2

Rad Morris

Breems

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 15, 2008, 03:10:37 pm
OM was here earlier today, but posted nothing.  Go figure.

Heh, still recovering from his "Vandy will beat Ark easy" thread.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

MDH

March 15, 2008, 06:04:40 pm #25 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:06:53 pm by MDH
Georgia Weather

SECT needs to be somewhere else...  Will they ever play these games?

EDIT: Ok, I guess so.  ESPN lied to me again...
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

40MINSOFHELL

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Table Rocker

Quote from: L.A. on March 15, 2008, 02:29:07 pm
Where's Olliver Miller when we need him?

he's hiding out until this game is over. if we lose, he'll come back claiming he was only off by a game. he'll be spinning more than a pinwheel. of course, if we win, it'll be another day before we see him.

MDH

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hawgsav1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIGGGGG  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm excited.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: ImissBrewer on March 15, 2008, 06:10:24 pm
crap we're in our away jerseys.

and we are playing in another teams gym, this isnt good for us :(

hogsailor

March 15, 2008, 06:11:16 pm #33 Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:14:22 pm by hogsailor
What channel in Fort Smith please?

Never mind, found it on cox channel 7.

Never can trust what the guide says.

-- -- Joseph Joubert

Ulysses_S_Grunt

townes, weems, hunter, ervin, beverley starting for hogs

MDH

SteveInArk

Go Hogs..........    (FWIW, Clemson just beat Duke)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Ulysses_S_Grunt

early turnover and lay in for tennessee

2-0 vols

Ulysses_S_Grunt

hunter with a nice drive to tie it up at 2!

Maverick Razorback

IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Maverick Razorback

IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Ulysses_S_Grunt

misses first... and misses the 2nd
6-4 vols 16:53 left

Maverick Razorback