Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas goes down 71-93 to Tenn.

Started by booogaga, February 13, 2008, 07:37:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfer

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 13, 2008, 10:50:11 pm
well in a way we are paying them.  We pay them at least 10,000 dollars per year to come here.   Now that 10,000 covers their college education and isnt given to the in cash.  But they have it easy

There is nothing easy about college athletics with  as much time as they have to spend practicing, games, etc, and still keep up their class work.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Publius on February 13, 2008, 10:51:41 pm
What does a years tuition, room and board, books, etc. go for these days at UAF?

10,000 was a guess based on what I paid per year at ASU.   I dont know what the going rate at UA is
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Golfer on February 13, 2008, 10:50:02 pm
I stand corrected. Thanks.

it was a pretty decent line, I couldn't watch it get brushed off ;)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 13, 2008, 10:54:12 pm
10,000 was a guess based on what I paid per year at ASU.   I dont know what the going rate at UA is

for a year, more like 12,000
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

elksnort

Quote from: Golfer on February 13, 2008, 10:43:27 pm
I read quite well, thanks.. I thought soccer players were considered athletes..even Jr. High soccer players. lol Am I wrong?

Dude, I usually don't say this.

You go away. You are getting personal with Oliver Miller instead of talking about the subject.

There is nothing to be happy about getting beat by 20. Not a freakin thing.

hogballplayer30

Quote from: elksnort on February 13, 2008, 10:55:14 pm

You go away. You are getting personal with Oliver Miller instead of talking about the subject.

Were you being sarcastic...or for real?  I cant figure it out and its buggin me.

msudawgs64

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on February 13, 2008, 10:38:25 pm
And beat UF and MSU by 20. It just depends on what team shows up.

If MSU matched up with us so well than why did we beat them by 20?

because the Hogs played at home in the first game, where we don't win, but we do beat Arkansas at home more times than not, even in that year you guys won the NC.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Oliver

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: heathtits on February 13, 2008, 10:27:37 pm
I really wish you would stop posting. Why do you even watch or like the hogs? Just to bash them? EVERYTHING you say is either ridiculous or blatantly disrespectful to our team and players. Apparently you got picked on too much by athletes in high school.

Want do you want? A world where everyone agrees on everything? The only reason that Hogville is interesting is because of the disparity of opinion, otherwise there'd be nothing to discuss. Sure, Oliver is a pessimist, but he doesn't just pull stuff out of his ass. There's always an element there that's bouncing around in the back of everyone's head.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

DaveV

The game is over. An L is an L, 41 or 20 who cares. Just says W's and L's.

It's over, done, I didn't expect us to win, and we didn't. By 20 or by 2 I don't care, it's an L.

Time to focus on Miss St and winning the West. You people bashing the team and so forth just need to stop and go to bed now, can't win every game, much less on the road to a Top 5 team. You have unrealistic expectations for this team. You should be used to this over the past few seasons.

Beat Miss St and win the West, this season will be a great success. You can't dwell on one freaking game after we win 4 in a row. Forget it and regroup.

Golfer

Quote from: elksnort on February 13, 2008, 10:55:14 pm

Who are you to tell anyone to go away? I don't see "Administrator" by your name, so I will stick around as long as I want, thank you.

elksnort

Quote from: Golfer on February 13, 2008, 11:27:37 pm
Who are you to tell anyone to go away? I don't see "Administrator" by your name, so I will stick around as long as I want, thank you.

+1 to you

Oliver

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 13, 2008, 11:11:11 pm
Want do you want? A world where everyone agrees on everything? The only reason that Hogville is interesting is because of the disparity of opinion, otherwise there'd be nothing to discuss. Sure, Oliver is a pessimist, but he doesn't just pull stuff out of his ass. There's always an element there that's bouncing around in the back of everyone's head.

I really try to be optimistic Ross.  I hope Santana will allow my Mets blogs to be more pleasant this year.

eathill5

Quote from: Publius on February 13, 2008, 10:40:51 pm
Because we played them at home and shot lights out from the line.  The road in the SEC is totally different as evidenced by the crap we saw tonight.

How come when we play a good team at home and beat them by 20 you say it isn't impressive.  When we go on the road and get beat by 20 you think we have a terrible team.   You said the reason we won the game against MSU was we played at home and shot lights out from the freethrow line.   That is the exact reason we got beat tonight.  You can't just use the argument when it works for you.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Publius

Quote from: eathill5 on February 14, 2008, 09:12:27 am
How come when we play a good team at home and beat them by 20 you say it isn't impressive.  When we go on the road and get beat by 20 you think we have a terrible team.   You said the reason we won the game against MSU was we played at home and shot lights out from the freethrow line.   That is the exact reason we got beat tonight.  You can't just use the argument when it works for you.
Weren't they also without one of their better shooters (Hansbrough) when we played them in BWA?  The point of my original post was that THE ROAD IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL AND THE HOGS SUCK ON THE ROAD!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BCShogs

Quote from: Hawg2011 on February 13, 2008, 10:25:04 pm
We'll see. I'm pretty sure we beat Miss St. HANDILY at BWA...it had nothing to do with free throws we handled them all nite long. We're gonna prove that we can play on the road now. No one wins at Tenn. It's probably top five hardest places to play. Especially for a Hog team that has not had a very good road winning record since nolan. These guys arent used to winning away from home. Tenn is not a good place to start. We hung in the first half. Second half a couple bad decisions, some bad calls..and the game is over.

Good post. Not to mention Tenn shooting lights out.