Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoltz is eligible!

Started by HOGLEG, March 12, 2005, 05:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGLEG

Matt Stoltz, (All-Everything LB coming out of HS, Signed w/LSU and spent last year in their weight program while redshirting). The whole BB deal has left me feeling like someone's prison b!tch. So, starting today I am turning all my interest to this coming football season. I know one player doesn't make a team. But I am starting to feel pretty good about the defensive side of the ball. Who do you see starting on defense for the first game? Here's mine...

RE-Anderson
SE-Harrison
DT- Mitchell,Bledsoe

SLB-Stoltz
MLB-Moore
WLB-'Butu

CB-Grant,Vinnett
FS-Thorton
SS-Kelly

With the hard-arsk coaching philosophy that Herring brings, I am looking forward to football. If Nutt can get settled on a QB by halftime of the first game, and don't have a 1a...1b...1c...We could be pretty good. What do ya'll think?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Biggus Piggus

If Stoltz plays linebacker, it will be middle linebacker.
[CENSORED]!

Fletch

I think it is way to early to tell who might start with Herring running the defense. Some that may have been considered obvious may not cut it with RH. So far Bledsoe way out of shape. It has been my opinion for the past few years that we are a stud defense away from being a really good team. Hopefully that is about to happen.
I feel like $100

Biggus Piggus

I agree it is early.  I say no freaking way Mitchell starts his first collegiate game, and Bledsoe starting would be a slap in the face to the returning starters who work much harder than he does.  Besides, Harrison is not going to play end.  He is a tackle now.

I'll be surprised if Herring trusts one of the corner positions to Grant.  He has a lot to learn.
[CENSORED]!

HOGLEG

Biggus 
He is quoted in the Gazette as saying: "I really like Coach Herring. He told us the 3 best LB's will play. He has plans to play me a (strong-side) right now, but that could change." SLB seems to be a good fit since he's faster than Moore. That's two pretty imposing LB's. Both are around 6'3" and around 240 lbs.. I bet both can tackle too  ;D  Which was something we were lacking last year.

Biggus Piggus

I wouldn't trust that paraphrase if I were you.
[CENSORED]!