Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Women's NIT bids late Sunday

Started by Bill_Smith, March 12, 2005, 10:27:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_Smith

To answer a question posed on a couple of threads . . .

Women's NCAA selection show is 4 p.m.; WNIT starts making calls about an hour later.  There is no central "selection show," but as soon as we find out if we're going and who we're playing, it will post on LADYBACKS.COM.

Also, don't confuse the Women's NIT -- a 32-team draw played across the country at home sites similar to the men's -- with the National Women's Invitational Tournament, which was the eight-team, three-day event that existed for about 15 years in Amarillo.  It went away in 1996 and the WNIT came in to replace it in 1998.
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

V B Porkers

Forget the women, They have as sorry a coach as the men

Lanny

Quote from: Bill_Smith on March 12, 2005, 10:27:00 am
To answer a question posed on a couple of threads . . .

Women's NCAA selection show is 4 p.m.; WNIT starts making calls about an hour later. There is no central "selection show," but as soon as we find out if we're going and who we're playing, it will post on LADYBACKS.COM.

Also, don't confuse the Women's NIT -- a 32-team draw played across the country at home sites similar to the men's -- with the National Women's Invitational Tournament, which was the eight-team, three-day event that existed for about 15 years in Amarillo. It went away in 1996 and the WNIT came in to replace it in 1998.

Bill,

Thanks for the update, and good luck to the ladybacks.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Macgyver_Hawg

Bill, I hear the ladys are getting the flat screen tv's for their weight room too.

Bill_Smith

Quote from: MacGyver_Hawg on March 12, 2005, 10:44:50 am
Bill, I hear the ladys are getting the flat screen tv's for their weight room too.

No, they already have two nice regular TV in front of the cardio equipment.

maniax22bolts20

Thank you for the information Bill Smith and Welcome to Hogville.net ! I hope the Ladybacks make it in and expect them to do well if that happens. I've heard Mississippi State and Arkansas State are among area teams expected to join them. The first round match-up should be more than interesting. BTW. I want to see some of the UA softball games soon.

Bill_Smith

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 12, 2005, 06:29:42 pm
Thank you for the information Bill Smith and Welcome to Hogville.net ! I hope the Ladybacks make it in and expect them to do well if that happens. I've heard Mississippi State and Arkansas State are among area teams expected to join them. The first round match-up should be more than interesting. BTW. I want to see some of the UA softball games soon.

Actually, with the way the last conference tournaments broke and the fact the major conferences across the board seemed to beat themselves up in the middle ranks this year, the Women's NIT could have some very interesting names and heavy with major conference teams.  We're projecting three Big 12 (if OU gets cut from the NCAA), four SEC and several big names in the regional neighborhood.

Fun begins later tonight.